main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO ***Official Movie Discussion Thread***.

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by quigon_brian, Jul 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quigon_brian

quigon_brian Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2001
    have you laid out what kind of effects shots you're going to be doing yet?

hopefully you're not going to put a crappy knockoff of bullet time in it.

2. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    I'm still debating if I want to try bullet time or not. If I do, it would end up being probably about as good as what was in "Glitch in the Matrix" since I'd be, at least in part, using their tutorial. I think I'll try it, but how well it turns out will determine if I use it or not.

Other than that, effects include the morphing into agents (you can see a simple test on my website under the News section), blowing up of a building on campus, the disappearing into phones, and the digital rain.

As usual, I'm not as much into trying to rip off all the effects as much as tell an original story with a well developed plot and characters you can actually care about.

Also, I don't know if I answered it in my last post, but my projected release date for this (at best) would be late Spring 2004. However, I've given myself a hefty schedule next semester and might not have as much fee time as I have hoped to do effects work. So who knows when it will be finished.

Oh, and there will be no gratuitous butt shots like Keanu's.

3. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Ahhh, butt Jon we have butt shots!

4. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Word of advice, stay as far from Comicbook the Movie as you can. It was truely aweful. I can't believe Randy shelled out $23 for that.

5. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Well do we continue with this thread this summer or start a new one?

6. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003
    Has anybody seen a release date for Aliens V. Predator? Any help is appreciated.

Also, anybody interested in going to see it?

7. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    Sometime in August I believe, the 20th is ringing a bell for some reason.. I'm gonna see that one. I'm rooting for the Aliens. ;)

8. dudeman

dudeman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    dajuan, might as well keep this one, it is here already.

shoey, august 13. go to www.movie-list.com for trailers. it is a useful sight for catching sneak peeks of trailers that havent come out anywhere else yet, plus they give you a summary.

9. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    Thanks Dudeman.

10. dudeman

Jun 19, 2002
    no problem, like i said, it is very useful

*edit* sp.

11. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    I read an article about AvP the movie, and they said that it was gonna be awesome. Lots of facehugging, decapitations, monster madness, etc. Not for the faint of heart? ;)

Can't wait.

12. yodaismygod

yodaismygod Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    All I am going to say is "Doc Oc"

13. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    All I am going to say is "Doc Oc"

Yeah baby!! That trailer is awesome. I forsee several trips to the theater for this one again.

Fan Force meeting to S2!!

14. YamaTheHutt

YamaTheHutt Jedi Youngling

Jan 29, 2004
    This Friday Van Helsing hits theaters some friends from my Gaming group and I are going to make the truck over the historic Sky View Drive-in http://www.geocities.com/~jb_tenor1/NewImages/secondpage.htm
    It?s not a far trip and it worth every minute of it. Theirs no experience like seeing a movie at the Drive-in you can click the link above for directions. If any one would like to meet up and group together and get to know one another I think it would be a good time and a good chance to get to meet the other members of this list. Hit me with some replies so we can coordinate. Or IM me at YIM: Kalentoerlack_13 AIM:Warlock1459
    Yama The Hutt

15. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Man I would love to but I have my honors ceremony that night. I might get to see it after graduation Saturday, if I'm lucky. Same thing with Troy, party is getting in the way of that. BTW you are invited Yama, head over to the May meetings/events thread for all the info.

16. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Yeah, I can't wait to see Van Helsing. It's directed by the same guy that directed the Mummy Movies with Brendan Fraiser. Those movies rocked, this one will probably be great as well.

There's still drive-ins around? AWESOME!! I wish I could go.. :(

17. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    Yes I've been to the Sky View many, many times. Back in like '87, they did the trilogy at the drive in. It was a good time. Nothing like watching a movie outside in lawn chairs and being able to enjoy your favorite cold frostie beverage.

Plus, nowadays you always get two movies for the price of one.

What are they showing with Van Helsing?

Last week when I drove by there they were showing Kill Bill I and II.

18. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Last week when I drove by there they were showing Kill Bill I and II.

That's it, I'm gonna find this place. :D I'm missing out!!

19. quigon_brian

quigon_brian Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2001
    I've seen a few movies at the skyview. Good fun.

Didn't they get rid of the speakers you clip on your window though? For some reason I feel like the last time I went there, we had to listen to it through the car's radio.

20. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    Yeah, they got rid of the hanging speakers a few years ago. Now it comes through the radio. Which is nice because their speakers weren't worth a squirt.

I like to take a boom box along when I go.

21. dudeman

Jun 19, 2002
    my dad and i used to go to the one in north county out by jennings every fourth of july and sometimes one other night. but they finally closed it down. they had the clip on speakers too, it was a lot of fun *reminises(sp?)*

btw, i might go see van helsing at the mills this weekend

22. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    I won't have time to see Van Helsing this weekend, but probably next weekend. That movie looks real good... :D

23. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Saw Van Helsing today. It was pretty good. Action galore if you like that sort of thing. I don't think it's going to be the blockbuster of the summer, but it's pretty cool. The monsters were really well done. Costuming was awesome. Dracula was sexy as hell, as was Van Helsing himself. The friar was not too bad either, if you go for the nerdy type (and I do).

24. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    You know, the more I think about VH, the more I realize it kinda sucked. I mean the special effects and the look of the film were pretty good, acting not bad, but the plot stunk! You got no real emotional invlovement with the characters. I reallyu think this one missed whatever it was aiming at.

25. yodaismygod

yodaismygod Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Ummm, ok, I liked it. I don't know what you are talking about dajuan. At work we have to watch commercials and interviews about every 10 minutes. So the idea I got was that it was just supposed to be a fun action-adventure designed to show stuff that hasn't been done in a movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.