***OFFICIAL*** Milwookiee Lounge, a social thread

Discussion in 'Milwaukee, WI' started by BYOB_Kenobi, Jun 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Liz, I could see you dancing around to that... But you would need the furry feet. :p
  2. SkyJammer Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ah, ballroom dancing. Something I've always thought I should learn how to do, but never seem to have the time. I've played in jazz bands for ballroom dancers -- does that count?

-Phil
  3. TwistyMaeSkywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'm not a hobbit fancier. The furry feet annoy me for some reason.
  4. BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  5. SySnootles Jedi Knight

star 3
    Furry feet do not sound alluring. I can't think of furry anything that sounds alluring.
    Interesting thread. That relationship will last.

Hey! One of my fish died! :D
  6. LeiaYT1300 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Nice thread. I don't know which one to smack upside the head first--the guy or the girl.

I mean, I want to smack the guy upside the head for fiddling with her car, 'cause that's just not right, no matter what she yelled at him for. And I want to smack the girl upside the head for not realizing most men forget anniversaries no matter what--it's a given in life, and she should just deal with it.

I agree with Catie. I highly doubt that relationship will ever last...

Edit: Catie, are you happy that you're fish died? ?[face_plain] Just curious, with the smiley and all... I mean, if you are, that's cool. I'm just curious.

:p
  7. TheWampas1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, aside from the fact that I've heard that before as a joke and I found it to be a Haha sort of joke the first time, the second time..still not funny.

M
  8. Bishop76 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Okay, so topic jump. I've been wandering the web looking for a release date for Final Fantasy XI and can't find a reliable one anywhere. The closest I've come is at Gamespot. They've got March 4 as the release date, but who knows. I guess I'm hoping one of you does.

Also, has anyone seen the screen shots for Final Fantasy X-2? Beautiful... I can't believe they're actually doing a sequel.

Oh, and after X-2, I've heard rumor (from EGM) that they're working on VII-2... The two best FF games with sequels... very cool.

EDIT: Oh, they also have the creative team for XII assembled... Can't remember the site I saw it on, but the guy who did Tactics and Vagrant Story is doing the character design, so that should be pretty cool at least.

Jeff
  9. TwistyMaeSkywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well, I'm sort of excited for FFX-2, but then again, I'm a little worried about how exactly they're going to go about making it. But I agree, the screenshots and the character art is just gorgeous. I'll play the game, if only for that alone.

As for FFVII-2, I would be more interested in a PS2 update of the original than a sequel. I'd love to see a remake with better graphics, since after playing FFX, I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to good graphics.

But if they do make a sequel, I'll probably play it.
  10. Bishop76 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well, the one thing that worries me about FFX-2 is the whole lack of aeons... That's one of the best parts of FF games - the summons - but, I have yet to be truly disappointed with a FF game, so I have faith in Square/Enix...

Another problem I see is that the plot of both FFX-2 and FFVII-2 would probably be almost identical - a search for the lost love interest of the first game. That, and I wonder just how much influence Kingdom Hearts is going to have on these sequels what with the whole goofiness with Cloud going to Hades to get Aerith back or whatever. Sure, it was a cute idea, but I don't want Disney suddenly trodding on my FF storylines.

Jeff
  11. Bishop76 Jedi Knight

star 3
    More fantastic news, Firefly fans.

This is from Tim Minear's web site:

We have received confirmation from a source at 20th Century Fox that UPN has passed on Firefly. Thank you, everyone, for your tremendous support.

So, it's looking like there's about zero hope left for this show... :(

Jeff
  12. TheWampas1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    Greeeeaaat. So it'll be replaced by some more sniveling crap..lovely.

On a happier note, I'm on vacation! Yeay me! We're off to DC to have some fun and visit folks. So, we'll be seeing you next week sometime. Perhaps we can have another Thursday night social gathering next week? Until then, have some fun and get into some trouble. I would.

M (& D)

13. BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  14. Red_Jedi_Knight Jedi Master

star 3
    hehehehehe HI ALL I'M BACK!!!! aren't you scared? i tried out for the crusible at dsha and i really don't think i made it. but my stained glass piece is gonna be sooooooooo sweet. when i get it done(hopefully today) i'll try to get a picture of it and pass it around!! hehehehe soooo cool!!
  15. BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'd really like to see that. :)

In other news, I received my copy of the soundtrack to Amélie in the mail yesterday. If you haven't bought/downloaded this album already, I encourage everyone to do so. The music is absolutely dazzling.
  16. bwing53 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Just outta curiousity, what did you think of that movie? I've had several people recommend it. And I do believe one such person commented on the score as being exceptional.
  17. BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The movie is excellent. It's funny, charming, disturbing, and just European enough to be frickin' weird. I don't have a copy of it, but I do have another movie from the same director, with a very different plot but a very similar kind of quirky energy, on DVD. It's called The City of Lost Children, and I can lend it to you if you like.

Actually... what the hell? Let's make it a movie night.
  18. SySnootles Jedi Knight

star 3
    I almost saw Amilie (or however you spell it) at the Downer Theater last year. I can't remember why I didn't. I've heard nothing but wonderful things about it.

Oh, and about the fish --

I've had a tank for about four years now. And for two of those years I bought fish after fish after fish, and for whatever reason could keep no more than three alive for any period of time. So I decided that when all of the fish die, I'll just give the tank a rest. That was two years ago. And up until a few days ago, I had two fish. Now that one's dead, all I have left is the plecostamus, Warren. Now, I can't intentionally kill anything with less than six legs, so I've been feeding them regularly and making sure the tank is running. Waiting for "natural causes" or for someone to take the fish. And I hope it's soon, because I really need the room. This new computer shares a room with the tank, and it's pretty crowded in here. Hence the grinning.
  19. LeiaYT1300 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ok, Catie, that makes more sense. For a little bit, I was beginning to wonder about you... ;)

As for Amelie, I haven't seen it either, but it's supposed to be spectacular. But as usual, it's on the list of the those movies we wait to hit cable (we're too lazy to rent). And if you want to see a weird film, City of Lost Children is right up there. Very strange, but strangely good.

Which, btw, that's the same group who did the critically acclaimed Delicatessen, right?
  20. BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    That's right. They (or one of them, Jeunet perhaps) also did Alien Resurrection. Yeah... One of the victims in Delicatessen (a.k.a. the original clone scientist deep sea diving dude from City of Lost Children; a.k.a. all of the sextuplet clones from City of Lost Children; a.k.a. the jilted guy who records a microcassette diary of everything his ex-girlfriend does in Amélie) was also in Alien Resurrection as the cripple who could turn his wheelchair into a gun.

And the pooping reindeer can most recently be seen in Santa Clause 2.

With that, I'm off to the bar to go drink lots and lots of beer.
  21. BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  22. Mauler_II Jedi Knight

star 3
    For all you LOTR fans check this out. VERY funny.

23. TwistyMaeSkywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
  24. bwing53 Jedi Knight

star 3
    That's pretty funny stuff. I really like Arwen's "The Gap of Rohan" entry--very amusing.

Tom, your posted sample of fiction has a nice hook to it. If this is reflective of other fiction you've written, then I would say you definitely have a gift for establishing lucid and tangible settings. Very interesting descriptive style. I'd be interested in seeing you connect this piece to the Star Wars universe in some way. What kind of ideas have you tossed around for doing that?

Jason
  25. BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.