main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***OFFICIAL*** Milwookiee Lounge II

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by Bishop76, Feb 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LauedGiind

LauedGiind Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    There is more of that from where it came from. ;) Believe me, it could get worse. My hubby needs to get home soon- he's been gone waaaay too long. I could end up going for bleeners instead of crullers by the time he comes back from his deployment.

2. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    Be sure to take pictures and share with the group!

3. LauedGiind

Sep 4, 2002
    Wow Dan-am I suppose to take that the way I think I should take that? That went past the whole eclair thing.

ok- I decided against bleeners, crullers, and eclairs. I decided to go with some coffee cake. I think it is a little more satisfying since it fills you up more. I got the raspberry and creme cheese kind. Yummy yummy.

4. Skywalker1138

Skywalker1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
    Hey there Lau! My husband's still gone too. We had our 6-month anniversary last Friday--major let down. He called and was cut off by a BEEP within the first 5 minutes and never called back. My guess is that a commander probably had to interrupt the line. He needs to get his butt home too :)

Talk to you later,

5. LauedGiind

Sep 4, 2002
    Hey Jenny! I'm glad he is doing good though. I know what you're going through. I didn't see my husband on our third year anniversary and I know that I won't see him on our fourth which is November 10th. He owes me one expensive diamond ring now that he's missing two anniversaries. Just kidding. I just want him to come back home alive from Iraq. That would be the best gift of them all. I had a dream about him last night that he was missing me so much. I didn't think about the dream until this afternoon and it made me miss him so much.

6. LauedGiind

Sep 4, 2002
    What is the wierdest dream that you ever had? I had a dream when I was about 15 years old that I walked beside an elephant and traveled on foot from the US to get to Paris. It was just bizarre.

7. Jedi_Knight_Isadore

Jedi_Knight_Isadore Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2002
    Well all...I have moved to Wauwatosa as of yesterday night. It was hell. I found out Friday night, a whole 1-2 hours after I got my keys, that I had to be out of my old place by Sunday noon. To top it all off, I had to work Saturday and Sunday 6:30am to 2:30pm, so Saturday night, I got 1-2 hours of sleep and sprained my ankle Sunday morning when I was finishing up at the old place. So, life is hell, but I am all moved. Now I just need to put stuff away...why did I do this to myself again.

Anyways, I will have a house warming party in about a month or so when I have everything settled. I will post something about it and hope to have peoples come over. Talk with you later, I'm going to go die in a corner right now.

Devan

8. LauedGiind

Sep 4, 2002
    Wow, no posts in like a whole week.

9. Jedi_Knight_Isadore

Jul 1, 2002
    I know...

Where is everyone? *sniffles*

Devan

10. LauedGiind

Sep 4, 2002
    They are probably playing Galaxies. I wish I could play that game but I have an "older" computer. I just replaced my couch set and bought a new TV. I don't think I could afford a new computer.

11. LeiaYT1300

LeiaYT1300 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Well, Bob and I have essentially fallen off the face of the earth since the middle of August. After finishing two more costume commissions, my attention has been turned to trying to finish my bloomin' Ren Faire gown which has been on hiatus for the last three years, so we can at least try for a trip to the Ren Faire in Shakopie, MN before the month is out. In short, since I've lost nearly twenty pounds on Atkins, I have to make a new bodice and corset, as well as finish all the hemming and embellishing. I tried for a Costumer's Guild meeting for y'all, but my calendar got full very quickly, it just wasn't in the cards for August.

As for work, Bob is on mandatory overtime, and I've been pushed into making quilt squares for an educational project for the upcoming quilt show at the museum (my boss told me I was chosen since I was the only one who could sew--little does she realize that sewing and quilt are two totally different animals, but that didn't seem to bother her, so whatever, I guess). In short, what started as just providing the squares became a full blown project. Now I'm responsible for choosing the designs that'll be blown up for the kids to follow and I have to do a trial run with some children somehow to make sure it isn't too difficult. My boss is very good at delegating work, but she couldn't churn out anything on her own if it killed her, but she'll get the credit. So guess who's working very hard to switch from the education to curatorial departments asap? ;)

So we've been swamped, even to the point of me working over the Labor Day weekend just to keep up. I've barely had time to check email, much less post, although I've been trying. We're both very exhausted, and the coming weeks look little better.

