***OFFICIAL*** Milwookiee Book Club Thread

Discussion in 'Milwaukee, WI' started by Jedi_Bane, Aug 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackadder1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey, I had a great time last week. I've put the next one on my calendar and alloted 4 hours for this one. Why did I think that 1 hour would be sufficient for a book club meeting?
  2. marajoan Jedi Knight

star 3
    I think that the book Sara is referring is the next one in that nest series by Troy Denning. Am I correct? I still can't sit down and finish the last one. It is on the creepy side. I will have to knuckle down for filmcon. By the way, I don't read comics except for the Mara Jade ones and some of the Rogue Squadron.
  3. JediRacer8 Jedi Master

star 2
    The Unseen Queen is the book after The Joiner King, taking place one year after. That makes it six years post-NJO. Due to lack of time I haven't picked it up since Thursday, but will hopefully finish it today.

Does anyone happen to have the third book of the Dark Forces series? I haven't managed to find a copy secondhand and it isn't anything I have ever Ebayed. It might be helpful if I read that before Filmcon, but I'm not sure that series would even come up since it was pretty rare.

As for comics, the only prequel-era stuff I have is Obsession, some of the Republic comics, and some Clone Wars exclusives from Free Comic Book day.. The others I own are Dark Empire, Dark Empire II, Mara Jade: By the Emperor's Hand, Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith, Bounty Hunters: Aurra Sing, Tales of the Jedi: Fall of the Sith Empire, Shadows of the Empire, Jedi Academy: Leviathan, Union, Star Wars Tales #1, and A Valentine Story (Han and Leia). The big one I know I have not read is Crimson Empire. Does anyone have a copy they wouldn't mind lending me?
  4. Blackadder1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I have to work on the 16th until 3pm in Kenosha but I'll be at the meeting, only really late. Perhaps I'll just call to make sure you didn't adjourn early (but based on last time this seems unlikely).
  5. CaptMereel Jedi Knight

star 3
    Bumpity bump bump...

NEXT BOOK CLUB/COSTUMING MEETING
    When: This Sunday, October 16 at 1PM
    Where: The usual...Leslie's
    What: If we ever get around to it, reading The Bacta War outloud. And discuss what some of us will be doing for the panels at FilmCon and whatever else comes up.

I am quite sure we will be going until 7PM as normal.

6. anakinpepe Jedi Knight

star 1
    hi
    my friends from Milwaukee, i am from chile
    and i want invited you visited this page.is the first fanfilm in chile and you can see very soon.

Edit: spamming on the boards is against the TOS
  7. CaptMereel Jedi Knight

star 3
    We all had a great time yesterday. I showed off my copy of the regular, non-limited edition of Dressing the Galaxy and Sara brought her new and bright green Luke lightsaber! A couple of new people came to the meeting (Jeff is a stormtrooper in the 501st and his wife Michelle will soon have a Beret creation in the form of Princess Leia's Endor commando outfit). And we have promised Jeff that he will be shown the Holiday Special at the next meeting since he's never seen it -with warnings that he will be scarred for life!

We will not be meeting in November due to FilmCon and some of us going to the John Williams concert on the Saturday after Thanksgiving but will resume in December. Several of us want to move the meetings back to Saturdays so I am looking at either December 3 or 10. Let me know which date would work best for you.

8. JediRacer8 Jedi Master

star 2
    December 3 would be out for us due to my work Christmas party, but if that works for everyone else then go for it. Trust me, I would much rather be a book club than that party.
  9. bluesaber Jedi Knight

star 1
    Saturdays work the best for me. Looking at my very empty december calender, either week would work. I would probably have to be a little late because there is probably a basketball game for the school I coach for, but that's ok.
  10. CaptMereel Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm thinking Saturday, December 10, will be best. If I don't hear otherwise by this coming weekend from people like Beret, Jeff and Michelle, than that will be the date.
  11. LauedGiind Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey guys!

Sorry that I missed the last meeting. It has been hectic for me over here since I decided to return to college again. Jamin's been playing his computer games so I never really have a chance to use the computer.

In case some of you didn't know, I am going to college at Mount Mary to be an interior designer. I am actually double majoring in Interior Design and English. Currently, I am reading lots and lots of Shakespeare, taking drawing and art history classes, and learning about the types of careers that I could have as an interior designer. 16 credits and I have been busy.

