main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***OFFICIAL*** Milwookiee Book Club Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by Jedi_Bane, Aug 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    I was just on the phone with Eric and he said that a couple of publishers (Ballantine and another one... can't remember) are sending him a buttload of books for FilmCon, some which haven't even been released yet!

Thought you guys would like to know. :)

2. jedisister

jedisister Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 2001
    Star Wars books that haven't been released? or other books?

3. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    Eric didn't say, but I assume they will be Star Wars books.

4. jedisister

Dec 1, 2001
    That would be cool!!
    Speaking of yet to be published books, the just recently released NJO is pretty good so far, I think. Reminder, Oct. 26(I think), my place, round bout 2ish, for a NJO session on either or, or both Traitor and Destiny's Way.
    We will be all moved in by the 19th, hopefully, most done before then, so I'll be set to host a book club meet. Anyone interested in coming, please PM me for directions.(Again, it will be pretty easy to find, although not as spacious).

5. jedisister

Dec 1, 2001
    Edit on time for the 26th, It will have to be 3, hope all interested can still come. PM me for directions and interest.

6. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    Did anyone ever find a link for the stupid Fan Fic?

7. CaptMereel

CaptMereel Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2002
    What I did for the fanfic "Namesake" was go to Tfn's site, clicked fan fiction under multimedia (I think) and did a search by title. I found it right away and printed it out. I will double check and repost a message if I am wrong on how I did this.

Edit: Okay, it's not under Multimedia but Entertainment, then Fan Fiction Archive. You will need to be logged in to access the archive. Once logged in, do a search by the author Mcily Nochi or search by Archive Date which is February 2002. Good luck!

8. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    Now that I've put myself through the headache of registering an account just to use a search feature that doesn't really work, I've finally found a link:

9. jedisister

Dec 1, 2001
    Thanks Tom, I actually have never been logged in to access the fan fic. I just click on fanfic under the entertainment section on the main page and then scan through the archives. It always says "you are not logged in", but that's never affected me. And yea, the search engine there sucks. I can't tell you how long it took me to find the name of the story in the first place!! But I did. A jedi is patient. ;)

10. CaptMereel

Apr 11, 2002
    Hmm..whenever I tried accessing an archived piece of fiction and wasn't logged in, it would tell me I wasn't logged in! Stupid thing!

11. bwing53

bwing53 Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2002
    Hey guys--

Not sure if I posted this before or not, but I have a copy of "Traitor" that I'll donate to whoever wants it. PM me if you're interested.

Jason

12. jedisister

Dec 1, 2001
    Weird, I put a post here earlier today but it didn't post :confused:

Anyway, I'll have to postpone the NJO meet at my place, we still have alot in boxes, missing a certain piece of furniture that I need in order to unpack those boxes and we're not getting that piece until Fri. Kinda sucks. Actually moving sucks. Oh well. Those interested in the NJO meet, there will be one and soon, just not this Sat. Sorry!! :(

13. CaptMereel

Apr 11, 2002
    BUMP! :)

Remember, next regular Book Club meeting is on November 23rd, 1PM, at my place. We are reading Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter and the fan fic "Namesake."

See you in just about a month!

When I have a little money, I buy books; and if any is left, I buy food and clothes. Erasmus

14. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    Gotcha Leslie. I should start reading Shadowhunter soon, huh?

15. CaptMereel

Apr 11, 2002
    Good idea to start reading Shadow Hunter if you haven't already...I'm a fast reader so I've finished it already. I also finished Namesake in one sitting.

I am now reading Star by Star.

When I have a little money, I buy books; and if any is left, I buy food and clothes. Erasmus

16. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    Leslie, I am a fast reader and I have read the book previously so it won't be a problem. Thanks for welcoming us again.

17. CaptMereel

Apr 11, 2002
    I, too, had read Shadow Hunter previously but have now highlighted a few interesting little tidbits in it that I think some of you will be get a kick out it...one item of which will please anyone who is an Edgar Rice Burroughs fan (his Mars series - not his Tarzan books). Also, THX1138 is placed, like an Easter egg, in the novel as well.

Read on, people!

18. Com_Link_Jammin

Com_Link_Jammin Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2002
    Anyone looking for a bargain check out Barnes and Noble on 76th st. I found the Star Wars - NJO -Balance Point in hardcover for only $5.00. They have three more. They are located across from the audio tapes and on the end of an aisle. Oh ya, it's not the Barnes & Noble in the mall but further north on 76th st.

19. jedisister

Dec 1, 2001
    Errr...Ugh!! Hmmmppp...UP BOARD! UP!!
    (Bump :) )

20. CaptMereel

Apr 11, 2002
    BUMP! :)

2ND BOOK CLUB MEETING

When: Saturday November 23 at 1PM
    Where: CaptMereel's Quarters
    What: Darth Maul Shadow Hunter and the fan
    fiction Namesake

It's only 2 weeks away so hope you're reading these so we can talk and talk about both - and other things!

21. LauedGiind

LauedGiind Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    BUMP

Just want to tell anyone who reads this and has never attended a meeting that you are more welcome to come. :)

22. jedisister

Dec 1, 2001
  23. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    Finally, a posting on the book thread and I find out it is just a bump. Bummer!!!!!! or should I say Bumper!!!!!!!!!!!

24. CaptMereel

Apr 11, 2002
    SECOND BOOK CLUB MEETING
    When: Saturday November 23 1PM
    Where: CaptMereel's Quarters
    What: Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter and the
    fan fiction Namesake

PM me for directions. Also, who is bringing what for munchies?

Be there or be square.

25. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    What would you like? Whether I work alot this week determines if I make something or just pick it up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.