main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Official Meeting thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Unicron, May 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drk Father1

Drk Father1 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    I've got a simple little map from Yahoo showing the intersection of Bardstown rd and Eastern pkwy in relation to the park if anyone needs it. It should help everyone visualize Mel's directions.

Just let me know......

2. Unicron

Unicron Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2002
    I posted the map on the "Events" page at the website, which I did some re-designing on today with the goal of making it match more with the forum here at theForce.net. It's up there along with Mel's directions and the place, time, etc.

-John

3. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    Awesome, I love the look of the website!

4. bossknopp

bossknopp Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2002
    please put me down as a member.thanks.

5. jediknightcox

jediknightcox Jedi Youngling

Mar 23, 2002
    Just out of Curiosity...and maybe I overlooked it, but I noticed that they are giving a 30% chance of Thunderstorms for Saturday. Do we have some sort of back up place to meet in case it is raining around 5 pm? If not, does anyone have any ideas of where?

6. Unicron

Apr 5, 2002
    I was wondering the same thing. I've been hoping it won't be raining, but what do we do if it is? Suggestions for a rain procedure? :)

-John

7. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    Bring Umbrellas?
    :D

Umm. I don't know. Everyone would be welcome over at my place, but that doesn't really do any good for the folks that would be showing up later.

Trying to think of a restaurant near there where we could meet just in case......

8. Zam-the-Assasin

Zam-the-Assasin Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2002
    The gazebo at cherokee park I mentioned is HUGE...it even has grills underneath, so that would be perfect anyways, if it doesnt rain, for shade, and if it does, for shelter. Let me know what you guys think :)

9. tinkerwench

tinkerwench Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2002
    The gazebo IS huge and rain shouldn't be a problem.
    BTW - hubby is a computer graphic artist and I'll bet if you tackle him at the meeting - he can help with graphics for your site.

10. FarmboyKatarn

FarmboyKatarn Jedi Grand Master star 2

Feb 26, 2001
    Hey everybody,
    Turns out I CAN come to the picnic/meeting! My recital got moved to 10:00, so I'll be there, I'm bringing my mom. I think I'm going to bring a crock of baked beans.(They've got bacon and hamburger in them, so I doubt the veggies will want some ;-) oh well, all the more for us) Does that sound good to everybody?
    Anyway, how are we gonna recognize each other? A big sign that says LASE? or are we all gonna wear our SW clothes? Cause all I have is my Jedi costume, I guess I'll just wear my trademark green robe.

11. Zam-the-Assasin

May 29, 2002
    Yay!!! Glad you can make it! Looking forward to meeting everyone! ;) I can't wait!!! You won't be sorry, we are going to have so much fun, rain or shine! :D

12. Unicron

Apr 5, 2002
    I don't think we'll have a problem recognizing each other; the Force will guide you to your fellow SW geeks. :)

As for graphics for the website, believe me, if someone else wants to work on that it wouldn't make me cry! I'm no graphic artist; I tinker in PhotoShop some, but Phil actually made most of the art being used on the site right now. One of the things I wanted to get people's ideas/input/suggestions on at the meeting is exactly what we want to put on the site, and what URL we should get, that sort of stuff. So bring your creativity on Saturday, folks!

-John

13. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    I'll wear a Star Wars shirt like a good geek, at least until I get that Storm Commando costume made (in about fifty years!). I thought about making a Slave Leia costume, but It'll look alot better on Mel than it will on me.

Yummmmm. Baked Beans. Mmmmmmmmm.

I may bring some potato salad along with my other food, just so we can be sure all the Veggies have plenty of food!

Is anyone bringing charcoal and lighter fluid? What about paper plates and utensils?