I also am working part time at David's Bridal where I get to fashion people in beautiful dresses. My knowledge of sewing and dying fabrics has come into much needed use to this job. Thanks Beret!!! :D Just when I thought I was done dying fabrics, this came along. I really love it and I am happy with it. The sad thing is that most of my weekends during the daytime will be sucked away with this job. However, I am sure that I can take off during December since it is the slowest point in the year.

Since my life is crazy, I would have to say anytime after December 14th would work out for me since I have my finals before this time. I want to see you people!!! (and also the new faces that I have not met yet)
  12. Blackadder1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Okay, so I wasn't there like I said I would be. Sorry about that. I'm a dork!

December 3 or 10 - either is fine. I won't have my schedule until mid November so it won't matter which date you choose. Maybe I can get someone to change days with me if I'm scheduled to work on Saturdays though.

I've seen and own that Holiday Special. Very scary indeed. Embarrassing to watch too. I can bring George Lucas in Love too if you like even though it isn't a holiday show.
  13. Darth_Luinel_Kun Jedi Master

star 3
    Remember me? I've been gone for such a long time, I have read about the first 3 X-wing books just starting the Bacta War. I have read the first 4 New Jedi Order books and many other Star Wars novels. By the way what book are you reading now?
  14. marajoan Jedi Knight

star 3
    I am reading the second book in the Dark Nest trilogy by Troy Denning.
  15. spideymj Jedi Knight

star 3
    I just finished the first one yesterday and I picked up the second one today. So far it seems to be a really good series.
  16. CaptMereel Jedi Knight

star 3
    I plan to start reading the first Dark Nest book this week. I am re-reading Wraith Squadron to brush up on that for the FilmCon panel I'm on.

Okay, the date is set for the next meeting!

NEXT BOOK/COSTUME/SOCIAL MEETING
    When: Saturday, December 10, 1PM
    Where: Leslie's Place
    What: A couple of holiday-related items: Jeff and Michelle are going to bring the classic MST3K Santa Claus Conquers the Martians and I will be showing the SW Holiday Special (and take away all sharp objects from everyone!). And talk about FilmCon and, of course, ROTS since we should all have our DVD by then. Would we want to write another short story about a Star Wars holiday like we did last year?

Hey, yeah, bring George Lucas in Love and, if we have time after SCCTM and the SWHS etc, we can watch it. I've not seen it yet so...

Anyways, see some of you at FilmCon!!!

17. Darth_Luinel_Kun Jedi Master

star 3
    Has any one here heard about the rumors of a episod 7,8 and 9? Because someone said that George Lucas was making them in 2014.
  18. marajoan Jedi Knight

star 3
    That is pretty far off and I don't think the fellow has it in him.
  19. CaptMereel Jedi Knight

star 3
    Rumors have been floating around for years about Episodes 7,8 and 9 and Lucas has said he will not make them.
  20. Darth_Luinel_Kun Jedi Master

star 3
    Lucas is now in it only for the money.
  21. marajoan Jedi Knight

star 3
    Has anyone read "The Unseen Queen"? I can't believe what they just did with Jacen. This does not happen in the Star Wars universe.
  22. spideymj Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey Mara, I finished Unseen Queen last week and was totally freaked out by chapter 4 and what Jason did to Ben. He is so totally turning/turned to the dark side. I don't know why I was caught so off guard by it...everyone else I talked to said they saw it comming back in NJO Traitor. Personally I am looking forward to the confrontation between Luke and Jason (kind of like the confrontation between Obi and Ani????).
  23. marajoan Jedi Knight

star 3
    I am sure that Leia, Mara and Tenel Ka, not to mention Jaina are going to have quite a bit to say about this. It should be interesting.
  24. jedisister Jedi Master

star 3
    Sheesh!! Sounds good and interesting!! I best get to a bookstore and get reading since I haven't bought or read either of the new books yet!!
  25. CaptMereel Jedi Knight

star 3
    Reminder...

NEXT MEETING
    When: Saturday, December 10, 1PM
    Where: Leslie's place
    What: A wide variety of stuff to keep us amused!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.