main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***OFFICIAL*** Milwookiee Lounge II

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by Bishop76, Feb 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    The second saddest death this month, for me, is that of Johnny Cash (and if it wasn't for my uncle, Cash would be the first). I am happy that just last Monday I was listening to his music while driving through the Nevada desert. We were listening to the Johnny Cash & Willie Nelson "VH1 Storytellers" album. There was nothing to see for miles and miles but sand, sagebrush, dust devils, hazy blue mountains in the distance, and the open road, and nothing to hear but (Ghost) Riders in the Sky, Don't Take Your Guns To Town, Drive On, I Still Miss Someone, and Folsom Prison Blues. I don't think I've ever experienced a more perfect moment.

2. Skywalker1138

Skywalker1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
    I was also shocked about John Ritter's death--I mean, I think everyone was--the thing is, when I first heard it, I only caught the end of a news blurb, so I thought I misunderstood... over the course of the next few days I learned that it was accurate that he died so I called my mom and inquired about how--she told me it was a heart artery problem he didn't know he had... really freaks me out--makes me want to get a heart scan already... jeez.

3. LauedGiind

LauedGiind Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    My dad's side of the family has died around the age of 50 due to heart conditions. My dad had a stent put into his heart at the age of 48. He will be 50 this coming March. I am kind of freaked out about it. I know that we have not had the best relationship in the past few years due to how he treated me as a child but it still freaks me out. I am scared of having a heart attack. I have been wanting to go see a doctor to get a heart scan because there is a strong hereditary condition in my family for it. Now my dad tells me that they found a pollop on his intestine and I found out that there is a family history of intestinal cancer. I guess I'm doomed either way. You have to die sometime but I don't want to die around the age of 50. That's only 24 years away!

4. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    I was much more upset at Johnny Cash's death that John Ritter's. Cash just meant so much more to me. Ritter was a funny guy, but the Man in Black will be missed more for me.

5. JAKEFETT

JAKEFETT Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 10, 2003
    I was sad to hear about both of their deaths, especially Ritter's since he was only 54.

6. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
  7. LauedGiind

Sep 4, 2002
    Hey all! My hubby called from Iraq yesterday and says he is doing fine. It sounds like he is adjusting as best he can in the living conditions. He says that they can only take a shower once a week and they use a cup or a small hole in the ground for bathroom facilities. He was mentioning that toilet paper was precious over there and that got me thinking about sending his battalion a care package. I was wondering if anyone here would be interested in participating in this. I finally got his address yesterday so that I can send this to him. Please let me know if you are interested. Even one item donated would be appreciated. :)

8. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    I'd be more than happy to contribute to that! I sent my cousin TP and pretzles and those seemed to be a hit with his unit. Let me know what I can donate!

9. jedisister

jedisister Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 2001
    Yea, Laura, I'd like to contribute as well. Let me know what and when and how to get it to ya...next book club meet?

10. LauedGiind

Sep 4, 2002
    Tracey- the next book club meeting is just fine.

Items that I am looking to send are T.P., baby wipes, food that doesn't melt, pocket games or games that are on key chains, playing cards,hygeine items.

Thanks Megan and Tracey! :)

11. jedisister

Dec 1, 2001
    YIKES!!! now i'm feeling kinda old and kinda young simultaniously!!! Mark Hamill is 52 today!!! well, uh happy bday Mark!! I didn't realize that he's only 22 yrs. old than me by 22 days!! freaky!!!

12. LauedGiind

Sep 4, 2002
    Yeah, it's a sign of the times when someone gets older. I thought he was in his forties though.

13. VadersArmpit

VadersArmpit Jedi Youngling

Feb 6, 2003
    Yo yo yo, what is up home boyyyz!! I'm sorry I've been out of touch, but I'm back in Plover again visiting family. They have a nice hiigh speed connection that's to good too pass up!

I'd like too get together with youz guys and knock back a few toddies. Shoot me a PM and I'll get it eventually. :p

14. Skywalker1138

Apr 7, 2002
    I'm so excited I gotta brag about this one just cause it's too cool:

I got an autograph from another Star Wars cast member, and guess who it was? I'll give you a hint--this is my first autograph from a cast member from the new trilogy...

....any guesses....

IT'S EWAN MCGREGOR!!!!!!!! WHOOHOO!!!!

15. LeiaYT1300

LeiaYT1300 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    :D :D :D

Lucky duck... ;)

16. Jedi_Wookiee

Jedi_Wookiee Jedi Youngling

Sep 4, 2002
    AWESOME!!! Is it personalized? I have one from Jeremy Bulloch that's personalized.

Tracey, where can I send you some things for the care package? Wait a minute...I think I had a....yeah, I did have an idea. On the Collector's Guild boards I posted an invite for a get together for Nov 9th, Sunday. I could have some things for you then. I'm out in the boonies of Johnson Creek but all are welcome; I'd love to actually meet everybody. Who's game?

