main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***OFFICIAL*** Milwookiee Book Club Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by Jedi_Bane, Aug 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaptMereel

CaptMereel Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2002
    I know Cathy is bringing veggies and dip, maybe cheese and crackers. How about a bag or two of munchies? I plan on having stuff to drink, like soda, juice etc. and whatever else I think we might need...although last time, we had more than enough!

2. jedisister

jedisister Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 2001
    I'll bring something, not sure what though. I'll figure something out!

3. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    Okie dokey, Kermie.

4. CaptMereel

Apr 11, 2002
    Bump!

Looking forward to seeing all of you on Saturday!

5. CaptMereel

Apr 11, 2002
    Bump Again!

SECOND BOOK CLUB MEETING
    When: Saturday November 23 1PM
    Where: CaptMereel's Quarters
    What: Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter and
    the fan fiction Namesake

Come to discuss the above or to talk about just anything and everything! Everyone is welcome! I'll guarantee you'll have fun! :)

When I have a little money, I buy books; and if any is left, I buy food and clothes. Erasmus

6. tello999

tello999 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2002
    Hi everyone. I'm curious to know what everyone's favorite Star Wars book / series is. After FilmCon, I've heard alot of different answers, and just want to know what you all think?

I'll start this one out.

My favorite series: Original Timothy Zahn Trilogy (Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising, The Last Command).

My favorite one-shot: Approaching Storm (my reason is simple on this one - I am a huge fan of Jedi Master Luminara Unduli).

7. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    I would have said the Zahn books originally but now am addicted to the X-wing series.

8. jedisister

Dec 1, 2001
    Well, I like the NJO series, but I guess my fave would also be the Zahn tril.

9. jedisister

Dec 1, 2001
    Well, I hope everyone had a good time at the meeting. Wish I could have stayed longer, but besides having a specific time set on me by both of my sitters(mom and mom in law for each kid, complicated)we also had a party to go to. Busy day!! Anyway, next meeting is at my little humble abode on Sat., Jan 18. Shall we say 1 p.m. again?
    PM me for specific directions and address.

Good to see you all again, had lots of fun!

10. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    Yes, it was nice seeing you all again. Some of you twice in one week. Thanks again to Leslie for hosting. I really appreciate you giving me a place to hide from my kids. They were really getting to me this week.

11. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    Attention Book Club Members!!!!!!!!!!
    The name of the fanfiction for our January meeting is called Mirror Manifest.

12. CaptMereel

Apr 11, 2002
    Glad everyone could make it to the 2nd Book Club meeting...I had a great time and, once again, we talked about more than just SW and the books!

To answer the question above, my favorite series is also the Zahn trilogy because it introduced my favorite book villian - Grand Admiral Thrawn! My next favorite series is the Wraith Squadron books (although you could consider them part of the X-Wing series). Now, how about something a little non-SW? What is your favorite sci-fi non-SW series? I love the Honor Harrington books by David Weber!!!

As Tracey says above, the next meeting is at her house. Here's the scoop:

THIRD BOOK CLUB MEETING
    When: Saturday January 18, 2003 1PM
    Where: Tracey's new abode
    What: Book: Cloak of Deception
    Fan Fiction: Mirror Manifest

Granted it's 2 months off but don't forget to PM Tracey for directions to her place etc.

PS Thank you, Tracey, for the posters! I am already looking into frames for that monstrous one of we-know-who!

PPS Matt, it was nice meeting your son. I hope he had a good time going through all of my SW Insiders.

When I have a little money, I buy books; and if any is left, I buy food and clothes. Erasmus

13. jedisister

Dec 1, 2001
    Right. I moved, so new place. PM me for directions when it gets closer to the date. :)

14. Com_Link_Jammin

Com_Link_Jammin Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2002
    My son had a great time at the last Book Club Meeting. Thanks again Leslie. He was very excited with the Fett museum. I could have talked Star Wars all night. It was great seeing the regulars again. Afterwards we went to Alladin's Castle game room on 76th. I thought it would give Chase a chance to burn off some energy.

15. CaptMereel

Apr 11, 2002
    Glad Chase enjoyed his day with the adults and looking at the Fett collection! You can bring him along anytime to my place!

See everyone on January 18 at Tracey's this time....

16. jedisister

Dec 1, 2001
    He is also welcome here, although, he'd probably be pretty bored. We have toys but mostly girl toys and not such a grand collection like Leslie has. I also only have a couple of the SW Insider mags. and those are only the new ones anyway. But, all are welcome.

17. CaptMereel

Apr 11, 2002
    Bump...

Gotta keep this thread where people can see it! :)

18. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    I don't mean to be a jerk... But if the thread is still on the first page of the forum, then there's really no need to keep bumping it.

19. CaptMereel

Apr 11, 2002
    Well, I believe in keeping an important thread in the upper half of the first page...I personally don't go scrolling down very far because, quite frankly, I don't have time to do that and look at every thread. I look at only those that have titles that interest me. Honest...but true.

20. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    Me too. It is sad but true.

21. CaptMereel

Apr 11, 2002
    Just thought I would let the BC members know that, next time the meeting is at my place, you will meet Osiris's new companion. I adopted him last Friday and I named him Ramses. He is 1-1/2 years old, has pale green eyes and dark grey long hair. What a love! He and Osiris will be personally introduced later this week (right now they've only glimpsed each other under a bedroom door and neither has hissed or growled yet so it might be a smooth introduction).

Ramses is a Christmas present for Osiris as well as an attempt to keep my sanity! Since Orion's death in early October, Osiris has been very active all night with the "let's keep Leslie awake" routine and, quite truthfully, I haven't gotten a full nights sleep in 2 months and I don't have the heart to shut the bedroom door.

:)

22. jedisister

Dec 1, 2001
    Congrats Leslie!! I hope all goes well with the cats meeting and getting together and giving you some peace!! :)

23. CaptMereel

Apr 11, 2002
    Thanks from one cat person to another!

24. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    I can finally relate. I am so glad that I took two of the kittens because one would have been lost without the other. When one of them is separated by a door, the other goes nuts trying to get you to let them out. This has happened when I shut the door to the steps or the basement, not knowing one of them has slipped by. I hope nothing happens to either of them because the other would be going nuts for attention. They are making their trip to the vet (for the unspeakable surgery) at the same time so they won't miss each other. Wish them luck next week.

25. jedisister

Dec 1, 2001
    Aaugh! Poor Tahiri and Zekk!! Good luck babies!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.