main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO ***Official Movie Discussion Thread***.

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by quigon_brian, Jul 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I didn't dislike it, I just thought the plot was weak.

2. SteelLepp

SteelLepp Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 1, 1998
    I liked VH too. Although I did think the ending was a bit sappy. I thought the plot was as good as you are gonna get for a "summer movie," it all made sense and was tied up pretty well.

and mmmmm Kate Beckinsdale *Homer Simpson gurgle*

(the friar was funny as *stuff*)

3. yodaismygod

yodaismygod Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Yes the friar was quite good. Now dajuan what is this "plot" you are speaking of? I thought only books had plots. Movies are supposed to have explosions and beautiful people.

4. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Yes they should have plots too. Makes the movie more interesting.

5. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    I thought only books had plots. Movies are supposed to have explosions and beautiful people.

That's a pretty good quote. ;)

I heard the same thing. Someone at Jedi Wars said that the plot was MIA, and it wasn't that good of a movie.

I might be seeing it Friday, hopefully nothing will come up and I have to make other plans...

6. quigon_brian

quigon_brian Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2001
    I might be seeing it Friday, hopefully nothing will come up and I have to make other plans...

Are you kidding me?
    You do realize this baby comes out friday, right?

7. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I'm all over Troy! I am skipping out ofParty cleaning and planning to catch it. I cannot wait!!

8. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003
    Does Randy approve of you being "all over Troy"?

9. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Oh yeah, he is too, lol.

10. dudeman

dudeman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    oh man, i got a lot to do this summer, what with seeing VH and troy and shrek 2 and many others

11. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Saw Troy today. I think I liked it. It takes me a day to decide if I really like a movie or not.

Brad Pitt was a good Achilles. He played the character very well, got the emotions right and looked the part I thought. Bloom was good as well. Played the wimpy Paris perfectly.

They stuck to the original story pretty well. The parts they changed made the story more believable, an turned it into something that could really have happened. The themes in the movie were good as well. They were things the Greeks really did value.

All in all it's a good movie. I think I'll stick to my guns on this one. 4.5 stars our of 5

12. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    To answer the question above, I usually wait to see a movie (unless it's Star Wars or something) after the opening weekend, because that way, the crowd won't be there to deal with, and with Troy, the Bloom/Pitt fans would be there drooling, and I would get sick of that pretty quick. ;) :p

Well, like I said above, I knew I wouldn't be able to see Van Helsing, so of course, once I make plans for something, it doesn't happen, and once again, it wasn't my fault. :( So, maybe I will see Troy this weekend.. Or Van Helsing.. Or, doesn't The Day After Tomorrow come out Friday?

13. CuppaJoe

CuppaJoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 24, 2002
    It was awful seeing Pirates of the caribbean the first week...it was just FULL of teeny boppers.....I'd bet every teenage girl on the planet owns that movie.
    I'm just glad the matrix "phenomenon" is over....the first one was awesome, the second one I liked better, but the third could be listed as one of the worst films of all time.

14. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Now wait just a minute guys. I didn't drool that much. I had Randy to wipe it on anyway. PotC was an awesome movie even without Bloom. And aren't you a teeny bopper CJ?

15. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    We weren't insinuating you were Dajuan, we just stated that most of the audiences for these movies are for people that care about actors, not storyline, action, or filmmaking.

Seriously, go up to a girl that is a fan of Orlando Bloom. Ask them what is his character's name in LotR. Most don't even know. They don't know who Tolkien is either. Trust me, I have proven this many times over. ;)

16. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I know you weren't JCF, I was trying to make a joke out of it. Because I was drooling a bit over Pitt and Bloom. The little "groupies" who follow the characters drive me nuts. Had the movies had bad plots I'd not have liked them no matter who was in them. Van Helsing case in point. Hugh Jackman is a nice looking guy, but I'd not see the movie again for him because the plot was lacking.

That being said you did not hear my complaints about Troy's teasing nudity. Shoot I wanted to see what Jennifer Aniston see every night. You almost could in a few scenes for both Pitt and Bloom. On occasion, eye candy rules.

17. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Well, I didn't need to read that. Hopefully it's not a long scene in the movie... I just want to see the huge epic battles. :D

18. CuppaJoe

CuppaJoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 24, 2002
    Sure, I'm a teenager, Dajuan, but it doesn't make me a teeny BOPPER, if ya know what that means.

19. dudeman

Jun 19, 2002
    i saw Van Helisng and i dont know what you people are talkinga bout. I really thought it was great. i saw the plot and thought it was great. the whole movie rocked.

jcf-i agree, i could have lived without hearing dajuan's comment on bloom and pitt. but now i have an idea when to look away when i go see it

20. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    :p come on, everyone wants to know about that. I'm just messing with all of you. Being the minority it;s quite fun.

21. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    jcf-i agree, i could have lived without hearing dajuan's comment on bloom and pitt. but now i have an idea when to look away when i go see it

I heard at school today that there were many scenes like these throughout the movie. Not good... Hey, maybe I can get some popcorn during that scene..

Dajuan, hope you're having fun. ;) JK

22. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    Manly body scenes?...I am so there. Maybe I can get to a late show tonight.

23. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Finally another female who understands! We're going to see Troy again on Saturday. Lwt me know if anyone else wants to tag along.

24. dudeman

Jun 19, 2002
    im going today with my dad

25. dudeman

Jun 19, 2002
    oh man, troy is amazing. probably the best movie i have seen all year long plus last year (except rotk). it was so awesome

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.