main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Official MMORPG Thread!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Talon_Wolfe, Nov 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KleptoKlown

KleptoKlown Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 5, 2004
    Just wondering witch Galaxy on SWG yall are on... and if maybe I could get some names of chars so maybe I could hook up with you once I get mine finally working. If not... I might just cry ;)

2. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
  3. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    No the crying will begin when you START playing.

4. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    hehehehe Axia is very anti Galaxies.

5. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    Well Axia I was with you all the way on this one until I logged back in. Now I freaking can't stop playing! All I want to do and ever wanted to do is become a Jedi and now that I can see that is possible, and it is freaking awesome once you're there, I can't stop trying to get there. I finally got my force sensitivity and am waiting for an old man to visit me so I can start the real path. And it will take months to get there, but I think it will be worth it once Keldran Landragon has the title Dark Jedi Master under his name.

6. Inaen

Inaen Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 17, 2002
    Im bringin this thread to the top so we can discuss a medieval type game to get into, anyone know of one other than EQ2 and WoW? I looked into Lineage II, the siege feature of the game isnt bad but it doesnt look all that good. Any one know of any others. Im kinda needing to scratch my middle ages itch.

----------------off topic------------
    oh by the way for all those who read Robert Jordan Wheel of time books, his next book is coming out in October called Knife of Dreams......wouldnt it be cool if they took the WoT series and made it into an mmorpg and did it right? oohhh....id die happy right then and there.

7. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    Welllll Im playing EQ2 right now. I tried Lineage 2 and didnt like it at all. And the character creation in that game just blows. Everyone looks the same.

8. Inaen

Inaen Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 17, 2002
    hey axia, could you give me your take on the game sofar? char creation, how they look. hey can you make a black guy?

hows the game play, pvp and stuff like that. and lastly is it fun and worth the freaking monthly wage I would be paying?

9. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    Well I cancelled my SWG account again. I was extremely addicted to it, but then for Christmas and bday I got a lot of video games to play. I have not logged in now for over a month and I don't feel that addiction anymore so I'm done for now. I am still trying to play Bloodlines, KOTOR 2, Tony Hawk Underground 2, Fable, and Madden 2005 so I will be busy with those for a long time still. Who knows, maybe they'll make jedi more fun to get to after the glowie part. It was a lot of fun to work towards FS, but the insanely long grind after that = no fun at all. They are making a ton of huge improvements to the game now and JTL is a lot of fun so I probably will be back again sometime soon.

10. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Sorry to see you go.

I am glowie myself, and now I am gettting ready for working towards unlocking the force sensitive trees.

Thus far, it's been really fun to me.

What was Keldran's professions?

11. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    Master Marksman, Master Artisan, Novice Commando, Novice TK, Novice Architect, Novice Weaponsmith, Novice Shipwright, and Tier 2 Imperial Pilot. Previous jaunts up Doc, Bio-Eng, Pistoleer, Rifleman, and CH. I'll be back once I start finishing all the console games I have, it just doesn't make sense to pay the money if I'm not actively playing. Hopefully they tweak a few things in space combat and the stuff from the Combat Revamp look awesome, especially the GCW stuff. So I will be back.

12. BrigadierGeneralBobo

BrigadierGeneralBobo Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2005
    Well I will make sure Talon lets you know whats happening in that game. But for now, there's a war brewin!!!

Or is that coffee?

Nevermind! See you in the other thread!

13. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    So what is everyone playing now? Once I finish KOTOR 2 I will start Fable, then once that's done I'll be jumping back into the world of online games again. Galaxies does hold some interest, but I've also been checking out EQ2 and getting the station pass to play both. But so far EQ2 doesn't look like its very nice to solo players, and I don't like grouping too much. I've also looked at WoW, but I'd like to hear about it from someone who's played it, whether or not its solo friendly and fun. As much as I like Galaxies, I'm constantly looking for that new fresh feel to games.

14. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Talk to Draaco about WoW. Maybe I can get him to post here about it.

15. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    Or I can just play it, since I bought it last night! I'm pretty sure I'm a MMORPG junkie and I had to get a fix with something new. I'm almost positive its a cheaper drug than cocaine or heroin or something, but just as addictive.

Anyway, I like it so far, its a lot of fun and it has the greatest opening movie I have ever seen in terms of graphic quality. I made a bunch of different chars, but only played Gerson, the Undead Warlock for a little while and got him to lv4. I do enjoy the game so far especially its easy UI and easy quest system. Much better than any other game I've played in those regards.

16. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Hi, my name is Sarah, and I'm a WoW junkie. Discovered the game yesterday and I'm level 11 already. :D

I just want to say it's such a cool game! Much better than Galaxies or Quest for Camelot (the only two I've ever played).

Viva la MMORPGs!!!

17. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    I just hit 7 myself and its totally fun. One of the coolest things about it is the way they handle death. I can die and come back at the NEAREST graveyard as a ghost and walk to my body with no penalty. When I come back at that graveyard, I can choose to ressurect there for a small exp penalty. And of course there are classes that can ressurect dead people without the trouble of a graveyard. 0 xp loss and 0 item loss makes it the best death system out there!

18. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    I agree. It's much better than on Galaxies where you had to run in your undies to your body to get your stuff. LOL

Although I'm sad right now. My server is the only one that is down :(

19. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Eh? I never ran in my undies to get stuff in Galaxies.

Although in Asheron's Call, that was a way of life.

CORPSE RUN!!! Those were the days.

20. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    I have now a lv 10 undead warlock, lv 10 night elf druid, and a lv 10 dwarf warrior. I started a tauren hunter last night and will get him to 10. After I get each class to 10, I'll increment by 2's unless one class stands out as, well outstanding. Then I might play it a little longer. Druid was a pain for those 10 levels because they're not great fighters, but at lv 10 I got shapeshifting and can use bear form, so now I can mow stuff down easily. I love WoW so far.

21. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Level 18 Paladin. I'm sticking with one character because I don't want to spend TOO much time on there ;)

And the undie run on Galaxies was right at the beginning of the game. I played the day it came out. Then I stopped after a few months because I went back to school. A year later I decided to give it a go again and got freaked out by the little droid that followed me around and all the other weird stuff that was out there. Ah and my characters were erased too, so that sucked.

22. Darth-Kevin-Thomas

Darth-Kevin-Thomas Jedi Master star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    nice, more people playing WOW

i have a lvl 34 gnome warrior thats in a RP server. Me and my brother Roleplayed two gnome warriors and they are so dang funny.

I have some screens a few pages back

dkt

23. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    I added a lv 10 Tauren Hunter, and got a human mage to 6 before i gave up the quest to play classes i don't care about. I went back to my undead warlock thats now lv 13, i'll play him and the druid the most i think. The warrior and hunter were fun and a lot easier to level so I'm sure I'll play them when I just feel like bashing heads in. Combat is very involved as a warlock trying to manage mana and health. I'm glad I got my Voidwalker now though, he's a nice little tank for me.

24. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    LOL... see I'm my own tank. That's the nice thing about being a Paladin.

Level 21 now. Yay!!!

So what servers is everyone on??

25. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    I'm on Thunderhorn. Its nice to have an instant tank with me all the time. I just put some DoTs on his guy and then fight my own 1 on 1 so its like killing 2 guys at the same time. XP is coming much more quickly now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.