main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***OFFICIAL*** Milwookiee Lounge, a social thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by BYOB_Kenobi, Jun 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    Hey - What's with the other board? It seems to be down...

2. Auraveda

Auraveda Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2001
    Yeah, www.wisconsinfanforce.org is down, as is every other site that name2host.com hosts. They probably had a server crash or something. I have a site with them as well and if it isn't back online by tomorrow I'm going to see if I can contact one of their tech support people and see what's going on. I had planned on spending a good chunk of the day working on my site there, instead I've been doing laundry and playing video games.

3. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    I wonder if it has anything to do with that worm that's running rampant...

News article listed here.

4. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    Ok. The God of Football is dead. Tampa winning the Super Bowl is living proof of that fact. I hate Warren Sapp. I counted how many times the camera was on him outside of a play he was involved it: 41. 41 times the camera found it necessary to focus on a loud-mouth jerk while he wasn't playing! It was a horrible game, Madden is an idiot, and the commercials were mostly crap. What a nasty way to end a season of football. (Sorry to all of you who could care less about the game or sports of any kind. I had to get it off my chest.)

5. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    There is no God

...of football.

6. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    Exactly.

7. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
  8. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    God Bless Peter Jackson for not making LOTR Hollywood. That website is scary.

9. LauedGiind

LauedGiind Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    I'm moving to a different apartment in Franklin and need to get rid of some excess furniture. At this time, I need to get rid of two desks in order to buy a more compact computer desk. If anyone is interested in buying them, please PM me. The person with the best bidding price will get either one of the desks.

10. Outlander_

Outlander_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2002
    Jeff...congrats on the new job. 18 bucks per hour eh? Maybe I should look into that. Then again, what do I want with a respectable job?

11. Red_Jedi_Knight

Red_Jedi_Knight Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    woohoo!! random star wars day!! the 5th of Febuary is an out of uniform day for dsha and i desided to ask friends to dress up as sw characters! so far i have a luke, a han, 2 leias, a chewie, and a vader. maybe even a yoda!! please note only the wookie is a senior all other cast members are under classmen. now that is saying something!! i plan on getting picutes!! yeah me!!

oh and i'm writing my second english paper under the premis of C2. we ha!!

12. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000

Quote of the moment: "Oh no! Is the moon eating the sun? I don't know because I'm a caveman."

It's getting a little scary lately. I'm going stir-crazy in this apartment and it takes less and less to set me off.

I just realized something: when Luke is dragged into the ice cave and cuts off the Wampa's arm, it's almost exactly like when Beowulf disarms Grendel.

Which reminds me: I've been hearing rumblings of a new translation of Beowulf that may be published in the near future. It's from a forgotten manuscript by J.R.R. Tolkien.

I'm going back to my mushroom house now with Lee Marvin and we're going to play video games and eat cheese-flavored cotton candy.

13. Idaara

Idaara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Okay, being from Wisconsin and all, cheese flavored anything should be okay, but I can't fathom cheese flavored cotton candy. Let me be the first to say ewww.

14. Auraveda

Jun 5, 2001
    [image=http://ibelgique.ifrance.com/cinedestin/acteurs/marvin.jpg]

[image=http://www.dlhill.com/gifs/cap005.jpg]

15. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    Posts consisting of nothing but images are not allowed. Please ban yourself.

16. bwing53

bwing53 Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2002
    It was a fair move--there's no use crying about it!

For the record, Lee Marvin was at no point in his career better than he was in "Delta Force". Just timeless.

17. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    I've always considered Paint Your Wagon to be his crowning achievement.

18. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    Well everybody, it's time to say GOODBYE again. I leave for the dreary town of Oshkosh this afternoon for my last semester of undergrad college ife. I'm glad I got to see most of you while I was here over break! I may not be on for a few days as the start of the semester is always crazy. For example, I have 6 hours of rehearsal every night except Saturday. So, till I can get back online, ADIEU! :)

19. Duffy737

Duffy737 Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2002
    Hello, Wisconsin people!

I'm Duffy (from Crystal Lake) and I think this is my first time actually posting here. Sorry, I lurk a lot... But I can't stands it no more. Mr. BYOB_Kenobi has crossed the line.

I'm a member of the 501st (no secret there) and some of the "powers that be" from the Rebel Legion are friends of mine. BYOB is angry (heck, anybody that manages to get thrown out of a hotel party SHOULD be), but he's not telling the whole story.

I had never met BYOB before this past FilmCon. I didn't know him from Adam. But at some point during the room party I saw some guy slithering on his back across the floor to look up a girl's skirt. At that point, TK895 (Midwest Garrison Commander for the 501st)grabbed him (literally) and threw him (literally) out of the party.

