***OFFICIAL*** Milwookiee Lounge II

Discussion in 'Milwaukee, WI' started by Bishop76, Feb 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idaara Jedi Knight

star 3
    Not just corned beef...corned beef, cabbage and new potatoes. Yum!!
  2. ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Don't forget about colcannon soup!
  3. tello999 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Since I know there are quite a few Final Fantasy fans out here, I am posting the following...

I am on Squaresoft's email listing, and I just recieved a notification from them...On April 8th, they are releasing Final Fantasy Origins for PS2. This is a combo of two games, the original Final Fantasy, and Final Fantasy II, which was never officially released in the U.S. Both of the games have been remastered, and include great-looking CG movies (there were some pics in the email).

Just thought I'd pass it along...
  4. Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA•

star 6
    Corned beef? Cabbage? St. Patty's day is all about the fermenty smooth motor oil better known as a nice cold glass of Guiness. Actually, any day is a good day for Guiness.
  5. solo414 Jedi Master

star 4
    VALENTINES DAY IS FOR DRINKING. So is St. Pats, but I tend to drink the same amount on V-Day.
  6. TheWampas1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    Any morning is a good morning for Guiness.

M
  7. jedisister Jedi Master

star 3
    I hate V-Day. And I'm married. Not that it matters, haven't had a V-day w/my husband in like 4 yrs. But Oisin is very excited about her V-day party at school...so at least its good for someone!! And for ST. Paddy's day...Oisin will be in the ST. Paddy's day parade, so I hope its something close to almost warm.
  8. ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I would love to celebrate Valentine's Day by re-enacting the St. Valentine's Day Massacre... But that's just me. :D
  9. SySnootles Jedi Knight

star 3
    Happy Singles Awareness Day everyone!!

said the person who has been on three dates in six years...
  10. Idaara Jedi Knight

star 3
    Aww, Catie, that's SAD. ;)
  11. Auraveda Jedi Master

star 4
    I've never been fond of Valentine's Day myself either. It seems like a rather sadistic holiday custom designed to:

1. Make single people feel really bad about themselves.

2. Make married/dating people feel obligated to spend money on unnecessary chocolates, cards, flowers, or jewelry.

3. Make children have to write out stacks of cheap valentines for their classmates, otherwise everyone will get mad at them.

4. Generate oodles of ca$h for the people who sell chocolates, cards, flowers, jewelry, cheap valentines, and anti-depressants.
  12. solo414 Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok...If she's sad, I'm pathetic. 21 years old, never had a date. ;) Happy Get Drunk Day everybody!
  13. TheWampas1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    Actually, in terms of holiday. I put more stock in groundhog day than Valentine's Day. The reasons are almost exactly the same as Dawn's reasons. It actually serves no purpose. While I do not believe that any groundhog has skill with meteorlogical interpretation at least I HOPE the little fuzzy guys are right in that winter will be ending soon. As for Valentine's day it's just a big wuss day where folks spend a lot of money and listen to Barry White tryin' to get their groove on using some obscure holiday to do so. Bah..call me the Valentine's Grinch. Give me a real holiday....like Arbor day.

M
  14. LeiaYT1300 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm with you guys. I'm engaged to be married and I'm not keen on Valentine's Day. I liked it as a child, only because of the grotesque amounts of candy involved. But as I've gotten older (and my hips like the calories way too much), I've grown indifferent to Valentine's Day.

I usually give cards to my grandmother and my grandfather, and my parents/siblings, more out of habit than anything else. That's it. And this year, everyone was so wrapped up with life, that my family is not exchanging cards until next week just because we're all that far behind.

Bob and I never give each other Valentine's gifts. I'd smack Bob upside the head if he ever gave me a stuffed animal or something gushy like that--I don't need all the extra paraphernalia. And I wear the same darn bits of jewelry everyday, even though I have a sizable box at home, with stuff that rarely sees the light of day. And if he gave me a box of candy, half I couldn't eat because I'm severely allergic to nuts, and the other half would languish for the next several months in the cupboard, since I'm not a big sugar fiend.

