main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson OFFICIAL MEETING AUG 26TH 2-5PM JOEL D VALDEZ LIBRARY (DOWNTOWN)

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by firstsonofsolo, Aug 10, 2007.

1. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Great meeting guys thanks to everyone who came. I personally beleieve we voted better than ever, and it will only strenghten the group. Ill be posting the new dates and event threads shortly.

2. JediObiKat

JediObiKat Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    August meeting minutes

Attendance:
    -firstsonofsolo
    -_Anakin_Vader_
    _Kickingnscreaming
    -Hal9k1
    -Mr. Wookiee
    -dialswiftjustice
    -Phil
    -Amber of Borg
    -Glenn
    -Gabriel
    -JediObiKat
    -RebelMom
    -Cathiecat
    -mothman (Brandon)

Minutes:
    -Treasurer: since the TFF itself does not actually hold money, we do not need a treasurer, however there are items that belong to the TFF as a group (the banner, and let me know what else specifically), so the secretary can keep a list of these items
    -T-shirts: probably not - we would need an order of about 50 to make it cost effective
    -TMC: this will be a Fan Force event, two dates: Sunday Sept. 16 10am-done and Wednesday Oct. 31 10am-done. They want no more than 5 people costumed, major characters only. Also on Halloween, we will do a visit to the children's rehabilitation clinic on the TMC campus from 3-4:30...again, they want about 5-6 people costumed (+1-2 wranglers). Let Dustin know if you will be going to any of these.
    -Halloween evening: DSG event on Mill Ave in Tempe
    -Howl-o-ween at Reid Park zoo: Oct 26-28, 6-8pm Fri&Sat, 5-7pm Sun. Big event-->everyone should come, costumed or just in a SW t-shirt. We will be in the polar bear area again, but we will also have the giraffe feeding area. If you can provide some backup candy, that would be nice in case the zoo-provided candy runs out. There will another planning meeting for the event (for those interested) on Sat. Sept. 8, 9 am at the zoo (it does cost something to get in).
    -TFF advertising: somebody in Phoenix can make stickers/decals for car bumpers, it would be about $8/sticker and would feature the TFF website...
    -Light parade-it's in December
    -New TFF rules are posted online
    -Labor day Tusken raider building party in Phoenix led by Dustin
    -NEXT MEETING: Sunday Sept. 23, 4-6pm at Toyboxx (can somebody post the actual address? not the confusing directions! :), show up earlier if you want to look around the store and have ice cream. FSOS will submit the meeting time to the main page.
    -Standardized meeting times: 2nd Sunday of every month and 2pm, we will try to hold them at the library
    -Minis: sounds liek it is going well, it's like RPG on a gameboard. Anyone who wants to try can join the group.
    -RPG: yes, RPG is still open to new members! but what's this I hear about my character getting shattered to pieces while I was away or us being in a not-so-SW-more-like-AVP universe....? o_O
    -Book club: I get moving on the thread so we can decide on a book and time

3. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    Thank you for keeping up with the meeting, taking the notes, and posting them.

4. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Yes excellent work! Thanks so much Kat

5. JediObiKat

JediObiKat Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    I would hate to look like a delinquent secretary ;-)

6. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    I"d like to see exactly what a delinquent secretary looks like, sounds like a rare species.

7. Bylar

Bylar Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2006
    sorry i missed the meeting everyone, my left ankle had swelled up to double its size and i couldnt walk for a few days. its only now starting to get back to normal size. not sure how i injured it even...or if i even did at all as i was doing some remote healing on a person with some debilitating afflictions in the same ankle. extreme empathy is a blessing and a curse at the same time lol

8. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    You must learn to let it go and not take it on yourself. Easier said then done but it can be learned.