main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Official Meeting thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Unicron, May 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sabe-oola

sabe-oola Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2002
    I am going to be bringing Boca burgers, since I am a Veggie, and I will also bring a case of cokes, a bag of chips, and I will make some x-tra tasty pasta salad! That is just to let you all know what I will be bringing to give you an idea............I will be there and possibly Brian, he isn't sure yet, but I am definitely there.

2. Drk Father1

Drk Father1 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    Great, sounds good to me! I'll bring some hot dogs, buns, chips, and 7-up. Don't forget paper plates and napkins. :) Oh, I'll also bring my wife!

As for this coming weekend, I'd be glad to meet some folks up at T-town if that's when we want to set up a table. Any thoughts on that Stephen?

As for the fliers, we're just kind of going by the seat of our pants, but I can come up with something a little nicer, though it will have to be in black and white. I just copy them at work!

And Mel, don't forget, if you need a ride let me know.

3. Stephen_R

Stephen_R Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2002
    Sounds fine to me. You just need to check in with a Manager before setting up. Just so they know you're there. Tell them that it has been approved by Mr. Roberts and Mr. Tredway.

4. Unicron

Unicron Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2002
    I kind of like bossknopp's idea of everyone bringing their own food. That way you're pretty much assured that everyone gets enough to eat.

For those who aren't going to the movie before hand and don't know where it is, someone should post directions to Cherokee Park.

Flyer-wise, I have the text-only one that Phil made up a week or so ago up on the site. At least it has the site addy and a few e-mail addresses on it for people to contact if they're interested in more info. I made one with Vader on it that I am taking to WonderFest this weekend. I will add that to the site today just in case anyone wants to print it out to advertise with.

Sometime today I will also add a list of people who have so-far said they were coming to the party on the website, just so we kind of know who all to expect.

-John

5. jediknightcox

jediknightcox Jedi Youngling

Mar 23, 2002
    Well...I will not be able to attend the movie..:( But..I will be able to attend the picnic. I will be bringing my wife...and maybe 2 other people...got to check with them first to see if they are coming.

6. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    Cool! The more the merrier!

7. jediknightcox

Mar 23, 2002
    is it me...or did the website disapear?

8. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    Just you. :)

Really, its still there.

9. son_of_calrissian

son_of_calrissian Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
    I will definitely be there. The 8th at Cherokee Park sounds good. Don't know what I'll bring to eat or if I will bring somebody, but I will be there.

10. Unicron

Apr 5, 2002
    I'm keeping this posted on the site, but every now and then I'll probably post it to the forums as well, just so everyone stays informed.

NEXT OFFICIAL MEETING

When: Saturday, June 8, 2002

Where: Cherokee Park (the big gazebo in the middle by the fountain)

Time: Around 5:00 PM or so

People Who Said They'd Be There (so far):
    * Unicron
    * DrkFathr
    * sabe-oola
    * JediKnightCox
    * Jedi9650
    * bossknopp
    * son_of_calrissian

That's a pretty good turnout so far, I would say.

For those of us who plan on seeing Episode II before the picnic, we can't get the showtimes on-line yet, so we'll have to decide the exact show we want so see later, probably the week of June 3 or so.

-John

11. jediknightcox

Mar 23, 2002
    My bad....it's there now...stupid computer..LOL

12. Ben_Quadrineros

Ben_Quadrineros Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2002
    I hope that I can make it there, but I might not actually get off work until 7:00 or so that day (the Oldham county high schools have their graduations that day, so the retail stores on the east end of town are feeling the pinch). Hopefully, the festivities will still be going on by the time I get out there!

13. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    I'm sure we will be! My wife has to work that day too and probably won't get there until about 6:00 or 6:30 anyways.

Geez, I hope it doesn't rain. (Knocking on wood to keep from jinxing it...)