14. Zam-the-Assasin

May 29, 2002
    Hey....Phil, I think that the Slave Leia would look great on you! If it makes you feel pretty, wear it with pride! ;)

Hey JOhn, I forgot to mention that the updated site looks GREAT! :D

I am going to bring some pasta salad...I will probably be too excited to eat, so I am contemplating bringing the Boca Burgers. I will bring the BUns if you guys want, or shall we all bring our own stuff as far as everything goes? (I.E. Buns, napkins, utensils, plates, etc.)What do you think? Also what about condiments?

15. jediknightcox

Mar 23, 2002
    I've got a small cooler I can bring and put ice in it so if anyone brings mustard or relish or stuff like that we can have something to store cold stuff in.

16. Unicron

Apr 5, 2002
    If you show up in a slave Leia bikini, Phil, then some of us might lose our appetites... :)

I'll bring paper plates, napkins, and plastic forks, knives, and spoons, and all that other crap. I can bring some charcoal and lighter fluid too, probably. I don't much like to cook so I'd rather volunteer to bring this type of stuff. Otherwise, I'd be stopping for a few pizzas or something on the way to Cherokee. :)

-John

17. Bunny

Bunny Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    QUOTE:
    :: As for graphics for the website, believe me, if someone else wants to work on that it wouldn't make me cry! I'm no graphic artist; I tinker in PhotoShop some, but Phil actually made most of the art being used on the site right now. :: END QUOTE:

Hey, I'll be happy to help with any website graphics/code/whatever is needed! I design webpages all the time and am really good with Paintshop Pro. Sadly, my PSP has died on me and refuses to start, but a friend of mine is supposed to be sending me a working copy. The layout at my diary is really simple even though it is advanced CSS. I can actually help with anything that's needed, you'll just have to let me know! Someone will have to post the er... minutes of the meeting so those of us not going to the meeting will be up to speed :D

Bunny

18. Zam-the-Assasin

May 29, 2002
    You know, I think I am only going to be able to afford the Pasta Salad :( (sniff sniff ) But I will bring LOTS of it. Sorry guys money is really tight right now, I feel kinda like a cheapskate :_|

19. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    Hey Zam, don't sweat it. Don't bring anything if you have too, we'll have plenty for everyone (even the Veggies)!

That goes for everyone else too!

20. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    Hey guys, my computer's messed up right now, I think I need a new modem, so if anybody needs to contact me over the weekend, call me at: 634-2863.

Thanks.

21. jediknightcox

Mar 23, 2002
    I think the picnic was a great success. Was wonderful to see everyone there with smiles on their faces and the Force on their mind. I know when I was leaving, there was a few questions as to when/where the next meeting will be. Anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking that maybe a day at Six Flags at KY Kingdom could be a thought, depending on everyone's financial standings. Trust me, I know how it can be sometime ;) Maybe even another meeting there at the park. Again, my best days to come are on Fridays and Saturdays.

22. bossknopp

bossknopp Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2002
    Im up for Kentucky Kingdom my family has passes so whenever but where could we set down as one big group to discuss s.w.?The picnic tables are usually reserved for businesses.About anything we do we can get group rates especially as our name gets out.

23. Darthcrawford02

Darthcrawford02 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2002
    I Wouldn't mind going to Kentucky Kingdom. I was thinking about maybe a trip trip to Springdale cinemas in Cincy one Saturday so I can see ATOC in digital before it is too late. What does everyone think?

24. Unicron

Apr 5, 2002
    I just wanted to say Saturday was pretty fun and it was nice to meet everyone & put some faces with the names from the forum here.

And also that I was PO'd at myself for missing that stupid "Set Course 271" question during the trivial pursuit game all weekend. :) I would have sworn it was "Set Course 101" but then when I got home I realized I was mixing it up with some "Terminator" stuff, as Arnold was a T-800, a "Cyberdyne Systems Model 101."

I don't care where the second meeting is. I'd personally like to take the Cincy trip before AotC leaves Springdale, but of course I'll be there no matter where the meeting's at, so whatever everyone else agrees on works fine for me.

-John

25. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Glad to hear you guys had a good time. How many people did you get to come out? All this BBQ food talk is making me hungry. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.