main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq [Official Mos Alba Event] - Bubonicon 37

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by BrotherHalo, Jul 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Si!

The idea for fund-raising is three-fold:

1. Raffle - raffling off prizes to be awarded on Sunday (maybe Saturday). I have a few Episode I figures from Karen (THANK YOU!), a '77 Don Post Vader Helmet, and some patches from Christov. Impending donations from Andromeda/Ulic, Gecko, and black_8ight are coming in as well...

2. "Silent Auction" - Star Wars signs from bobasparxx. Anyone can bid on these. There are some nice pieces that would make great decorations. I've got floor decals, POPs, and more.

3. Begging - err... I mean solicitations. I am having a jar and a box at the table for donations to Children's Miracle Network, Toys for Tots, and Make-A-Wish. I am working with our fellow costumed members to solicit donations as well during the weekend. You know, "Please donate to our charity, sir, or I'll have to take my rifle and split your face open" type of thing! [face_laugh] And yes, I'm joking.

2. Commander_Clem

Commander_Clem Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    OK, I got some customs I'll crank out and add to the mix....Utapau Clone trooper, Neyo and a 501st

3. Bloodclaw65

Bloodclaw65 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2004
    :_| That no fun... we can't hit them with the gun butt[face_laugh]

4. Qui-Gon-Matt

Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2005
    A gaffi stick in the junk will usually do the trick!

5. Bloodclaw65

Bloodclaw65 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2004
  6. Commander_Clem

May 28, 2005
    [face_hypnotized]

Wait, so what does "Junk in the trunk" Mean then?

7. Qui-Gon-Matt

Apr 20, 2005
  8. Commander_Clem

May 28, 2005
    [face_thinking]

Wait! I'll PM someone that I think will know the answer!

:D

9. Qui-Gon-Matt

Apr 20, 2005
  10. servent78

servent78 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2005
    Quick question I might have missed this but does anyone know the times? I would love to go and bring my mom on either Friday or Sunday so let me know! thank you

11. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    info on the actual con can found here = Bubonicon Website Info on prices, times, places and events are all there...

12. ZUBBZERO77

ZUBBZERO77 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2005
    ok....I have been out of the llop for a while now...sorry...for the Bubonicon, if we are trooping, do we need a ticket too? And what time are we supposed to be there to troop? Sorry for asking these dumb questions but I have not been keeping up with the thread....also, where is this taking place? I will be trooping on Saturday all day if I have to....

TK-7911[face_worried]

13. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    Greg, are you going as Solo all three days?
    I was going to go as Solo Friday, Stormtrooper Saturday and Luke Sunday... but didn't want to cramp you style with too many smugglers!

14. propgeek1701

propgeek1701 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Hey Ken,

You can have Solo Friday, bro. I have this Trek uniform I haven't worn yet. [face_laugh]

But yeah, "I'll be Solo on Saturday, because that is StarLeia's big unveiling, and I will be accompanying her that night. WooHooo! And for Sunday, if I could get somebody to loan me some TIE armor (as mine is still in the shop) I'd be very grateful.

15. JediMexx

JediMexx Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2004
    Greg you can borrow mine if you need it.

16. propgeek1701

propgeek1701 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Awesome JediMexx! We're close to the same size and everything. I'll get with you this weekend.

You rock!

17. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002

In theory, you will need a ticket to get into the 'con. I believe its $15 for a one day pass. As far as trooping, I don't think we have a set time yet for people to troop - since a lot of people will be around off and on all weekend, we'll probably have members in costume at any time. There is a masquerade on Saturday evening - however, I'm not sure if the deadline to enter has passed or not.

18. ZUBBZERO77

Feb 2, 2005
    Am I going to have to pay $15 or $35???

19. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    the daily rates are $15 for Sat, and $13 for Sunday. $35 for the whole weekend....

20. ZUBBZERO77

Feb 2, 2005
    cool....I guess I'll take $50 just in case....and I'll probably be there around noon...is there a place to change or do we change outside??

Never been to one of these so I'm asking too many questions....

TK7911

21. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Nope..no problem! Last year we ended up changing in the bathrooms in the hotel lobby, but we may (looks to Jess & Joseph) have a room for MosAlba members so you will have a place to keep your stuff, change, etc. Will keep you posted though...

22. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Well, I'm not sure the plans for Friday. I'll be busy at the dealer table anyway.

As far as for trooping on Saturday, we are making some BIG plans to show off the squad in a BIG way. We should be able to use either Jess & Yvonne's room or Joseph & Anita's to change and stow gear...

23. JediMexx

JediMexx Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2004
    No problem brother...just give me a call. I will not be available on Friday night so anytime before then.

24. Shaak_Vi

Shaak_Vi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2005
    Oooh, can I wear my unfinished tie pilot outfit (see below)? lol, all I have is the helmet (which I can barely see out of - I need to change those lenses) and the flight suit with belt and boots. Hmm...maybe I should rig up some cardboard armor...hello Cardboard Brigade?!?!?

[image=http://www.albuquerquebulldogs.com/users/ahsschool/Data/FacultyFTP/70/tiebegin.jpg]

25. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Well, JEEZ, VIV! YOU ARE ALMOST THERE!

Help a sister out, someone loan her some equipment!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.