main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***OFFICIAL*** Milwookiee Lounge II

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by Bishop76, Feb 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedisister

jedisister Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 2001
    Parade info is: St. Patty's Day Parade will be this Sat. at 12:30, downtown Milwaukee, parking is only a quarter. Not 100% sure of the exact parade route, but I do know that part of it will be on Wisconsin Ave near the Midwest Express Center.

Jason, Oisin has been w/Cashel since Sept. She wasn't able to make her Debut last Tues. w/the rest of her class because she was sick, but she'll being "performing" at her school and another school on Fri.
    She really enjoys dancing, so hopefully she will stay with it. We're planning on her being at Irish Fest this year, so if you're there, be sure to go see the Cashel-Dennehy dancers!!

2. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    I'll do my best to make it and cheer for the dancers!

3. JediMasterLambda

JediMasterLambda Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 1, 2002
    Hey, while at that parade don't forget those of us from DePere/Ashwaubenon who will be in the parade in New York!

4. jedisister

Dec 1, 2001
    Well, aren't you just lucky!! What are you doing in the NYC parade?

5. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    I was invited to go to Boston for St. Pat's. That would be SWEET.

Too bad I have NO money for such an adventure. I'd be going to a "convention" (in quotes b/c it's mostly drinking and talking) about another of my favorite movies.

6. Skywalker1138

Skywalker1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
    New on Chris Reeve HERE

7. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    Isn't it amazing where medical technology is heading? That's great news for Chris and for all people on respirators.

8. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    ...no talking of consuming alcohol...but there's a huge Guiness on the banner...

m

9. Idaara

Idaara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    I saw it too...whassup with that?

BTW, nice to see, from the lack of posts, that everyone was enjoying the nice weather. :)

10. Auraveda

Auraveda Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2001
    Apparently the administration is a big believer in "do as we say, not as we do."

The weather was stunning today. I got to go for a nice long walk in the park this morning. Ahhh... trees. :)

11. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    I don't know what the heck is wrong with my parents computer, but I can't see the new banner. It's the same old golden one they've had forever. That and I can't login to another message board I post on. This computer SUCKS. I can't wait to get back to mine at school.

12. SkyJammer

SkyJammer Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2000
    I was invited to go to Boston for St. Pat's. That would be SWEET.

And I just came back from Boston. I didn't even think about being there for St. Patty's day.

I probably would've not been able to handle it had I been there on the holiday. :)

-Phil

13. bwing53

bwing53 Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2002
    I was so bummed that I had to be cooped up inside at work until 6 on Saturday, but today's weather just ROCKED! Man, we had a long wait for this stuff, didn't we? A sign of better things to come, hopefully.

Hey, I like to knock a few cold ones back as much as the next guy (or gal, as the case may be), but along with a Happy St. Pat's Day wish to my fellow Milwookies, I would PLEASE ask that if you're gettin' loaded on Monday, to stay the hell off the roads unless you're: a) On the bus; b)Walking; or c) Riding with a (sober) designated driver. Have fun, but be safe, kids!

Jason

14. Idaara

Apr 29, 2002
    "Stay off the road unless you're walking..."

Yea, 'cuz all the drunks will be on the sidewalks today! ;)

15. jedisister

Dec 1, 2001
    WOW!! Sat. was an awesome day for the parade!! Oisin had a total blast being in the Cashel-Dennehy truck and I had fun walking behind!! :cool:
    If I can figure out how, I'll post a pic or 2 of her in her costume and at her first performance.

{Does anyone know how I can link a pic from "my pictures" in my computer to here? I'm so clueless on this stuff!! [face_blush] }

16. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    It would be best to upload the pics to some place on the web, then link from there instead.
    Otherwise, you would need to have your computer on and connected to the internet full time for everyone to see the pics.

I'm sure someone around here could help you out with where to upload them.

