main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***OFFICIAL*** Milwookiee Lounge, a social thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by BYOB_Kenobi, Jun 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    And now, in the spirit of the holidays... three games about Michael Jackson throwing babies. I know, it's sick and twisted... and that's why each one made me laugh. I'm not sure why Hitler would catch babies and I'm sure if I wouldn't want to know, but I highly recommend the first game on the page. Enjoy, you sick, sick people.

http://www.canal96.com/michael/

Dwayne

2. Outlander_

Outlander_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2002
    "That guy" is Hunter S. Thompson. I knew he said or wrote it, but I wasn't sure which book it came from. I should amend my signature to reflect its author.

3. SySnootles

SySnootles Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    No, no Tom. Or everybody else, for that matter. Feel free to correct my spelling and/or grammar at any time. Heaven knows I do it to you guys all the time. I usually don't post the corrections, though. But I am not offended. Just enlightened.

And feeling better, thank you. It was either a 24 hour bug, or bad Alaskan King Crab legs. I slept all day, and things are starting to calm down on the inside. It wasn't pretty. But at least I'll be all cleaned out for the Christmas feast!

4. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    Roast beast?

M

5. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    Sorry I haven't been on for a few days. My sister has been the biggest computer hog since she got back from China and Japan. I'm not kidding when I say she's on from 10am till 2am. It's annoying and my parents tell me that she needs it more than me. Horse hockey. Anyway, I hope you all had good holidays!!

6. LeiaYT1300

LeiaYT1300 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Bob and I have not fallen off the face of the earth, either. We just got really lazy. For example, since I had Thursday and Friday off and began to seriously laze around, come Saturday, I had devolved into the laziest person on earth--I laid in bed and watched Bond movies on TNN all day, while Bob played Diablo II all day!
    We did eventually do something--we went to a late showing of Harry Potter (which was very fun!), but today we seem to be just as lazy (plus the Packer game is on, so I don't think we're going anywhere today either).

I guess the holidays took alot out of us (or maybe we were just glad to have time off for once... ;) )

Just wanted to say hi, and we'll probably see most of you at Dan's Tuesday night. :)

7. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    Beret, does Bob play multiplayer Diablo II? And does he have the Expansion pack? If so, let me know what server he's on, and I may have to bug him into playing some MP online. :D

8. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    Hey, Toxic..you play MP Diablo with the Expansion pack? Maybe we all ought to hang out and pound on some hellspawned baddies.

D&M

9. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Hey, so I just figured I'd post this a few months in advance...

The Sci-Fi channel apparently starts running their version of Children of Dune some time in March (I guess they've compressed Dune Messiah and Children of Dune into one movie). At any rate, I was wondering if anyone was planning to record this at all so that those of us who like Dune but don't have cable can see it some time. Either that or we can have a Dune party as it airs and watch them all. Any way you look at it, I just want to see it and I'm trying to figure out how I can do that, so help me out people.

Thanks,
    Jeff

10. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    Oohh. That would be most cool. I'll be recording it either way because I do have cable and well..it's Dune so it's necessary. So a Dune party or a recording sounds like a good idea. For those of you unfamiliar, watch. It's an amazingly interesting story/world. I suppose there's no set date/time so I'll have to go to the Sci-fi channel website...

11. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    Hey, Toxic..you play MP Diablo with the Expansion pack? Maybe we all ought to hang out and pound on some hellspawned baddies.

