main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***OFFICIAL*** Milwookiee Lounge, a social thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by BYOB_Kenobi, Jun 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    My bad, sorry - I meant just Baldur's Gate... I'm used to talking about the computer version which is on Baldur's Gate II now...

Sorry again

Jeff

2. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    Welp, I got my new Best Buy credit card and picked up my PS2, memory cards, extra controller, Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, Devil May Cry, Final Fantasy X, and Kingdom Hearts.

I hate that vile temptation. :p

And I may pick up Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance. I'm gonna compare differences between the PS2 version and the GC version.

3. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    May God have mercy on your soul.

4. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    Yeah, I'm gonna go to church and beg for forgiveness for this transgression and falling forfeit to temptation.

5. bwing53

bwing53 Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2002
    Does God offer debt consolidation?

6. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    Hey everybody! Sorry I haven't posted for a while. I've been at a convention in Indiana for a week. I forgot to let you all know before I left. :)

7. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    Yes, you did. :mad:

8. Red_Jedi_Knight

Red_Jedi_Knight Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    how was the con which one was it?? tell me tell me tell me!!!

EDIT: welcome back!!

9. SySnootles

SySnootles Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    I was wondering where you've been. Welcome back, Megan. When do you head back to Oshkosh?

10. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    It was an acting/theatre convention. So basically a hotel convention center filled with Jabba sized egos and enough hot, but sadly, gay men to fill a space cruizer. Thankfully, the hotel had a nice bar as did my friend Erik's hotel room bathtub. [face_devil]

Edit: I don't start classes until the 3rd, so I'll end up going back around the 1st, maybe sooner.

11. bwing53

May 7, 2002
    A bathtub with a bar? Sounds like a potential drowning hazard. Did it come with a lifeguard?

12. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Yeah probably but from the sound of it he could have probably sung the entire score from Music Man.

M

13. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    Aargh!! Marcy disrupts my comedy timing once again! Curses!

14. bwing53

May 7, 2002
    I was wondering who would jump on that one first!

15. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    Well, after much tweaking and some rearranging, I have gotten the playstation 2 to work over our cable connection. While most of you are thinking (and quite rightly) what the heck do I care? I answer you this...all bad things I have said regarding FFXI were purely sour grapes, said in the anger and frustration of not being able to go online with the playstation2. So I hearby recind my prior statements regarding not wanting to play FFXI and hang my head in shame for I am little more than a Ho to the Pimp that is Squaresoft.

M

16. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    [face_laugh]

That's great... yeah, I'm pretty much generally stuck in a submissive position when it comes to Square games, too... Meaning of course, that I'm buying the damn game... stupid MMORPGs

Jeff

17. Auraveda

Auraveda Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2001
    I'm laying off the videogames for a while. I play them waaaaaay too much, so much so that it's been my only leisure activity lately, and has been taking time away from the things that matter more in my life. *sigh* I get waaay too obsessive....

18. Skywalker1138

Skywalker1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
    I found out after Kevin returned from a UTA in Ft. McCoy this past weekend,
    that Kevin had a "wake-up" call--he has more than 50% chance to be called up
    to go overseas now. Until this weekend I went about planning our wedding as
    if he'd never leave 'cause it was something that was much easier to be
    pushed away than accept that could happen. If he does hear, they'll call him
    up, and in a week he'll have to leave. If he doesn't hear by March we won't
    have to worry, but for now we have to get emotionally prepared. In this case
    we've decided to elope, and then when he comes back (no longer than 2 years)
    we'll have a real wedding. That's worst-case scenario, and we don't know yet
    if we'd have time to move in together or if we'd just have to throw his
    stuff into storage. Anyway, that's what's primarily been on my mind lately.

19. LeiaYT1300

LeiaYT1300 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    You know Bob and I are always here for you, Jenni! :)

20. jedisister

jedisister Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 2001
    Thats a hard thing Jenni. My only advice is either to just wait altogether(not elope)until after he returns, or bump up your plans sooner. Or, elope but don't stop planning the wedding. I say this from experience in my own life and also a cousin's experience. She married a navy man, had a very small gathering, said they will have a big wedding later, and well, now 3 yrs., one child later and him on a ship for the next 5 months, they still haven't had their big wedding. Same thing with my husband and I. He's not military, but we had our reasons after he proposed to have a small gathering of just family, promised ourselves we'd have the big wedding later and now, we'll be hitting our 4 yr. anniversary in two months and NO plans at all for a big wedding. I guess what I'm saying is you can at the time, hope for the big wedding, but usually if you elope, there won't be one. Mainly because life just happens and its like ok, we married now so there's no immediate need to keep planning, or things just happen.(I also know of other people much older than myself w/the same thing happening or not happening as the case may be). I don't mean to sound discouraging, but just want you to know what has happened to a few people that I know personally(like I said, myself included)that have eloped and thought they would still have the big wedding later and it just didn't. On the plus side of it, my cousin and myself, we're ok with not having had the big wedding. After all, its not the wedding that makes the marriage, its the two people who are married that make the marriage, no matter how they got married. And hopefully, with you and Kevin, he won't get that call and you can keep planning for that wedding of your dreams. :)

21. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    What's more important here isn't the event but the commitment. How you do it isn't nearly as important as getting married if you really should and if it's really what you want. Because under those circumstances all the trappings and flowers and bridesmaids isn't going to make it any more special than it already is.

M

22. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    Just an FYI, my signature has nothing to do with religion and everything to do with a movie. Please, take no offense. And if you haven't yet, see "The Boondock Saints". Veritas, Aequitas

23. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    I agree with M. The promises you make at 3AM while you're lying awake one night or even the promises you make on the day you get engaged are infinitely more important than the actual cerimony. I looked at my wedding as a public display of the private promises I had made years before.

Obviously if there is a strong religous component to your lives or you really want a big wedding there would be other issues involved, but for me the promises made were between my wife and me alone.

This is all of course IMHO!

24. Skywalker1138

Skywalker1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
    Thanks Tracey for the heads-up and Marcy & Eric for words of encouragement. I'll make sure I keep planning a wedding even if he leaves... things will just be crazy for a little while if he does... we won't have the time to move in together, and his stuff will have to be thrown out or put into storage. His bank account will either go into my name or his dad's... things like that. His cat--well, he said he wanted me to take care of Circe, and although I never dreamed of owning a cat alone, I said I'd take her of course.

Actually, I think the more reassurance I get, the easier it is to consider
    Kevin could be gone for up to two years. I told Kevin "Don't you change out
    there" but I know full well that any travel, and any experience changes
    people--I can only hope somehow it's a positive thing. Maybe when if he
    goes, when he comes back he'll be more sure of himself; maybe he'll take the
    risk to travel with me more often too or something. But, whatever happens,
    yeah, we'll be together. To be honest, when he first told me the news that
    all of the units around him are being called up and they had a good chance
    of being called up too (the 452nd Hospital) I was really frantic and then
    when he said he'd want to elope first I was really freaked out... but then I realized, he'd just made the committment to be loyal to me forever, and I want us to be together forever, so I do want to get married--whether it turns out the way I'd planned or not. So, hopefully he doesn't get called... and if he does, well, then it was God's will I guess.

Dam*--if I only had an alliance of my own to get out there. *smirks*

25. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    A Fellowship, perhaps? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.