main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***OFFICIAL*** Milwookiee Lounge, a social thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by BYOB_Kenobi, Jun 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    Heyo, boyos!

I thought we might have some fun with a social thread here. So feel freel to shoot the poodoo with your fellow Milwookiees and the occasional Outlander who may wander through.

And if you get a bit peckish, just mosey up to the Admiral Snackbar and help yourself to some pallies or blue milkshakes.

That is all. Carry on.

sincerely yours,
    The Management

Closed...see last page

2. Idaara

Idaara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Admiral Snackbar. *laughs* Nice touch. :)

3. jedihexer

jedihexer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2002
    I'm a hot looking Toydarian looking for some action!

You know...a lounge lizard!

sorry I could not resist!!!!!!

4. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    *lures Ackbar close to a giant vat of tartar sauce.* No sir, it's bacta, uh, extra strength.

Dwayne

5. Red_Jedi_Knight

Red_Jedi_Knight Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    be nice to fishy boy!! he never hurt anybody!!

*hops on the bar*
    i wonder if padme ever thought of singing "the hills are alive with the sound of JEDI" as she was running up that hill....

would have been a great outtake.... heheheh
    but hayden is no christian and i doubt he can sing like that.....(refrence to moulin rouge)

6. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    *peels label from bottle of bud*

How come you get to sit on the bar?

7. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    Sorry, Dan but her legs are much better. I've seen yours and, no offense, but they just don't cut it. I can't talk, the bar would probably not be the same if I jumped on it.

8. Darth_Lee

Darth_Lee Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2002
    *wanders around offering to sell death sticks*

9. Idaara

Apr 29, 2002
    Off to one corner is a piano player. On closer inspection, it is Bill Murry, and while he is playing the Star Wars theme, he is making up his own lyrics.

10. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    I gotta tell all y'all about this crazy crap that went down last night.

I woke up at about 1-1:30 AM to this incessant pounding coming from an adjacent apartment. After a while, I noticed there was screaming along with the pounding. I listened for a few minutes trying to figure out what was going on, and it sounded like someone was screaming for help. It was totally freaking me out. I mean it was f'n blood-curdling.

So I got up and called 911. They sent a squad over to check it out. I tried to go back to bed and just wait for the screaming and pounding to stop, but it didn't. There was no way I could sleep through that, or sleep knowing I might have done something more to help. I decided to get some clothes on and go make sure the cops got to the right room, and then I went back inside. I heard what sounded like a door being broken down. A few minutes later, two more cops went into the building.

About 10 or 15 minutes went by and there was a ring at my door. The first cop who I'd guided toward the disturbance wanted to get my name, address, and phone numbers. He said that what happened was the guy who lived in that apartment had come home from work around midnight, went to take a shower, and when he went to leave his bathroom the doorknob fell off from the inside. The guy completely flipped out. He had been stuck in there for over an hour and was pounding on the walls so hard that it knocked out the electricity to the bathroom.

The cop said that the guy was so happy that I called the cops out that he wanted to "buy me a bottle of booze." ?[face_plain] Whatever.

Anyway, it's the blood-curdling screams that really made my evening. [face_plain]

11. jedi_kiss_rock_

jedi_kiss_rock_ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2002
    nice story, do we have a steven king on our hands?

tee hee

do you want some death sticks?( i had to)

jedi kiss rock

12. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    I swear I'm not making any of that up.

And you don't want to sell me death sticks, CG or otherwise.

13. SoloYT1300

SoloYT1300 Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2002
    HEY BYOB,
    YOU NEVER DID SAY WHAT KINDA OF LIQUOR YOU WANTED...OH WELL.
    GOT THE DOOR FIXED THIS MORNING, POWER IS STILL OUT IN THE BATHROOM THOUGH. :(
    GOING TO BE INSTALLING A PHONE IN THE BATHROOM REALLY SOON, SORRY FOR KEEPING YOU UP!

14. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    Enough with the screaming already!

15. BFW

BFW Jedi Youngling

Apr 15, 2002
    HOW DARE YOU!? I SUFFER FROM VOICE IMMODULATION!! I AM TRYING TO WHISPER RIGHT NOW!!!

16. bwing53

bwing53 Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2002
    If only MacGyver would have been in the bathroom with him. . .

17. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Or the A-Team.

Jeff

18. Red_Jedi_Knight

Red_Jedi_Knight Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    yeah last day of exams then i can get toasted!! to bad i don't tan at all!!
    again i wear my cloak and tunic to school and as for my legs..... welll all i can say is some got it some don't
    *floats herself an alderaanian ale*
    mom won't let me go see ep 2 again today i have to go straight home after exams it's nice cause then i can try and get my room in order.... clothing all over and figures buried under that. i need more shelves....

*red
    (member of the kessel run, cantine over at yahoo....GROUPS *beats yahoo with plastic lightsaber* sith on the groups)

19. SySnootles

SySnootles Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    Tom, your story reminded me of a similar tale from my past.

I was at UW-Madison living in Chadbourne Hall. It was just a few weeks into the first semister of my freshman year. What had begun as an idyllic, serene, immensely pleasant inaugration into "adult" life was suddenly tainted by a horrifying sound eminating from the dorm room to the immediate left of my own. Every morning and every evening, a very rhythmic "squeak squeak squeak" came very clearly through the paper-thin walls of Chad Hall. Disgusted, I increased the volume of the television when I was able, or left my room lest my prudish ears hear something more animalistic.