Darn tootin' I do, and demon beating I shall do! I'll have to check if my account is still active, and once I do, I can let you know who to look for. :D

EDIT: USEast server, account name BobTheDeadNecro

12. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    I still play Diablo 2 when I can find cool people. I stopped playing with people at random because I couldn't stand running into level 99 barbarians that didn't know who Andariel was. But now to the bulk of my post which is of course:

Nature does not want Pandas to live. It really doesn't. I was watching a special about them. First of all, they are prone to not be interested in breeding. Neither males or females really care at all. And male Pandas fighting for dominance? It looks like an old Archie Bunker episode with Archie yelling at Meathead (Best Rob Reiner quote, "I could win a Nobel Prize, and the headline would be, 'Meathead wins Nobel Prize.'"). So maybe they don't care about anything. "I felt like beating every Panda that wouldn't hump to save its species."
    Second, the females are only fertile two days a year. That's shorter than the pre-game coverage of a Packers Super Bowl.
    Third, it seems that loud noises can cause the Panda to terminate the pregnancy, so workers in Panda centers can't use motorized vehicles or talk above a whisper. One Panda kept terminating because she lost a paw in an accident, and since she needs two paws to feed her young, she didn't feel fit to be a mother. I've heard rabbits do the same if they feel there isn't enough food for the warren.
    Finally, if a Panda actually gives birth, the noise the cub makes is so horrible and shocking, that the mother will abandon it. Young Pandas can't eat bamboo, can't even see, and so workers have to feed it since the mother doesn't want anything to do with it. And for those paying attention, one Panda giving birth to a shrieking cub can, as we learned in point number three, cause another Panda to lose the baby.
    In conclusion, I think Pandas were in line behind the opossum for survival abilities. For those that don't know, the opossum's defense is when cornered it makes a stink out of a rear-located gland to make it smell like it's dead and rotting. Tasty.

So Pandas, good luck and we are trying.

Dwayne

13. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    Dwayne's post REALLY needs to be published somewhere - if nothjing else perhaps the next newsletter.

:)

14. jedisister

jedisister Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 2001
    I saw that special. Newborn pandas are actually really ugly!! They don't get cute till they have alot more fur. Kinda crazy the measures the people at the conservatory take to care for and help reproduce those pandas. Perhaps you are right,Dwayne, maybe nature really doesn't want pandas to survive anymore...but, that doesn't mean that they're habitat should be destoyed or that people shouldn't help them, so I applaud the efforts made by humans on behalf of the Great Panda.

15. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    I'd agree with you except for one thing, the amount of money the Chinese make exporting Pandas to zoos across the world is the only reason they have for continuing and if you consider the amount of effort and money they're investing they could probably grill the remaining Pandas and feed some of their starving people...

But sometimes, I am just a bit more pragmatic than I am PC.

M

PS- Does anyone know why Panda is always capitalized is it because it's a Family name instead of species or something? Come on..we're all nerds here someone has to know...

16. TwistyMaeSkywalker

TwistyMaeSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2000
    Not a clue. But that whole post amused the heck out of me.

17. bwing53

bwing53 Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2002
    Mmm...grilled Panda. Bet that's great with a little barbecue sauce. Who's got the Weber?

18. Auraveda

Auraveda Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2001
    Being a vegetarian, I prefer soy-panda myself. :p

19. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    Yesterday was J.R.R. Tolkien's eleventy-first birthday.

20. TwistyMaeSkywalker

Nov 3, 2000
    Is anyone else totally in love with the hobbit drinking song from the extended DVD? It's so catchy.

21. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    I might be if I could understand it.

22. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    I never said that we should destroy the Panda's habitat, never hinted at it. I just said that with what nature has given the Pandas, things aren't looking too bright for them, despite efforts to help them.

Dwayne

23. bwing53

bwing53 Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2002
    You could make a similar case for ballroom dancers--sadly, their kind is fading away. . .

24. DarthWK

DarthWK Jedi Youngling

Oct 22, 2002
    Everyone who cares about the fate of the Giant Panda in this modern world should download this song.this song. All Hail the Juice Pigs, the only band that can get "Hey, Ho, To The Bottle I Go" out of my head.

25. TwistyMaeSkywalker

Nov 3, 2000
    Hey, ho to the bottle I go
    To heal my heart and drown my woe
    Rain may fall and wind may blow
    But there still be many miles to go

Sweet is the sound of the pouring rain
    And the stream that falls from hill to plain
    But better than rain or rippling brook
    Is a mug of beer inside this Took!

...I have reached a new low.