Guess who the slithering guy was! BYOB_Kenobi. You guessed it!

So now he says "501st/Rebel Legion... STAY AWAY. They're a bunch of jerks and hypocrites." Hypocrites? The girl in the skirt would not agree. Jerks? Yes, especially when situations like BYOB arise.

BYOB goes on to say "My reactions to that group are based on things that Dawn and I heard from Mary (a.k.a. Amber_eyes) at FilmCon" I'm not specifically trying to drag Amber Eyes into this but she has her reasons to dislike the 501st/Rebel Legion as well. Personal reasons. Please remember that--Personal reasons.

BYOB says "But everyone who counts knows that story, so there's no need to go into it again." and that's the part that really bugs me. BYOB is telling his version of the story. I saw him laying on his back trying to look up a girl's skirt! So he got thrown out of the party. DUH!

I totally expect this post to be edited. But I'd like to offer (to Mr. BYOB and whoever else is interested) the chance to discuss this. Openly, if possible--here on your boards--or (if you'd rather) privately (read "cowardly") at edit. That's my home number and there's never a bad time to call. My email is Lnchmeat49@aol.com.

BYOB_Kenobi is a liar and a coward. He can slam my friends and the (ultimately) good groups with which I'm affiliated until his mom kicks him out of the basement for all I care, but PLEASE don't pass judgement on the 501st or the Rebel Legion until you've tried them. We're really not bad people, Sam-I-Am, but ********* like BYOB keep getting in the way.

Please give us half the chance you gave that jerk.

Cheers-

Duffy
    TK737
    Midwest Garrison
    501st Legion

Jurist edit: removed phone number.

20. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I'm not going to comment about the events that unfolded at FilmCon. I was at the convention but not at the party when it happened. So to keep my nose where it belongs, and to not cause any further trouble on that subject matter, I'll skip it. It's for the parties involved so my opinion will remain safely inside my own head. Anyone who wants my opinion is free to ask, but it doesn't belong on this public forum.

As for the 501st, I don't base their entire organization upon rumors of a few members. After C2 I posted in the celebration boards that the 501st were one of the best things about the convention, and I still stand by that. They helped keep order, kept people entertained, and one of the funniest moments for me was hearing a guy in Stormtrooper armor, with full voice, telling a friend that he wanted a cookie. It was priceless. I've read about the 501st doing charity work, especially with respect to children's groups. I can honestly say that it's completely unfair to judge a group based upon the actions of a few individuals. I certainly wouldn't want the Milwookiee FanForce to be judged on the actions of BYOB.

Truth be told, I've grown tired of the controversy he has caused us and I won't defend him any more, not for actions like that.

Dwayne

21. SySnootles

SySnootles Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    Well Duffy, you are correct. There are two sides to every story.

There is more to the story than what you have stated.

Did BYOB do something inappropriate? In my opinion, yes. But, given the other (again, in my opinion) lewd acts being performed, it is difficult to see why he was singled out.

I personally don't believe it was solely because of trying to look up a woman's skirt. I feel it had more to do with who he was and the antagonistic relationship he had with some of the people at the party. Also, the person who removed him from the party was a member of the 501st, but was not acting as a representative of the 501st at the time. The feelings are very personal, yes. But, given the entire history of the situation (which I have been privy to), I cannot see how it could be otherwise.

Point being your point is taken. The whole of the 501st may be swell people. Someone's differences with an individual should not cast shadows upon the entire orginization, especially when the issue is a personal one.

Who's side am I on? Neither, to tell you the truth. If people want to become a part of the 501st, it is their responsibility to research the organization and come to a fair conclusion. If that person really wants to be a part of the 501st, they will. I don't feel the need for defending the 501st. They are what they are. And if that person finds difference with the 501st, they will not join. Very simple.

As diplomatic as I am trying to be, I have to say the "cowardly" remark as well as the name calling were uncalled for. Why? Think on it.

Catie

22. Duffy737

Duffy737 Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2002
    >>I have to say the "cowardly" remark as well as the name calling were uncalled for. Why? Think on it.<<

I did think. And he is. BYOB_Kenobi is a coward. I'm not trying to make anybody angry, but he just is. I'm making more of a "statement of facts" than "giving an opinion".

As for the lewd acts referred to in this statement >>given the other (again, in my opinion) lewd acts being performed, it is difficult to see why he was singled out<<, I (again) argue. The lewdest (sp?) acts at that party involved first-base-type-stuff. And it was all consentual. Nobody walked around with a "HEY, CRAWL ON YOUR BACK AND COP A CHEAP PEEK UP MY SKIRT" sign on their back. BYOB took it upon himself to do just that. That's the problem.