Time went on and I eventually emerged from my self-induced social coma. I began chatting with a few of my dormmates and met one of my seemingly insatiable neighbors. Day by day we got to know eachother. Eventually we were comfortable enough to invite the other into our rooms. I was a bit apprehensive to enter the "love shack," but I kept a stiff upper lip and accepted the invitation. Imagine my relief when I spotted a small one person exercise trampoline off to the corner in the room. "They're not sluts, they're very fitness conscious!" I immediately thought to myself. Apparently the look of surprise on my face was much more obvious than I had thought and I had to explain myself to my new friend. She thought it was very funny. She wasn't insulted at all. We're still good friends. Thank goodness she has a sense of humor.

I just thought I'd share my noisy neighbor story.

Catie

20. Zordok

Zordok Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2002
    The people in the apartment above mine have a tradmill. This is a ... unique ... experience. (at least, it better be unique...)

-Zordok

21. Idaara

Apr 29, 2002
    The people in the unit next to ours have pretty spectacular fights at 5:30am during the week, with lots of yelling and door slamming. Unfortunately for us, they are an end unit (townhome), and as we don't want to get in the middle of their fights, right now we are stuck with it. :(

22. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    The best fight I can think of in our apartment happened in the unit above ours. It was sometime late at night, obviously after some people had spent the evening drinking. The fight was pretty ho hum with the usual drab of comments from people who even on a sober night, weren't exactly witty. But then came the comment that would brand our neighbor for life, and become Marcy and I's nickname for him to each other. Anyway, all of a sudden the guy's wife/girlfriend/Jerry-Springer-co-guest blurted out "You (censored)-less wonder." Think Ghostbusters. Think, the president that had a dog named Checkers and has more lost audio recordings than the Beetles. I think it's the "wonder" part that really adds flavor to the comment. Like not only was he lacking a certain thing, but he was lacking it in spectacular fashion.

Dwayne

23. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    Bishop could probably toss in a few good neighbor stories. Criminy, there's a few good ones from when he and I were roomies.

24. Skywalker1138

Skywalker1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
    *sips nectar from Bakura*

Skywalker1138 leans over her keyboard, trying to calm from last night's insanity:
    "I had a movie-like dream last night and was at a concentration camp with my mother about to be bombed by a USA military helicopter that the Russians had taken over. It was horrifing... and then now that I'm awake I wonder now why I didn't just get out my lightsaber and kill all of the enemies!"

*takes another sip of nectar*

"Where's Luke when you need him?"

*smirks*

25. Idaara

Apr 29, 2002
    I can't tell you any amazing neighbor or roommate stories, however, I can tell you some pretty stupid/amazing stories about me (normally, not my favorite topic).

I used to deliver pizzas for a living, back from 1988 to 1992, mostly in a small town called Ellsworth, WI. If you don't know Ellsworth, it's a community of about 2,900 people, or it least it was back then, about 15 miles outside of River Falls. (If you don't know where River Falls, is, please consult a map. :) ) The pizza place I worked for in that town was called Doug's Pizza Place (catchy, heh?), and it was owned by Doug (obviously), who happened to be my then (now ex) husband's uncle. Because we were in such a small town, we had a delivery radius of 5 miles, most of which was rural farm country.

Whatever reason this particular day I'm telling you about, Uncle Dougie (the affectionate name I've had for him all these years since) told me to use his personal car for deliveries. We did have company cars, but either they weren't running or Harlan (Mr. Forgot-to-connect-motor-mounts-once-replacing-an-engine) , his "part-time" mechanic, was "working" on them or something. All of the company cars, and Dougie's, had two way radios in case a driver got lost or, more likely, had a problem with the car they were driving.

I took a couple three pizzas that were headed in around the same direction, hopped into the car, and zipped off into the countryside. On my way back to the shop, as I was passing by a farmhouse (okay, so in our delivery area, there were a lot of farmhouses), out of nowhere a chicken dashes into the road right infront of the car. I don't know if this chicken had a death wish, but if it did, I fullfilled it for it. I had no time to brake, and when I hit the bird, at around 55 mph, feathers went flying everywhere.

Now, I'm a pretty sensitive soul. The very first time I ever killed an animal with a car (a squirrel), I bawled for 30 minutes. Okay, it was the dumb animals fault for running infront of the car, but hey, I was the one driving the "killing machine". Well, I came to a relatively quick stop after hitting this dumb chicken and looked into my rearview mirror. The bird was lying by the side of the road, motionless. Part of me was thinking, "Well, you can't help this creature, you might as well go on back to the shop." But then, Ms. Sensitivity kicked in and said, "That poor bird probably belonged to the farmer whose house you just passed. Maybe you should double back and let the poor guy know you killed his bird, and maybe offer him a free pizza or something."

First I radioed back to the shop and let them know I'd be a few minutes late because I killed this guy's bird and to apologize to Dougie for hitting it with his car (of course they were laughing at me in the background). I then turned the car around and drove back over to the farmhouse. Farmer Joe happened to be outside in back of the house. When I got out of the car, went over to him, and told him what had happened, I expected him to be upset. Instead he told me not to worry about it, that it happened all the time, and he was just grateful I had stopped to tell him. As I walked back to the car, he opened the door to his house and yelled to his wife, "Whatever you were planning on making for dinner, you best change your plans. We're having chicken."

I got back into the car and drove back to the pizza place. When I pulled in, I knew I was in for quite the ribbing because I could see Uncle Dougie and the other employees laughing. I got out of the car, walked into the shop, and was proptly titled "Chicken Killer" by the crew. "Ha, ha, very funny," I said. Then one of the gang, looked at me with a slightly puzzled and serious look on his face and asked, "So, why did the chicken cross the road?" I started laughing so hard that I doubled over and choked out, "To get to the other side, stupid!" For the first time in my life, that joke was actually funny. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.