main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***OFFICIAL*** Milwookiee Lounge II

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by Bishop76, Feb 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    Congrats on what sounds like a wonderful wedding, Jenni!

2. Idaara

Idaara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Congratulations, newlyweds!

3. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    Congrats Jenni and Kevin!!!

When Kevin returns, you can have a second reception for those who couldn't attend your quickie wedding, since your original number of 150 was cut to 40.

We had two receptions, since most of my family couldn't go to the wedding due to not being able to travel so far. My mother threw the second one for us, when we came to visit.
    Not long after that, we decided to move up here, but that's another story.

Kell and I are very happy for you both and wish you both a long and happy life together.

Rick

4. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    Congrats Jenni!

It sounds like even though it was rushed and there weren't as many guests as you had planned, all the truly "important" elements were present anyway.

5. Skywalker1138

Skywalker1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
    Thanks so much for your happiness -- we are also so happy. Things are looking more like I won't know where Kevin is being sent, and soon he won't have his cell anymore either. Then it gets tricky. We're looking for a postmaster address in the US Army where we can exchange mail who will then forward my letters to wherever Kevin is.

For a few pics of the wedding:
    My Big, Fat, Greek Wedding

6. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    Congratulations Jenni. The pictures were priceless. I hope that everything works out with Kevin.

7. LeiaYT1300

LeiaYT1300 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    It's just amazing how great those pics turned out! Each one of them is a keeper! :)

8. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    Jenni, you look RADIANT in those pictures. Just beautiful. :) That was the happiest thing I've seen in a while. Congrats again and good luck to Kevin!!

9. bwing53

bwing53 Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2002
    What a good looking couple! Congrats again, Jenni! And let me just say that it was a stroke of genius planning ahead on the license. Put it somewhere where you can find it though; Maureen and I found ours when we moved three months ago, after having it "misplaced" for two years (I hadn't see it since the ceremony).
    Good luck to Kevin--keep us informed when (if) you find out what he's up to>

:)

10. Skywalker1138

Skywalker1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
    Thanks! I will keep that in mind. Kevin's dad talked to the Courthouse in Waukesha where we got married and his dad is going to pick up the official documents for us. Then it's my responsibility to make sure I keep it in a good place.

I got a call from the military today. Kevin is supposed to give me a "signed DD1172 form" before he leaves from the military so that I can schedule to get a military ID on base at Silver Spring, so they *do* have the ability to produce IDs there. I hope he remembers. That's a good thing. Secondly, they told me that from 7:30 a.m. - 10 a.m. they're having a ceremony to send off the soldiers tomorrow at the State Fair, and then they're having a briefing for emergency procedures afterwards. I talked to Lisa about it and said I don't expect to take off and could go to Wausau instead on the weekend. She said if she were me she'd try to take off tomorrow. So, I left a message with the owner, and we'll see if it pans out or not. If I go to this thing I won't have to go to Wausau on Sunday. But if I do, *ROAD TRIP* (lol).

11. Red_Jedi_Knight

Red_Jedi_Knight Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    hey i need a bit of help. everyone at my school seems to think i'm racist now and it's all because i wanted to have an intelligent discussion at lunch. i had seen an artical in the MSJ asking "is black history month really nesisarry?" or something like that and i asked on of the girls at lunch. before lunch was over i had another girl yelling at me for being stupid and dumb and how she couldn't believe i was that 'evil'. i guess i don't get it. i think it's not fair because they don't do that for any other culture just blacks. and i know blacks have gone through a lot but why single them out. it doesn't seem to be good practice. so not am a rasict. i feel bad cause i'm not but no one really wants to listen to what i have to say they all just think i'm wrong with out even listening to me. *sniff* buger all.

12. bwing53

May 7, 2002
    Race is a sensitive topic. My own experience is that one needs to pick the forum and approach the topic in a sensitive way, with a good deal of tact. Keep in mind that we live in the age of the perpetually offended.

13. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Keep in mind also that Black History Month is a great idea just like Women's History month. Unfortunately, History can only be told from the perspective of those that have written it and even more unfortunately it's taught almost exclusively from that particular point of view.

Sometimes it's good to hear the story from both sides and that's all Black History Month is trying to do. And as for why "Them" I believe I stated my point very clearly elsewhere. I suggest using tact when broaching this particular subject as you've found out..very little good can come out of this particular discussion.

As for whether or not Black History Month is necessary. Recognition, appreciation and education isn't /necessary/ (READ: OOdles of sarcasm).

And if you don't like being called a racist, I suggest you let this one go.

M

14. Jedi_Knight_Isadore

Jedi_Knight_Isadore Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2002
    I really hate to do this to the poor kitten, but I think I can't keep Kenobi anymore. Kaeten, my 3 year old cat, pulled out
    another one of his claws, and this has only happened when there was another cat in the house.