And that's where we've been. But I'll be sure to post when the next costume meeting will be in the costume thread once I can make that determination. I haven't forgotten about you guys! :)

12. SySnootles

SySnootles Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    Congrats on the new digs, Laura. I'd love to see the new furniture and the new huge television set. Hopefully I'll be able to make the upcoming book club meeting.

Devan, congrats on the new pad! Moving is one of the most stressful experiences one can go through. Don't worry. You'll make it.

Beret, congrats on the awesome weightloss! That's great. You're obviously keeping busy, which is a very good thing when on a diet -- don't have time to dwell on what you're not eating. Good luck with the kids!

I, myself, have been in school for a week and a half and I think my brain is full. And that's with only three classes. I haven't even started the fourth one. So, you'll most likely see me again in December when I'm done. Or on the news when I blow a gasket and start picking people off from the top of the Bradley Center parking structure.

Toodles!

13. LeiaYT1300

Mar 7, 2002
    Thanks, Catie! I would have to say that this Atkins diet is very successful, and I would recommend it to most people. It forces some major changes in your diet, but it's worth it. Bob and I are each 10 pounds away from our high school weights, when we were both at our healthiest (he was heavily into sports and I danced five days a week, three hours a day), which I think is pretty darn good. And besides, now I'll have more courage to slip into a new Slave Bikini again. ;)

Good luck with your classes, and you're more than welcome to come banging on the door if you start to feel like you're going nuts! It's a scholarly feeling I'm very familiar with. :)

14. Auraveda

Auraveda Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2001
    Wow, perhaps I'll have to try to see if I can find some sort of vegetarian version of the Atkins diet. I could certainly stand to lose a few so that the armor isn't so tight when Celebration 3 rolls around. Congratulations on the loss Beret!

And Catie, hang in there! You can do it!

15. Red_Jedi_Knight

Red_Jedi_Knight Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    hello to everyone from college!!
    yes thats right laura is in college... senior year was evil as all heck but im done with it now. just thought i should let you all know that i live and study... on the off chance you wondered where i went since dropping off the face of the earth!

im at uw whitewater, still working at geology!

so hello to all and have a good school year.

Red

16. LauedGiind

Sep 4, 2002
    Congrats Beret on your weight loss! It's an acomplishment when you lose your first 20 pounds. My weight loss is slowing down now to around 106 pounds total loss but I am wearing about the same size of clothes as I did in high school. There is this one dress I tried on at Boston Store that was like a dress in the Titanic only it was blue. It was a size 12 and it fit me. My mom saw it and thought it looked like what Sleeping Beauty would wear. Not that it was nightgown like or anything. I thought about getting it for someday when I could go to the military ball with Tom but it was so expensive- $168.00! Yikes! I could lose more weight and it would not be worth that price. I am now on my 7th size so I don't want to get something that expensive now.

Thanks Catie. I hope you do come this weekend. It will be a lot of fun. If you are coming, please PM me for directions. I hope school goes well for you. My lazy butt is afraid to go back since I don't know what is up with my hubby's situation. I think I want to try a few nursing classes before actually changing my major to nursing. I was going for elementary education but no jobs right equals no fun. It would also be quicker to get a two year degree and make more money and then get my bachelor degree later on after I had money.

As for me, I'm really bored, really missing my hubby, really tired of not being with him, and really sick of complaining about it and living it day in and day out. After a whole year of trying not to think about him being away, it gets to be the same thing and you start to think about him more. I wonder if I will ever get to see him again. Its like working for the Emperor(Bush) where he tells you that it is inevitable and it is your destiny and persuades you to the dark side. I will never see my husband again since he has been persuaded to the dark side.(I know- I'm such a nerd!)

17. LeiaYT1300

Mar 7, 2002
    Thanks for the congrats on the weight loss, guys! It's a great incentive to keep at it. I bought a pair of size 14 jeans a week and a half ago (I haven't bought a 14 in nearly three years!), and already they are becoming too loose! :D I tried the 12 at the time, and while I got in them, they were a little too tight for me to want to buy them, but now that the 14 is loose, well, needless to say, I'll have to scrounge up more cash (Gap jeans are expensive, but they are the only ones that fit me properly, being small-waisted).