17. LauedGiind

Sep 4, 2002
    Jenny, you are so lucky! How in the world did you get that autograph? Ever since I saw him in Down With Love, I have been literally drooling over him. You gotta tell me.

18. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    Yummy....eBay find? That's how I got my Carrie and Mark autographs.

19. Skywalker1138

Apr 7, 2002
    Jedi_Wookiee: No, it's not personalized. I like them personalized for sentimental reasons, but they actually have more monetary value when they're not.

I've been a celebrity autograph collector, much like my father, since I was 11 years old. But, there are years when I don't send out for any. I have a celebrity phone book, address book, and have connections that allow me to get autographs from direct sources--it just takes a lot of time and work to do it. I don't trust EBay (no offense) cause I can't be sure (even if there's a certificate included) that the autograph is authentic. The only way I collect them is by either meeting the celebrity or contacting them at home. Still, I'm not saying it always works. What I am saying though, is that after many years of doing it the right way, I have 4 autographs from Mark Hamill, 2 from Carrie Fisher, 1 from Frak Oz, 1 from Harrison Ford, 1 from David Prowse, 1 from Ewan McGregor, and a slew from non-Star Wars related celebrities--and best of all, they were FREE. If you want to ever send out for any, let me know and I'll give you some of my secrets.

Like I said, my dad got me pointed in the right direction, but sometimes you have to try several times before you get something back. A prime example of a continued failure is Orlando Bloom. He doesn't like to give out his autograph, and I've already tried 6 times. But, I'm not giving up. That's how I got Harrison Ford's eventually. From there on out any autographs received are due to having mail get there when the celeb. is actually around, and making a great enough impact. _ALWAYS_ include a SASE when sending out for one too.

20. LauedGiind

Sep 4, 2002
    Ok, I am really interested in getting Harrison Ford's autograph. He is my ultimate favorite actor. Can you point me in the right direction to get his autograph? I am also interested in Ewan McGregor's autograph as well.

21. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    You might as well try asking for God's autograph. Harrison never sends or even gives autographs out. He's not very good in that regard.

22. Skywalker1138

Apr 7, 2002
    Solo414: You're right that Harrison doesn't give out his autograph as freely as other celebrities, but it's not impossible. As a matter of fact, I got it myself. There's a method for doing it, and it takes effort, but it's not impossible...

Exclusively for LauedGiind, and for others to share, I've developed a list for you to....

COLLECT CELEBRITY AUTOGRAPHS

...on a new string--please see the official string for more info.

23. Jedi_Knight_Isadore

Jedi_Knight_Isadore Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2002
    I just got caught up on the thread. Been in my own little world for a while (mostly called work...50 hours in one week between 2 jobs!!!) Anyways, I have both Hayden's and Ewan's autograph...ebay find.

But anyways, I walked out of my weekend job today because of a ton of things. It was only 16 hours a week, but caused me more grief than almost any job I had in the past. I know I shouldn't have done that, but I could go on for hours about the things wrong with this place. And also another note, never work at a place where your mom is a manager. It just causes way too much problems for both. So now I am down to one job and looking for something else. Maybe now I will actually be able to see people on the weekends instead of going to bed early because I need to get up at 5:30am to get to a job by 6:30.

Devan

24. LauedGiind

Sep 4, 2002
    That's a bummer Devan. Do you go to school too? What kind of work experience do you have? I know my work place is always hiring in many positions and pays well enough where you would only need one job. Plus they have a tuition reimbursement plan as well. I just got hired not too long ago and I can say that it is the best job that I ever had. The people are really nice especially the supervisers and managers. I work for Covenant Business Office and I deal with the medical billing for the four Covenant Hospitals.
    As for what is going on in my life, I will just say that I am just trying to deal with what is currently happening around me. My hubby called on Sweetest Day! We had a fifteen minute conversation which is pretty long. However, it is never enough for me. I told him that I decided to buy off my brother's nice car and currently how much weight I lost(it is always exciting for me to talk about that). I still have not told him about the furniture I bought. Yeah, shame on me. I'll just say it is an anniversary gift. He is wanting new pictures of me but he still flashes the pictures of me that I had done professionally in March. I've been wanting to get my pictures taken since I have lost a lot of weight since last March. As for my hubby, he is ok but he told me some things that just have been freaking me out. He told me that every night some people are trying to take pop shots at his location. He also told me that the base next to him had been hit pretty bad and four people died. He added that they were getting shot at and one time it got so close that it barely missed him but got the guy next to him. The guy next to him got a "scratch" so he was lucky. Yeah, I am freaking out about this. I am having nightmares already but this just adds more anxiety on me. He told me that it was better out there than it was before. I don't know about that. I would have to tell Bush that he was wrong for saying that the major part of the war is over with. I think I was pretty dumb in thinking that my husband was in a safer location and I could relax. I am now pretty worried about him.

25. jedisister

Dec 1, 2001
    Laura...I'm sorry to hear things are rough for your hubby!! I hope for all military personal that this conflict will end soon and that he will return home to you safe and sound!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.