It just isn't worth it. There are greater, more meaningful ways to say you love someone, and frankly, it means more when you say it on an ordinary day, than on the most commercialized day for romance in the country. And when you're single (I remember what it was like--I only had one boyfriend for three months before I met Bob, and only had one date ever before that), you really don't want to be reminded and bombarded with bad jewelry commercials, red hearts everywhere and cheesy cliches.

Like I said, who needs the calories anyway...?
  15. solo414 Jedi Master

star 4
    Marcy- LMAO. That was so funny...*whew* Comparing V-Day withe the fuzzy animal holiday...Too funny.
  16. LauedGiind Jedi Knight

star 2
    I must be the worst wife in the world. My husband sent me a Valentine's Day card which I received on Wednesday. It was so sweet. I meant to send him something back but the Army won't let them have candy in their barricks which is what I really wanted to get him. I have been meaning to send a card to him but I've been feeling so sick this whole week and I never sent him a card. How do I make it up to him?
  17. Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA•

star 6
    Send him one anyway....if he makes an issue you could just blame the army's mail system for the delay, with the code orange and all. Of course, the post mark will give it away, but any reasonable person will understand a delay due to sickness.

The official site has a hilarious AOTC Valentine's Day inspired death star plans image once you get past the main page, if you're interested. Given the image name, I'm sure they'll change it back to normal by Monday, so I've saved it in case someone reads this and has missed it.
  18. Red_Jedi_Knight Jedi Master

star 3
    i've been able to send brian cookies since he's in.. i guess 're-training' right now. they seemed to make it to him okay...
  19. CaptMereel Jedi Knight

star 3
    Valentine's Day is a commercial holiday solely for the benefit of card, flower and candy companies. Personally, my favorite holiday is Halloween, for what it was originally, and Memorial Day, for what it stands for and who we are remembering.
  20. LauedGiind Jedi Knight

star 2
    OK, I am currently in the process of moving. I am thoroughly sick of seeing boxes everywhere I go and my cat keeps jumping into the empty ones that I need to have stuff packed in. I'm going to go insane!!!! It will all be over in a week and then I will have to unpack everything. How fun!!!! I wish I had magical powers to move everything by magic. Even the Force would not be enough.

Oh, the Army mail system is slower than a snail. It moves at the pace of a sloth. I have had so much returned mail sent back to me since Tom has been at different training sites in the Army. It irritates me to get a piece of mail that I sent him in October returned to me in January. That is why I won't send chocolates to him for Valentines Day. I thought about boxer shorts with little hearts on them but I don't know how badly he would get teased for them. I'll get him something good for him this weekend in between the packing and the cold.
  21. jedihexer Jedi Master

star 2
    All I can say is I hate this holiday very much- and I for one am glad it is over!

If you can't say you love everyone year round...1 day is not going to make up for it with a card and a box of stale chocolates...

I prefer St. Pat's day- Corn beef, and beer!!!

Now that's an Imperial holiday!

Eric
  22. solo414 Jedi Master

star 4
    Did I get loaded last night. I had about 5 beers and then my first Guinness. But I made it thru V-Day without crying, yelling, etc. My friends and I just went out, drank, and had a great time. It was a great V-Day actually! Being able to legaly drink makes it better. :)
  23. DarthWK Jedi Padawan

Being able to legally drink makes everything better, I've found. ^_^
  24. TwistyMaeSkywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    And once again, the day of hell for the single woman is over. Bah humbug on love, I say! And I had to stay sober, which made things far worse. At least I could console myself watching horrible teen romance movies and eating massive ammounts of ice cream.
  25. A_New_HopeLily Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yeah... Valentine's Day was horrible. I cried to my mom on the phone for like 45min... it was bad.

Oh yeah.. I'm back :)

Cally
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.