1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Adelaide (20th-22nd November), Brisbane (27th-29th November)

Oz Comic Con: Brisbane (19th-20th September), Sydney (26th-27th September)

FF:WA Official meet reminder

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by soneil, Mar 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    A reminder about the meet for those who plan on being Outer Rim members (If you can't make it that doesn't mean you can't be a member of course).

Date - 17th March Saturday
    Time - 6pm
    Location - 403 Crawford Rd Dianella

Eat dinner before you come since we'll be going straight in the meeting. Feel free to bring munchies and soft drink though. If you need transport and don't already have arrangements, contact me and I'll see what I can do.
    Princess Lego will send a reminder email to those who are on the mailing list.

The agenda for the meeting is as follows (I'm taking this from the next meetup thread and the club positions thread).

-------------------------------------------

Club constitution. Plenty to discuss there. I'd say this will take a lot of the time.

Club positions. Discuss any suggestions and/or objections to the current club positions. This needs to be finalised.

Club bank account. This will probably mostly involve Sith Magician and perhaps myself and a few others but I think everyone should have a say in the club finances.

Swancon. Pinback can lead the discussion about this since he's been looking into it. (I don't think Pinback will be there but if you guys still want to do something about this then we'd better make plans pronto)

Club website. By then, the basic structure of the website should be ready and it will be a case of filling in the content.

Posters, flyers. A lot of places have a greed to display, distrubute them when we do them so we need to do them. But first, we need to decide what we'll say on them.

Club contacts. We want to get people interested in the club but what do they do then? I think at least 1 member should list themself as a contact for phone enquiries about the club. Club post office box perhaps?

Date and venue for the following meet. We should get in the habit of planning meets properly.

-------------------------------------------

Think about these matter before you come to the meeting and be prepared to discuss them. If anyone else has anything they'd like discussed at the meet, reply to this post.

Remember that the club can become official in a couple of weeks. We've waited a long time for this (some of us longer than others) so let's make it worth the wait by being ready.
  2. Ghost-of-Spider Jedi Knight

star 3
    And a few more have been waiting for positive action--go for it guys, get this thing off the ground, others may follow.

**I'll go back to club lurking now-sorry***
  3. Ethane Jedi Padawan

I'll be there sans wife and child, the little one's been playing up merry hell the past week and I think she would just be a distraction. Sorry if there were special arrangements made to accomodate me bringing her along, but its just popped up. I'll be there though, so all is not lost (depending on who you talk to)

4. JediLeia21 Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Attension Jedi nat: is it ok if i meet u down at centerpoint , then u won't have to drive all the way back to my house , at 4.30 -5.00pm or earlier i don't mind .
    thanks
  5. Jedi_Nat Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Attention those who are being taxied to the meet by me, Jedi Nat:

JL - I'll be picking you at Midland Centrepoint. Meet outside Woolies at 4:30pm

SM - I'll be picking you up outside of Red Rooseter on Great Eastern Highway, Rivervale at 5:30pm

Then it's off to Steve's place for the meet.

Just so you know, you two owe me. And SM, you know your son does too!!!
  6. Sith Magician Force Ghost

star 5
    Hmm, some of the points in the first post are still relevant for our next meet,
    and Nat never did say what my son owed her....
  7. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    I agree about the meeting points. As I mentioned in another thread, we need to decide on when to have the next official meet. I'll get some ideas from talking to some of you about when you'd prefer it and then post some proposed dates on here.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.