main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

**Official** MEDIA reviews of AOTC -- your reactions

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by jasman, May 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Tin-Buk_Tu

Jedi_Tin-Buk_Tu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Ron has updated his review, to talk about the CGI, the score, and how this film relates to the others...

HERE IS THE LINK

2. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    From all the Official Episode 2 reviews, Star Wars Episode 2 is sounding quite promising. I'm just glad Me Lucas has not lost his touch like many people have said. I hope it blows all the other summer movies out of the water. Only 12 days to go now.

3. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
    You're Right Daniel. reading all of these comments and such makes me want to see the movie NOW!!! Oh god!!! The FORCE is BACK!! Whoooo!
    *Cries* sorry... mesa just happy. :) :D

4. Spike_Spiegal

Spike_Spiegal Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    Is anyone else excited a the descriptions of the Yoda fight? :D

5. Anakin_Skywalker20

Nov 16, 2000
  6. deltau922

deltau922 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 1999
    Spike, you betcha! The Yoda scene sounds, uh, masterful.

7. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Yes I cannot wait to see Yoda kick some serious ass. I think this battle will be done very well.

8. Khanus

Khanus Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2002
    Spike, I know what u mean thats the one thing that was concerning me about AOTC and Ive not heard one negative thing about Yoda v Dooku...quite the opposite as many have highlighted this as the best scene in a movie, which by all accounts is inundated with them!!!

I just can not wait...I phoned my girlfriend blubbering like a fool but she quite understands and is looking forward to it herself. She's un-spoiled, the lucky girl!!

9. w_sasso_mdtv

w_sasso_mdtv Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 10, 2002
    Here's another positive review:

http://www.filmjerk.com/reviews/starwars.html

This is a little of what filmjerk had to say about the movie:

"...The cinematography is crisp and beautiful, and the transfer of the digitally shot feature onto traditional film stock is exquisite. John Williams adds another impressive score to his long list of accomplishments. Jar Jar is hardly in the film, and what little we do see of him shows a minor rethink of the character was made to make him less annoying. Yoda becoming an all CG character adds that missing element that makes the Jedi Master an essential character to the series. And Natalie Portman will make all the GFB's forget about Kirsten Dunst and her wet shirt in the other major summer blockbuster-to-be.

Before the screening began, I was blase about the film's chances to succeed as a part of the saga. It seemed that Lucas was tied down with needing to have certain plot points be in the film because that is what the fans are expecting. By the time the screening ended, Episode Three couldn't get here quickly enough for me.

I give Attack of the Clones an A- for effort and an A- for execution. This is the film Star Wars fans have been waiting for since 1980."

Sounds good to me. What do you guys think?

10. Jedi_Tin-Buk_Tu

Jun 1, 2001
    I think that review is a fake that he gleaned from the rough draft of the script floating around on the internet.

He calls Padme "the Queen", and names Sido-Dyas instead of Sifo-Dyas.

11. w_sasso_mdtv

w_sasso_mdtv Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 10, 2002
    Here's, yet, another review...

http://www.crazedfanboy.com/nolansnewsstand02/moviereviewpcr110a.html

"To sum it up, "Attack of the Clones" is almost destined to be the biggest film of the summer, if not the year. I enthusiastically recommend it and give it my highest award, four stars out of four. Episode 3 is due May 2005. Get in line now!"

12. a2dmusic

a2dmusic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 4, 2001
    I like his reaction! But his review is kind of a waste... instead of doing much reviewing, he spends half of it describing the plot! He doesn't tell us much about the FX or anyone beside Hayden's acting, for example.

But I'm thrilled we have another positive review!

13. Anakin_Skywalker20

Nov 16, 2000
    yesssssss! :) WHOOOO!... I wanna see movie noW!! oh god 12 more days left... aaaah [face_laugh]

14. JohnWilliams00

JohnWilliams00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    Funny how they mention the only bad effect is whenever an actor rides something, be it Dooku on his speeder thing, or Anakin on that animal. I guess it must be a hard effect to pull off.

I remember Harry Potter and LOTR had a similar problem. And who could forget the famous deleted scene of TPM, with that horrible effect of Kitster riding an Eopie.

15. jedibri

jedibri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2000
    Don't you guy's think this makes other movie co. cring a little? I mean sure SW will make money. But with all the good reviews it will draw more people.

By the way the Force is not back. IT NEVER LEFT!!!!!!!!!!

16. Anakin_Skywalker20

Nov 16, 2000
    JediBri, what I meant was, the Force is stronger than what we had!!! :cool:

17. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    I have one minor gripe about the positive review of Ronald Epstein is his view that the bear clan scene is totally unnecessary, not that I moan too much but obvious this guy messed the point of this scene.
    I'm quite amazed at the positive reviews. Although I'll be interested in a negative review and if there is a serious gripe to made with it.

18. CMR

CMR Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2002
    I have only heard one negative thing about the Yoda / Dooku fight :(

:(

It's really really bad because.....

:(

it's too frellin' short!!!!!

other than that the review said its awesome!

19. clerk

clerk Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 2, 1998
    It looked great in TPM when Qui-Gon was riding the Eopie. That must be the exception to the rule.

20. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    Right I know this isn't exactly great info but here in the UK we could receive our firast review of the film on the childs news programme Newsround, apparently they will have a special report next week, so hopefully more good stuff.

21. deltron_zero

deltron_zero Jedi Master star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    not sure if this has been posted, but there are a whole bunch of new reviews posted here at AICN. i'm not going to read them, but some of you guys might want to.

22. Jedi_Tin-Buk_Tu

Jun 1, 2001
    A guy from Foundry music, who hated TPM, gave AOTC a very positive review on the "Opi and Anthony Show".

Four out of five stars.

23. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Hopefully having this back on page one will put the slightly jittery Fan Review Thread into perspective :) So far the press LOVE IT :)

24. CaptPanakaBacca

CaptPanakaBacca Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 16, 2002
    Hi. My buddy went to the LA screenign last night for theatre owners. He said" absolutely awesome!" He said this is the movie for the star wars fans. he told me some things which might be spoilish, specially his own take on the final shot, and something interesting about the opening shot. Let me know.

25. jasman

jasman Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 29, 1998
    I wonder if Ebert and Roeper are going to review it on their show tomorrow. Ebert seems to be a big SW fan, and gave TPM a very positive review. He holds a lot of sway with the moviegoing public, so a good review from him would be significant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.