14. Bunny

Bunny Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    Well, I was planning on coming and bringing lots of vegan foods and force you all to eat tofu, but I broke my toe really badly tonight and won't be able to make it. ::frown:: It sounds funny, but I'm wearing an air cast, am on crutches and have to see an othepediest next week. I'll definitly be at the next meeting though. :)

Bunny

15. Zam-the-Assasin

Zam-the-Assasin Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2002
    HEy glad to see another one if us veggie's in the group! ;)
    Ouch! Sorry to hear that you broke some bones ::[:D]::: hope that makes you feel a little better ;)

16. Bunny

Bunny Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    Aww!! Thanks Mel! Veggies! YAY!! I became a vegetarian when I was 18 and a vegan at 20. Oh! And I saw your picture on your eBay page (I'm not a stalker, I swear) and I love your Pac-Man dress! It reminds me of my Cabbage Patch Kids trousers and my Star Wars trousers! And your room is strangely like mine, although I had to take down my Amidala cutout because it's just so beat up. And I'm so glad to see that I'm not the only one who uses action figures as wall decorations ;)

Bunny

17. Stephen_R

Stephen_R Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2002
    Hey all,

Managed to be off in time for the meet. Don't know yet what I'll bring. I will need some directions how to get to the park. I don't get into Louisville much. Did anyone show up at T-town on Monday? If so how did it go?

18. Zam-the-Assasin

May 29, 2002
    ;) Thanks BUnny, seems like we have some stuff in common ....

Hey Stephen, we (Phil and I) went to T-town on MOnday, but there werent many people to pass out fliers to :( there were mostly parents with their kids (like 10 year olds) Im all about Star Wars people of all ages coming together, but you know what I mean...we ended up going to Books a MIllion and "strategically placing" the fliers inside some of the star wars Books and magazines hehe..hopefully that will help!

19. FarmboyKatarn

FarmboyKatarn Jedi Grand Master star 2

Feb 26, 2001
    Well, I thought I was gonna be able to go, but then my recital got moved to the 8th. So no meeting for me... :-(

20. CITIZEN_SKYWALKER

CITIZEN_SKYWALKER Jedi Youngling

Jan 31, 2002
    Hey all

I've managed to return. Been moving around a lot, I'll try to make it to the meeting. I don't get down to Cherokee Park a lot.

Is there going to be another shot at Tinseltown again? Because, I was going to see Sum of All Fears next week, but if there will be some fellow Force.Net folks there, I'll see AOTC again.

Bye for now

21. Unicron

Apr 5, 2002
    Can someone post good directions to Cherokee Park? A couple of folks have asked for this, I think. I thought Cherokee was the one across from Bellarmine, but my friend told me it's not, so I'm not even sure how to get there myself at this point!

-John

22. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    Yeah, that would be pretty bad if we all showed up at different parks! I'll try to put something together that everyone can hopefully use.

23. Zam-the-Assasin

May 29, 2002
    To get to cherokee park, you just follow eastern parkway all the way until it meets bardstown rd. keep following until it (eastern parkway) runs into cherokee parkway ,and follow the road until you get to the entrance of cherokee park (i dont believe there is a sign, but maybe there is , not sure) . Keep going up the hill until you see a GIANT gazebo like structure on the right with a little basketball court and bathrooms and junk, and there will be a small fountain with a cherub across from it. :) if that isn't helpful enough, let me know!

24. Unicron

Apr 5, 2002
    Bunny wrote:
    "And I'm so glad to see that I'm not the only one who uses action figures as wall decorations"

I do that, too. In all honesty, that's the only way I could think to display carded figures where you could still see them all and also keep the cards flat. There's a pic of mine from when I was first setting up my SW room at:

http://www.deceptitech.com/images/sw_room_01.jpg

I sorted mine based on film, and it's pretty amazing how many fewer figures there are from "The Empire Strikes Back" than the others...

-John

25. obi-wan-bartak

obi-wan-bartak Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2001
    I'll be there, im up for a movie too, just leave a message on my answering machine which theater and showing you all are going too , thanks obi-wan-bartak. Please keep me posted on monthly meetings too. My phone number is 241-0449. feel free to leave a message, thanks again obi-wan-bartak.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.