And I think it's great the weightloss you've accomplished, Laura. To quote Martha Stewart, it's good thing. :)

And, Dawn, my sister is a vegetarian and she's been doing Atkins as long as my mom has. I think she's been supplementing her protein with alot of eggs (she's lacto-vegetarian, or whatever that technical term is for one who includes eggs and dairy), eggplant, nuts and mushrooms, as well as some beans (you're not supposed to have beans on this diet, but my mom and sis have made some modifications so that she would eat the beans with the least carbs). If you want, I can give you a more detailed list of what she does for her version of Atkins.

But having done Atkins only semi-religiously (yes, I have cheated a couple of times and enjoyed my pasta), I think the simple idea of limiting carbs daily is the best way to go. The USDA recommends a daily value of 300 carbs, but really, after doing this diet, I think the average person only needs 50-150. And it's amazing where you get your carbs from. Soda and sugar are the worst culprit, even though bread and pasta are bad. I was drinking 3-4 Cokes a day, and each Coke had 32 carbs in it. That's almost a third of the daily carbs in liquid alone! Truly an incentive to drop soda!

Well, I'm rattling off at the mouth here. I'm 10 away from my high school weight, and it's making me a bit giddy!

Anyway, back to work, and you take care, Laura. I've listened to Jenni's feelings on her husband's absence and I can certainly empathize you as well. You two are in my thoughts that your husband and her's will come home safe and sound soon. :)

18. LauedGiind

Sep 4, 2002
    Thanks Beret! :)

One way that I went around the whole soda issue was switching to Diet Coke. At first, I hated the taste but then I acquired it. Now regular soda is too sweet for me. Eventually, I want to stop drinking soda so much. I want to do that so when I want to have a baby it won't be so hard on me. Caffeine is really bad for pregnant women so it is better to start early than never. Of course, I'm thinking of the future. It would be a little hard to explain to my hubby what happened to me while he was gone. Yeah, that would go over really well. I'm not like that anyway. Besides, I am really enjoying this new me with all the weight I lost. I can't imagine having a baby right away just to gain some of it back. People can't tell me that it is different from your average weight gain because there is always extra poundage that you will have after the baby is born- at least people have told me that.

19. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    Holy long posts, Batman! I'll just say this: congrats to everyone who deserves it, good luck to all who need it, and everything else to everyone else. :)

20. Jedi_Knight_Isadore

Jul 1, 2002
    Okay, I just wanted to say...I have DSL again after about 10-11 days on dial-up. That was hell...and I never want to do it again.

Devan

21. SySnootles

SySnootles Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    I still am in shock about the passing of John Ritter. I can't even think of anything to say about it. I'm just speechless...

22. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    No kidding. Him and Johnny Cash.

And they were both doing well with their comebacks.

23. Skywalker1138

Skywalker1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002

[hr]

[b]Man, I got all three SASE + letters I sent out to get an autograph from Hayden Christensen back because the addresses weren't current anymore--that boy moves around too much! Argh! [/b]

Well, I've got tons of others out right now for other actors... speaking of, one of them is [b]Christian Bale[/b]--omg, he's up to play Batman in Batman 5!!!!!!!!! WHOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! He's W.A. Mozart for today's age in the actor's world as far as I'm concerned--never seen better. What a babe too!

Looking forward to LOTR: ROTK coming out in only a few months---yea yea yea!

BTW, great icon Jedi_Knight_Isadore!

[i]
    PS--great at the diet Beret--looking good! (I'm on one too, but Atkin's isn't for me as I'm not interested in too much protein--I've lost over 20 lbs myself since March)[/i]

24. Auraveda

Auraveda Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2001
    For all you Adult Swim fans out there, aparently the guy who does the voice of Captain Murphy on Sealab 2021 has also died.

Today is cursed!!

25. LauedGiind

Sep 4, 2002
    I was so shocked with the news that John Ritter passed away. He was doing well with his new show and all. It goes to show you that Sept. 11 and the day after is truly cursed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.