***OFFICIAL*** Milwookiee Book Club Thread

Discussion in 'Milwaukee, WI' started by Jedi_Bane, Aug 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Luinel_Kun Jedi Master

star 3
    Exatacly what time should I arrive?
  2. Darth_Luinel_Kun Jedi Master

star 3
    I have just learned that I will be in Virginia, leaving July 16. I might be able to stop by, but don't count on it.
  3. BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Click here. Scroll down to "7 - The Call" and click on the video option link of your choice. You will quickly see why Peter Jackson is losing weight and going grey.
  4. Darth_Luinel_Kun Jedi Master

star 3
  5. CaptMereel Jedi Knight

star 3
    Just a reminder:

NEXT BOOK CLUB MEETING
    When: Saturday, July 16 at 1PM
    Where: Leslie's Place
    What: Continue to read The Bacta War outloud (one chapter per person) as well as any fan fic you've written (no particular subject matter this time) and discussing our costumes etc with guests Nancy and Julie.

I'm also a newly approved member of the 501st, Midwest Garrison, with my Viqi Shesh costume. Go here: " target="_blank">501st then click on Members then Denizens of the Empire and I'm DZ1463. They really should have a category for non-alien villains but, well, how can one complain when you're in the same category as Prince Xizor, right? You can click on it for an enlarged image plus there's a close-up shot of me as well.

Anyways, see you all on the 16th!
  6. marajoan Jedi Knight

star 3
    That is really cool, Leslie.
  7. CaptMereel Jedi Knight

star 3
    Just another reminder for this coming Saturday's meeting...

NEXT BOOK CLUB MEETING
    When: Saturday, July 16 at 1PM
    Where: Leslie's Place
    What: Reading more of The Bacta War, any fan fic you've written and talking about costuming etc with Nancy and Julie

So bring your costumes as well!!

For Nancy and Julie, we usually have a small spread of food ranging from cheese, sausage and crackers to munchies, veggies and dip, cookies etc. There's always Nectar of the Gods (Diet Coke) and water available. If you want to bring something for the spread or your preferred beverage, please do so.

See you soon!
  8. JediRacer8 Jedi Master

star 2
    Are we having a fashion show? :)
  9. marajoan Jedi Knight

star 3
    I wouldn't mind that since I haven't seen any of the costumes? Say, what happened to Eric? Were there any pictures of him or what?
  10. CaptMereel Jedi Knight

star 3
    A fashion show? I suggest we leave it up to each of us how we want to show our costumes to the group, ie model it or just on its hanger or pulled out of its storage box (particularly those of us who have more than one costume).

Joan, if you're asking about Eric's Palpatine costume - it's not started yet. In fact, he just mentioned to me that he wants to start looking for the fabric.

See everyone Saturday and bring your cameras in case there is a fashion show!

BTW, Sunday is my b-day so I'll have a small birthday cake as well. And, yes, Beret, it will be chocolate! :)

11. jedisister Jedi Master

star 3
    Chocolate so rules!! :) Looking forward to it!! I won't be able to stay real long, but I will be there!!
  12. SWCostumer Jedi Knight

star 2
    I guess I will see how many of my various costumes I can bring. Don't know about wearing them though, as the Elizabethan's take about 1/2 an hour to get into.
  13. CaptMereel Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yup, chocolate is always good! Glad you'll be coming, Tracey, even if you can't stay too long!

Nancy, bring as many as you can as easily as you can. I have a closet full of both historical and sci-fi costumes (ranging from Roman attire inspired by the beautiful costumes in Gladiator to my Star Wars costumes and Arwen's grey riding outfit from FOTR). And I'm currently working on Jet Girl from the movie version of the comic book Tank Girl and have just decided to recreate the 58th Squadron's uniform from Space: Above & Beyond (if I can find all those patches!!! Sheesh!).

Should be a fun day!!! :) Who knows...we may not even get to reading anything this time!

14. BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Happy birthday, Leslie.

Happy chocolate day, everybody else. :p
  15. JediRacer8 Jedi Master

star 2
    I'll get to the Army surplus store before Saturday and check into those goggles for you Leslie.
  16. CaptMereel Jedi Knight

star 3
    Thanks, Tom! And thanks, S&S, for checking on those goggles for me!

I found a black flight suit online for the Jet Girl costume and found 5 of the 8 patches for the 58th Squadron on eBay (waiting to hear from the seller if he'll give me a deal on all 5 rather than bidding on each individually).

Anyways, Saturday is looking like it's going to be lots of fun! Hmmm...maybe I should get some film for my (old-fashioned) camera. ;)

17. jedisister Jedi Master

star 3
    I just found out, I'll be able to stay till about 5:30. So a bit longer than I thought! Yeah!
  18. LauedGiind Jedi Knight

star 2
    I will be making my appearance around 2 pm. And I will bring my unfinished Padme costume with me.
  19. LauedGiind Jedi Knight

star 2
    Sorry guys. I am going to have to miss out today. I am feeling a little blue over job-related issues and I need to focus on myself for most of the day. I really wanted to go but I mentally cannot handle it today.
  20. SWCostumer Jedi Knight

star 2
    Had a really good time seeing others costumes; they were all great.
  21. CaptMereel Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hi all,
    I think we all had a great time looking at each other's costumes (both SW and non-SW). Nancy, your beadwork is fantastic!!! Unfortunately we didn't get to The Bacta War or fan fic but that will be next time (I have an idea for an amusing fan fic so hope I find the time to write it). Though I am embarassed to say that, after most people left, some of us learned why Smurfs are blue (thank you, Bob!). * groan *

Okay, how does August 27 sound for the next meeting? Let me know.

22. jedisister Jedi Master

star 3
    I won't be able to make it. Ja and I will be returning from a canoeing trip in the boundry waters that day. But of course, if it works for everyone else, I'll just have to try to make it to the next meeting.
  23. marajoan Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm pretty sure that I can make it.
  24. LauedGiind Jedi Knight

star 2
    Happy belated birthday Leslie!

Since my brother's wedding is August 13th, I believe I can make that it on the 27th.
  25. CaptMereel Jedi Knight

star 3
    Thanks, Laura.

Still waiting to hear from a few others if the 27th is good but it looks like that will be the next meeting date.

Also, for those of you who are Bruce Campbell fans like me, he's going to be in town Thursday July 28. Harry W Schwartz Bookshops and the Oriential Theater are hosting his promotional visit for his new book Making Love - the Bruce Campbell Way and his new movie Man With the Screaming Brain . Numbered tickets for the book signing will be given out starting at 5PM and at 6PM the autographing starts after he talks about the book and movie. Tickets to see the movie are $12 at the Oriental's box office and the screening starts at 10PM. I am planning to be there!!! Oh yeah!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.