main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***OFFICIAL*** Milwookiee Lounge II

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by Bishop76, Feb 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Jerky

Darth_Jerky Jedi Youngling

Dec 16, 2002
    i started writing a book once. but then the dog ate it. seriously! (and this was obviously before I had a computer)

2. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
  3. bwing53

bwing53 Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2002
    That's awesome! Too bad our government is probably already using it for no kind of good.

4. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    On a completely unrelated note, I finally got myself one o' them fancy wireless keyboards and mouse. For no other reason than my last keyboard was sadly lactose intolerant..I had no idea that keyboards had a natural tendency towards it.

And I'll remember that the next time I try to feed my lovely keyboard a bowl of rice crispies.

M

*sigh*

5. Red_Jedi_Knight

Red_Jedi_Knight Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    YEAH!! Brian is coming home for the week end! next week end brian the guy in the 101st air borne is coming home. i'm sooo happy!!! yeah thanks for keeping him in your thoughts!
    Red*

6. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
  7. bwing53

May 7, 2002
    Boy, never saw that coming. He can now take his rightful place next to Todd Bridges.

8. BobaBen

BobaBen Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    That is funny :)

9. LeiaYT1300

LeiaYT1300 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    [face_laugh]

Too funny! :p

10. Idaara

Idaara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Thanks for the laugh!

11. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    WOO HOO!!!! Snow!! Finally some snow!

M

12. Auraveda

Auraveda Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2001
    Sure, it looks pretty, but it took me about a half hour to drive home from work at 5. It should be noted that I live about 8 or 10 blocks from where I work.

13. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    Did you guys JUST get snow today? I've been living with it since I got back to Oshkosh. I was wondering why all the TV stations out of Milwaukee were showing closings. Did you get hit bad?

14. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    Madison got close to 6 inches yesterday. And it was blowing like crazy.

Normally it takes me about 25 minutes to get home, but yesterday it took me 45 minutes. Good thing I left early, cause I got home at my normal time that way.

I love snow, but I hate the drivers out there who can't figure out how to drive in it. Don't they know that they should just stay off the roads? :p

15. LeiaYT1300

Mar 7, 2002
    Being a new driver (1 year this March), I was a little nervous. But I would have to say it wasn't the snow itself, but the wind. While I let my car warm up, I spent the time brushing the snow off my car (which had been sitting in the open lot next to the lake since 8am, and I walked out of work close to 5:30!). But it was a futile effort. The wind was so bad, it blew the snow right back on, and by the time I left the lot and turned on to Lincoln Memorial Drive, my back window was completely covered again (the rear defrost is virtually useless in this old car). I essentially drove home with my window down and the heat blasting, so I could see to merge and the fog on my windows would go away. And, interestingly, people were relatively courteous, and no one did anything stupid or foolhardy. The whole trip took about 5 minutes longer than the usual 15 I clock from work each day.

However, when I got to the alley to back into the garage, I positioned my car as usual, threw her in park, and got out to clean off my back window so I could see more clearly to back in. Took me all of 10 seconds, and I even threw on my hazards to be nice.
    Well, two morons coming out of Otto's liquor store decided not to be courteous, and started flashing their highbeams at me. Granted this a one-car-width alley, but they were delayed by me for no more than a minute or two at best. No reason for them to be so rude. I simply ignored them and took my jolly time. Needless to say, they were so impatient, that as soon as they had the barest minimum of room to pass me as I backed in, they were off, and none too slowly either, in at least 3-4 collected inches of blowing snow.

Reminds me why life as a hermit can be so tempting these days... [face_plain]

16. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    The wind was pretty bad up here too but we didn't get any new snow. We have about 4 or so inches here and the wind was blowing so hard it looked like it was snowing again. Thank god for my huge headphones that cover all my ears!

17. Red_Jedi_Knight

Red_Jedi_Knight Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    snow was very evil it took me hour and a half to get from 108th st and capital to southridge! it was very bad!

18. Idaara

Apr 29, 2002
    But the good thing about it is that it's over. Nice to see sunshine outside of my office window today. :)

19. bwing53

May 7, 2002
    This forum is brought to you by Pepto Bismol.

20. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    no kidding

I might need some before I regurgitate(sp?).

Good thing tomorrow is Valentines Day, so hopefully we don't have to be forced to endure these colors for long.

21. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    Great. My least favorite colors for my least favorite holiday. Thank god it's St. Pat's soon. I can deal with green.

22. SySnootles

SySnootles Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    Well, it's definitely different. As soon as I get used to this one, they'll go and change it on me. Oh well. Life goes on.

DVD Alert!!! I was at Walmart this morning picking up my Angel, Season One DVD box set when what catches my eye? A G.I. Joe 2 DVD set. Not the lame Cobra-La stuff. The good old Destro/Baroness/Duke/Cobra Commander stuff. Ten episodes (two miniseries). The set includes "A Real American Hero" and "The Revenge of Cobra." Can't wait to watch it.

23. Skywalker1138

Skywalker1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
    Terrific Star Wars Valentine's Designs here! These are outrageous! Very cool.

24. Idaara

Apr 29, 2002
    It's the website that coats, soothes, relieves. :)

25. LeiaYT1300

Mar 7, 2002
    Yes, can't wait for St. Pat's!

Mmmmm, corned beef...

<insert drooling Homer here>

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.