And as far as the person that kicked Mr. BYOB out--it doesn't matter even a tiny bit what group he represented. He was doing the right thing. But BYOB went so far as to post TK895's id as a link in a previous post. What is that? I say cowadice.

Look, maybe people go to different types of parties (or have never gone to any at all) and expect different things (or nothing at all). The FilmCon party was tame. In any party (or restaurant or bar or you-name-it), there is an assumed line that doesn't get crossed. BYOB crossed it and I watched him do it.

Now he takes his beef--which he brought on himself--and aims his accusations at my friends and my groups while sitting safely behind his PC. That's being a coward. He's lying to anybody that doesn't know any 501st/RL'ers by calling us jerks and hypocrites.

I sorta assume that if you WI people know BYOB you already know (or at least sense) that he's full of it. My intention with these posts is only to keep judgement from being passed on the 501st/RL based on what that ***** says.

Sorry 'bout the mess. And thanks for your time.

Duffy
    TK737
    Midwest Garrison
    501st Legion

Rox's Edit: Edited for swearing.

23. Auraveda

Jun 5, 2001
    *sigh*

This is an issue that hasn't been discussed for weeks. Why are you coming in here now to talk about this? It seems like an obvious attempt to start trouble, not a friendly attempt at discussing the long dead issue.

I had never met BYOB before this past FilmCon.

Obviously.

But at some point during the room party I saw some guy slithering on his back across the floor to look up a girl's skirt.

A girl sitting on a chair. He could see nothing. What he did was crass, and in poor taste. No one is arguing that. But, it was a very wild party, rife with alcohol, sexual tension, and very demonstrative fake lesbians. BYOB simply grossly misinterpreted where the line was. His actions were more misguided than malicious.

At that point, TK895 (Midwest Garrison Commander for the 501st)grabbed him (literally) and threw him (literally) out of the party.

I think that by "grabbed him" you really mean "kicked in the chest."

Guess who the slithering guy was! BYOB_Kenobi. You guessed it!

Yes. We've all heard the story. Did you think that you were going to come in here, tell your story, and we'd all be shocked? And we'd suddenly renounce our friend for his mistake? And then, seeing the error of our ways, we'd all join hands, strap on some armor and join the 501st?

So now he says "501st/Rebel Legion... STAY AWAY. They're a bunch of jerks and hypocrites."

That post by BYOB that you are referring to was made on our forums, and meant to be read by our members with the understanding that they would have heard the story and see the irony/humor of his response. Given his recent run-in with members of the 501st I found it a rather funny yet totally understandable response. BYOB makes lots and lots of jokes. But of course you don't know that, as you pointed out you don't know him from Adam.

Hypocrites? The girl in the skirt would not agree.

Well, duh.

Jerks? Yes, especially when situations like BYOB arise.

Obviously. The whole situation could have been handled much better.

BYOB goes on to say "My reactions to that group are based on things that Dawn and I heard from Mary (a.k.a. Amber_eyes) at FilmCon" I'm not specifically trying to drag Amber Eyes into this but she has her reasons to dislike the 501st/Rebel Legion as well. Personal reasons. Please remember that--Personal reasons.

Yes, and now I have personal reasons to dislike the 501st, or well at least you, whoever you are. Congratulations.

BYOB says "But everyone who counts knows that story, so there's no need to go into it again." and that's the part that really bugs me.

By which he meant all of his friends, all of the people whose opinion he cares about were well aware of what happened. Are you offended because we didn't send you a memo on the incident?

BYOB is telling his version of the story.

Well, it's the only version he can tell, since he isn't omniscient.

I saw him laying on his back trying to look up a girl's skirt! So he got thrown out of the party. DUH!

Yeah, no one is arguing about that. We know what happened. What's your point?

I totally expect this post to be edited.

Then why did you bother posting it?

But I'd like to offer (to Mr. BYOB and whoever else is interested) the chance to discuss this. Openly, if possible--here on your boards--

Thank you, no. We were done with this issue.

or (if you'd rather) privately (read "cowardly") at (815)444-1495. That's my home number and there's never a bad time to call. My email is Lnchmeat49@aol.com.

Thankyou "lunchmeat" I'll pass. There is nothing to discuss. Um, is it really necessary to insult all of us?

BYOB_Kenobi is a liar and a coward.

Sir, I take that very personally. I'm very offended. I've known BYOB_Kenobi for over three and a half years now. He is neither a liar, nor a coward. What did you hope to achieve b

24. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Okay, I think for the first time I'm gonna be all official here. Knock it off, everyone. This is ridiculous and it doesn't need to go any further, so let's not take it there.

Jeff

25. Auraveda

Jun 5, 2001
    Sorry Jeff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.