***Official Movie Discussion Thread***.

Discussion in 'St. Louis, MO' started by quigon_brian, Jul 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Commander_Faofa Force Ghost

star 4
    I saw Sky Captain...

Not sure what to think of it. It had way too many movie references to be a serious movie, it was a parody of sorts. Lots of cool effects, Jolie was great. The story was confusing though. It's one of those movies you have to see more than once to get it I think.
  2. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    I won free tickets to it, guess I should go get them.
  3. quigon_brian Jedi Master

star 4
    I finally saw Napolean Dynamite last night at my friends' apartment. I'm probably going to get a lot of heat for saying this, but I didn't like it.
    There really wasn't a plot. There were some parts that I almost fell off the couch laughing such as "Your mom goes to college" and when Kip backed the van over the tupperware then drove off. However, I thought they were too few and far between.
    I don't know, I guess everyone likes this movie because the "nerd inside them" can relate to Napolean, but I like to leave a movie having feelings about the charactes whether it be positive or negative. I really just didn't care about anyone in the movie.
    Maybe I'm just sick of hearing people quote the movie (I had to have heard "I don't want a quesadila!" at least 5 or 6 times when I was using my new quesadilla maker this weekend) or maybe I just didnt' like it. All I know is I'm glad I didn't pay to see this.
  4. Jedi_Commander_Faofa Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm not even going to bother seeing it, it looks stupid, and from what others I have talked to about it, it's just like what Brian said. There's no plot. I want my movies to have plots dang it! ;) I want good dialogue! I want to leave the movie knowing I experienced something.
  5. KOB Jedi Youngling

star 4
    The only thing I actually laughed out loud at was in the deleted scenes when they're playing kickball and the "jock" says, "You wanna die, Napolean?" to which he replies, "Yeah, right! Who's the only one here that knows illegal ninja moves from the government?"...
  6. quigon_brian Jedi Master

star 4
    my friends all gave me crap when he kept talking about his "numchucks" because I have a pair.
    to make it even worse, when he's at that discount store, he picks up a sai that looks exactly like mine.

they had a field day with that.
  7. KOB Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Yeah. Never really seen sais at the thrift store.... Flea market, maybe. :p
  8. CuppaJoe Force Ghost

star 4
    I really am looking forward to Batman Begins. Thank God for a new director for the series and Liam Neeson and Gary Oldman. Looks great.
  9. Tovel_Cond Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yes. Most definitely. I like the "realistic"? approach that they are going with this.
  10. Dagobah_Diva Force Ghost

star 4
    I really need to get out and see more movies...and not kids' movies.

Went to see Because of Winn-Dixie the other day. You know, the one about the dog. The one for kids. It was cute, but cute isn't what I need. I need action, excitement, adventure, and perhaps a bit of comedy. Well, at least I'll get most of that in May. :D
  11. DarthShoey Jedi Master

star 4
    Kim and I went and saw Constantine. It was alright. I think the critics ripped to shreds, it wasn't that bad, but I don't think it will win any oscars either.

If you've seen and liked The Prophesy (sp?) with Christopher Walken, you'd probably like it. Or, if you're familiar with the comic, I think you'd like it.
  12. Jedi_Commander_Faofa Force Ghost

star 4
    That movie looked interesting.. I wouldn't pay good money to see it at theaters. It's a good rental probably.
  13. Darthtrader Jedi Master

star 1
    I went to The Aviator with my girlfriend last weekend.
    I thought this was a really good movie.It just ends kind of abruptly.
  14. DarthShoey Jedi Master

star 4
    That's one I really want to see!

Do they go into him becoming a weird old hermit towards the end of his life?
  15. Darthtrader Jedi Master

star 1
    Not really,It only goes up to about 1948 or 9 but you get a good idea what happens to him latter on in his life.
    The flying scenes are really well done in this movie.
  16. CuppaJoe Force Ghost

star 4
    I really want to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I know, remake, remake, remake...but, really! Johnny Depp as Wonka! Now that's just plain cool.
  17. Jedi_Commander_Faofa Force Ghost

star 4
    Johnny Depp is an excellent actor, one of the best of our generation. He's good in anything he's in.

But I don't really want to see another remake, especially if it's one I didn't care for with the original.
  18. CuppaJoe Force Ghost

star 4
    Sorry to get offtopic, but I notice you have a Labyrinth of Evil quote in your sig...I heard that book gives alot of insight to who ordered the clones.
  19. Jedi_Commander_Faofa Force Ghost

star 4
    Hints is a better word.

EVERYONE SHOULD READ LABYRINTH OF EVIL BEFORE SEEING ROTS.
    My advice for the day. ;)

Back on topic...
    Has anyone seen O Brother Where Art Thou? It's a very good movie.
  20. CuppaJoe Force Ghost

star 4
    I haven't seen it...I'd like to, though.

I'm not sure if I asked this, but has anyone seen Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind?
  21. Jedi_Commander_Faofa Force Ghost

star 4
    No, I haven't. Is it any good?
  22. Dagobah_Diva Force Ghost

star 4
    30 more pages to go in Labyrinth of Evil. :D

I have the O Brother Where Art Thou soundtrack. Had to have it. Good movie.
  23. Tovel_Cond Jedi Knight

star 1
    After dinner last night we went and saw Constantine. If you are familiar with the "Hellblazer" comic, which the character is from, then you will probably have more respect for the movie. I thought it was a good movie. And suprisingly my "better half" liked it too. Of course it was her choice to see it since her "other boyfriend" (Keanu Reeves) was in it.

For my particular taste, I would give it a B+. If your looking for non-stop action, this isn't your movie. It's more story driven than anything. But it is definitely worth a look.
  24. yodaismygod Jedi Master

star 4
    I went and saw Constantine last night, pretty good. I was more interested in the trailers before it. One called Kingdom of Heaven with Orlando Bloom and Liam Neeson. Looks like it will be pretty good. Now I'm kicking myself, I know there was another movie coming out the same day as Kingdom that looked good, but now I can't remember what it was. Hmm, maybe I just noticed the date and it wasn't any good.
  25. Tovel_Cond Jedi Knight

star 1
    Was it "The Ring Two"? I think that comes out on the same day.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.