main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO ***Official Movie Discussion Thread***.

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by quigon_brian, Jul 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CuppaJoe

CuppaJoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 24, 2002
    I saw Harry Potter. LOVED it. Best of the three films....sure, they changed the ending, and Harry's broom came really late but it was pretty much how I imagined it to be when I read the book, so I wasn't dissapointed.

2. kancerman

kancerman Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 9, 2004
    I am excited about "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow" ... and I seem to hear raised eyebrows about it when I talk to people ... I just like the style -- Made me think of Raiders of the Lost Ark and Star Wars (not their epicness ... just the resurgence of the style)

3. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    Has anyone seen The Village yet? A friend of mine just called to tell me not to waste my money on it--not even to rent it. He's a HUGE chicken when it comes to scary movies (couldn't even watch Signs) and he said this was not scary whatsoever and he feels dumber for watching it.

Just wondering if anyone else thought the same, cause I was kinda wanting to see it...but maybe not.

4. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    I have heard from more than a few people that "The Village" totally sucked. I haven't seen it myself though, so I'm not sure.

Isn't "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow" completly CGI? I seem to rememeber hearing that and that really doesn't appeal to me.

5. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    See I really liked the Village. This guy's movies aren't always scary, they throw a twist at you, that's the thing.

This one had a twist I didn't see coming, at all. I'd recommend it seriously.

6. CuppaJoe

CuppaJoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 24, 2002
    I saw it. LOVED it. It first I didn't like it, but the more I thought about it I began to realize that it's not just a horror movie, this film has a deeper meaning to it. So I say if you don't like movies that make you think, don't see it. But I think it's great.

7. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    Has anyone seen AVP yet? I might be going this weekend..

8. quigon_brian

quigon_brian Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2001
    I might try to see that saturday night. Of course I really want to see the new Exorcist. I've heard it's actually gonna be good unlike 2 & 3.

On a side note, this will be my last post.

on a dial-up for a while that is. I'll be spending all tomorrow moving my brother in down at Cape. Then I get back to St. Louis to load my stuff then head back up to k-vill with my dad. God I can't wait to get back to high-speed wireless.

9. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I've heard from several people (our own Darthtrader for one) that AVP is pretty good. I'm waiting for video though.

Freaked me out there for a minute Bri!

10. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003
    I saw AVP. It was good, could have used a couple more fight scenes IMO, but still worth the price of admission.

11. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Alright! That's good. I know how the story goes though, I read the movie novelization. ;) I just didn't know how the acting was. I hope they didn't take a lot out of the original script... I still don't know how they made the movie PG-13, considering the book was chock full of violence and gore(how can the chestbursters be PG-13 material nowadays??). The Post didn't even bother to review it. Yes, when I was reading the book, I was wishing there were more fight scenes. ;)

12. kancerman

Jul 9, 2004
    On Sky Captain ... I just like that another Old Timey movie style is being ressurrected ....

13. Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi

Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2002
    AvP was pretty good.

But it was only PG-13 and I found out that a bunch of scenes were taken out of the original release.

The dvd is supposed to be rated R and have all of the scenes added back.

The next movie I'm going to seem is Resident Evil: Apocalypes.

14. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    That's good they are putting the deleted scenes back. :D

I saw Hero last Friday with my girlfriend. Four words: GO SEE THIS MOVIE. :eek: :D

15. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Those may be the four words you find significant but these two words shocked me "my girlfriend". My JCF is growing up on me...

I saw AnchorMan last Saturday with VoijaRisa and our significant others. It was a brainless good time.

16. yodaismygod

yodaismygod Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Yeah anchorman was good, not as good as dodgeball, though.

17. dudeman

dudeman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    see i want to see anchorman and avp. they both look good.

18. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Those may be the four words you find significant but these two words shocked me "my girlfriend". My JCF is growing up on me...

Haha... [face_laugh] I guess I deserved that. Yes, about a week ago, did the ground feel cooler somewhat? Lol! I'll have to bring her to one of the meetings, I've told her about this group. She said it sounded like a lot of fun. She's not all that much into Star Wars, she knows about it, likes the movies and all, but is more into LotR. I plan on corrupting her... Hopefully another Star Wars fanatic will be born soon. ;) She goes to college though, so I only see her on the weekends, and if I'm lucky, I get to drive over to see her. We're going to the Air show this weekend... Is anyone else going to that?

Sorry, I changed the subject a bit. Go see Hero. Yeah, that's what I was talking about. ;)

19. quigon_brian

quigon_brian Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2001
    has anybody seen garden state?

I really want to see it, but backwater kirksville doesn't have it.

also, does anybody know the name of the song they use in the trailer about half way through? I really want it, but I can't figure it out.

20. kancerman

Jul 9, 2004
    um, don't know when this one comes out ... but I read a novelization for "The Final Cut" ... story looked good ... hopefully, it will do alright ... it stars Jim Caviezel, Mira Sorvino, and Robin Williams ... it's a serious sci-fi movie

21. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    You know, I have been seeing more and more previews for Sky Captain, and the more I see of it, the more I want to go see it. It actually looks really good.

22. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    stay away from "Wicker Park" it really blew i felt they should have refunded my money x10

23. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Oh, without that pesky TOS, I'd be quite different around here. ;)

No girlfriend techinally, but the girl I liked from here moved and when she comes back she said she wants to have a relationship. And that was waaaayyyy off topic. :p

24. kancerman

Jul 9, 2004
    pluggin for Sky Captain! yes, yes, I will ...

25. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Sky Captain I found out is only rated PG. Finally, a appetizing, recent PG movie that isn't just for kids. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.