Joan, do you think he would get a long with his litter mates again. He still needs to have his shots and neutered. I'll help pay for that when I can. Please let me know.

Thanks

Devan :(

15. Auraveda

Auraveda Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2001
    I didn't hear the conversation obviously, so I don't know if it would be possible at this point to make this argument, but you could argue that what you meant was that just having black history month seems a bit odd. If we're going celebrate the historical contributions of minorities then we should strive to recognize other minorities as well. What about a Hispanic history month? Or perhaps some time focusing on the history of Asians in America?

It would be best if we didn't need a black history month, but we do. The traditional history curriculum is very white/euro/male oriented.

Then again if this would totally contradict things that you've already said and make you look worse to these people, don't say anything. Just drop it. If someone brings it up again you could just say something like you don't want to talk about it, that you didn't explain your thoughts clearly enough and everyone misunderstood you, it was all a big misunderstanding and that it'd be best not to labor the issue.

16. Red_Jedi_Knight

May 7, 2002
    that's what i thought if you do it for one do it for all. i want a german history month. but i don't think the people who said it want to know what i really said. they just don't want to like me and this gives them a reason. my school is that sad. :(

17. Auraveda

Auraveda Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2001
    Americans of german descent aren't really an oppressed minority though...

18. chumley

chumley Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2003
    Party at my place tonight! PM me for directions! :D

|||^ Rupes out! ^|||

19. Red_Jedi_Knight

May 7, 2002
    hey everybody!! if you would all be so kind as to go to Http://www.620wtmj.com and read the part called "in our voice" it has a link that says sign the petition but all i'm asking is that you read the letter that goes with it. if you do please pm me if you sign. the petition is in support of our troops. not the war. not bush. not saddam. just the men and women who are being sent to the middle east and those who are being called up for active duty. and even those who aren't yet.
    the troops need to know that all the people who are saying they are anti war aren't really sure of what they are saying. we don't need to be anti war we need to be anti saddam. so please sign the petition and let the troops know you care.

Red*

20. bwing53

May 7, 2002
    I HIGHLY recommend you read this letter carefully. I am fully in support of our troops. I am not in support of the government nor the Commander- In-Chief in this matter. That letter does tip it's cap to the brave men and women who have made careers or volunteered to help protect this country, but it's crafted by VERY conservative news media types who carry on each day about why we have to go into Iraq. I know, because I listen to Charlie Sykes and Jeff Wagner every day, and Sykes especially wants nothing to do with anyone who is anti-war. In his eyes, if you are anti-war (w/Iraq), you are anti-America. And that, my friends, is a steaming pantsload of crap as far as I'm concerned. I will not sign this petition, because it's agenda isn't to support the troops, it is to support the president's use of the troops, and to condemn the "liberal left" who speak out against the war. I, for one, admire our troops and have nothing but the utmost respect for them. I hope that if they are called to action that every last one of them comes home walking, not in a bag. And when they do come home, I will cheer them, because they're a hell of a lot braver then I am. God bless them all.

I will now put the soapbox away.

Jason

21. Idaara

Idaara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    She crossposted into "Peace throughout the world" and I put my response there.

Nothing against you, Red, so please don't take it that way. There are just some topics (the war and race) that people will never fully see eye to eye on no matter what the opinion is.

22. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    "..the troops need to know that all the people who are saying they are anti war aren't really sure of what they are saying."

I know EXACTLY what I am saying.

Obviously everyone supports the troops - people seem to think that is an issue with people that do not support the war. It is not.

23. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Congratulations! I saw pictures in other forum. No one would ever know it was in 3 days. You look so happy. :)

24. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    Devon and I have worked it out and Kenobi has come to our house to make his new home. Tahiri gave him a hard time for a couple of hours and then Zekk took over as the big brother. Soon they were all three sitting together on the same chair. The two boys are both sleeping there together right now. Tahire has gone off to sulk under the other chair. I think that her little brother might give her some competition for who runs this house. Thanks Devon for giving us a chance to share the joy that is Kenobi.

25. LauedGiind

LauedGiind Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    Ok everyone- I am now in my new place. I am literally covered with bruises all over my body from all the stuff I carried. All I want to say is that I never want to move again. I just got my computer set up today so I am starting to feel like things are finally coming together.

First of all I would like to wish Jenni a big congrats on her wedding. The pictures were beautiful. I cannot believe that was done only on a three day notice. I would also like to welcome you to the military life. It is a very mysterious lifestyle because you never know what direction the Army will send you or if your letters will ever make it to your husband. I have had so many letters returned to me that I sent my husband that it makes me mad. My advice on the Army postal system is to keep your cool and eventually one letter will make it to your husband.
    Well, I have to go unpack some more boxes but I am now back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.