***OFFICIAL*** Milwookiee Book Club Thread

Discussion in 'Milwaukee, WI' started by Jedi_Bane, Aug 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaptMereel Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey all,
    Lasagna sounds wonderful! And Shawn can do it however he wants, ie bake it totally at my place or bake it at home and reheat at my place. Lesley, I will be sending out an email this weekend so we can get a list of what everyone would like to bring next Saturday. However, a quick list of what we might want is (besides Shawn's lasagna): garlic bread, salad, spaghetti, an Italian dessert (like spumoni ice cream or one of their fantastic cakes etc), antipasto...

Laura, wow, you can really make it finally?!?!? It will be good to see you again...

REMINDER
    When: Saturday, April 22 at 1PM
    Where: My Place
    What: See previous notice

2. Blackadder1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey, I won't be able to make it after all, which sucks because I really like italian. Husband and I are going to try out new camping gear for our anniversary. He made plans to surprise me then noticed I had the Book Club on my calendar.

Hopefully, I can make the next one. We'll be having traditional Klingon dishes then, right?
  3. CaptMereel Jedi Knight

star 3
    NEXT BOOK CLUB/SOCIAL MEETING
    When: Saturday, May 27 at 1PM
    Where: Same place as usual, meaning my place
    What: Whatever we want to talk about but we do want to get back into fan fiction, prose or poetry, so if you have time to write something please do so and be prepared to read it to the group. Or, since we have some new people, we can always revisit some of our past fan fics.

Of course, some of us will probably have seen The DaVinci Code by then so we'll compare it to the book and probably rant about how bad Tom Hanks looks with that long skanky hair.

I'm reading The Templar Legacy right now in case any one is interested in talking about that as well...

And, once that is done, I will finally start Outbound Project to get back into Star Wars.

4. Blackadder1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I like the new name - Book Club and Social Meeting.
  5. CaptMereel Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well, the new name fits since we tend to talk about more things than just the Star Wars books or even Star Wars in general. Besides, most of the books (starting with quite a few of the NJO) aren't all that great (a few good ones sprinkled in here and there but, generally, poor reading).

We're going to go on a summer hiatus since everyone is usually so busy from June-August/September (and I will be in Southern France for 3 weeks in September) so we'll start up the regular monthly meetings in October again. Though this doesn't mean we won't get together for something sometime during the summer (see the thread on my Dr Who Season Finale Viewing Party on June 9).

6. Bishop76 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well, it's looking bad for me making the Dr. Who finale thing. The guy I work with who covers Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays is off this week so that leave my boss covering those days and he doesn't want to do Saturday so I get to pick up the slack. If I get off early enough, I'll swing out, but like I said - it's about a 10% chance at best. I'm probably looking at working until at least 9.

Thanks a lot for the invite, though.
  7. CaptMereel Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well, we'll consider you there in spirit tonight as we watch the finale if you can't make it.

8. CaptMereel Jedi Knight

star 3
    Just so everyone knows, my modem got fried during the storm last Wednesday so I am without internet access at home. Luckily the whimsey of such things only killed the modem and not the whole PC (I believe the surge came through the phone line only).

Anyways, I have permission to check my home email and use the internet for personal things at work for now. I have to seriously decide what to do about home - get another modem and continue to suffer dinosaur dial-up or bite the bullet and get Roadrunner. I have to do some budgeting to see if I can afford the high cost of Roadrunner so it may be a month or more before I do anything.

However, in the meantime, you can still reach me here or at my home address but I may not answer quickly and certainly not on weekends.

Next meeting? Not sure yet. August is very busy for lots of us (WizardWorld, GenCon, Stargate Convention, CONspiracy) and then in September I will be in Southern France (yes, again, thanks to my mother) for 3 weeks. So it might have to wait until October.

9. Blackadder1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Have a great time in France!

October sounds good to me. I'm not going to Wizard World since no one can work for me but I will definitely be at FilmCon. I also don't have to work so many weekends now so attending events with friends will be easier.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.