17. LeiaYT1300

LeiaYT1300 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Yahoo has a nice, free, online photo album where you can upload the photos, and then post the link to the album here. I find it's the easiest way. :)

18. SkyJammer

SkyJammer Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2000
    I'd agree about Yahoo except that Yahoo will resize your picures. It didn't always; sometime after Yahoo! Clubs and Yahoo! Groups merged to Yahoo! Groups, that happened. But if you're fine with the pictures being potentially smaller than what you see on your hard drive, then Yahoo! would be a good option.

You could also open up a Yahoo! Briefcase, if you don't want to have a full Group.

Yahoo! Briefcase: http://briefcase.yahoo.com

Yahoo! Groups: http://groups.yahoo.com

You need to have a Yahoo! ID to open up a Briefcase or Group and post pictures.

EDIT: Okay, I decided it might be cool to have a place where any of us could post pictures or files if webspace isn't available.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/milwookiecouncilfiles/

I've disabled the messaging portion of this, so don't expect any E-mails (unless it's some special thing); I mean, that's why we have this board, right? ;-)

So give it a trial run. Maybe it'll be used, maybe it won't.

I think tonight I'll add a few pictures from the Hasbro event that I didn't shrink.

Many pictures were shrunk 50%, and many more were cropped and then shrunk; none of the pictures on ASM are at full size.

-Phil

19. jedisister

Dec 1, 2001
    Thanks Phil!! Maybe we could post that address up on the topic board if thats possible.

I added a couple of pics of Oisin, feel free to check them out. Just go to the link that Phil provided and when you get there, click the Photos.

20. jedisister

Dec 1, 2001
    Wow, did the boards get quiet. Everyone must be watching the news. or not?

21. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    I'm feigning work! :D

22. Idaara

Apr 29, 2002
    Funny link of the day. Enjoy!

Time to Bomb Saddam

Edit: I've feigned work too much lately due to lack of work that I'm happy I have stuff to do today.

BTW, Happy Spring, everyone!

23. Idaara

Apr 29, 2002
    Two vultures board an airplaine, each one carrying two dead raccoons. The stewardess looks at them and says, "I'm sorry gentlemen, only one carrion allowed per passenger."

Did you hear that NASA recently put a bunch of Holseins into low earth orbit? They called it the herd shot around the world.

Two bol weevils grew up in South Carolina. One went to Hollywood and became a famous actor. The other stayed behind in the cotton fields and never amounted to much. The second one, naturally, became known as the lesser of two weevils.

Two Eskimos sitting in a kayak were chilly, but when they lit a fire in the craft, it sank proving once again that you can't have your kayak and heat it, too.

A three-legged dog walks into a saloon in the Old West. He slides up to the bar and announces, "I'm looking for the man who shot my paw."

Did you hear about the Buddhist who refused Novacain during a root canal? He wanted to transcend dental medication.

A group of chess enthusiasts checked into a hotel and were standing in the lobby discussing their recent tournament victories. After about an hour, the manager came out of the office and asked them to disperse. "Why?" they asked, as they moved off. "Because," he said, "I can't stand chess nuts boasting in an open foyer."

A woman has twins and gives them up for adoption. One of them goes to a family in Egypt and is named Amal. The other goes to a family in Spain and they name him Juan. Years later, Juan sends a picture of himself to his birth mother. Upon receiving the picture, she tells her husband that she wishes she also had a picture of Amal. Her husband responds, "They're twins! If you've seen Juan, you've seen Amal."

These friars were behind on their belfry payments, so they opened up a small florist shop to raise funds. Since everyone liked to buy flowers from the men of God, a rival florist across town thought the competition was unfair. He asked the good fathers to close down, but they would not. He went back and begged them to close. They ignored him. So, the rival florist hired Hugh McTaggart, the roughtest, most vicious thug in town to "persuade" them to close. Hugh beat up the friars and trashed their store, saying he'd be back if they didn't close up shop. Terrified, they did so, thereby proving that Hugh, and only Hugh, can prevent florist friars.

And finally, there was a woman who posted ten different puns on the boards in the hope that at least one of the puns would make them laugh - unfortunately, no pun in ten did. ;)

24. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    *GROAN*

25. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    That was really bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.