main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA *** Official Movie & TV Review/Discussion Thread ***

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Kaui-Gone-Jim, Dec 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    Ya know, the only problem with Alias is when they start using computers within the storyline. Secret Agents send email back and forth unencrypted? A denial of service with a ping flood from a single source? Give me a break. To put things in perspective, at my previous company I tried to ping flood a cisco network switch. The cisco tech almost laughed at me cause there was no way I could do it. I'm sure a high tech agency would have even better equipment to handle such an attack. Hopefully there systems would be better configured too.

2. BobaFett-MP

BobaFett-MP Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2001
    ALIAS - 'Phase One'

Was on right after the Superbowl.

I'm still in shock. The whole Alias world has been flipped. It's different, NOTHING is the same. I just can't believe what happened. It was so fast, so quick. I've been reading the spoilers for a while now, NEVER saw this coming. I feel angry at them for doing this, but I think it might just be the shock of it all. I'm wondering what will happen now? What will become of Dixon and Marshell? Without giving away spoilers, I think the thing that shocked me the most was the last scene involving Francie. I was blown away. I can't believe it. I've waited a long time for Vaughn and Sydney to have that moment they had after the raid, but it was totally lessened when they showed the last scene.... I don't know what to think anyone on this show! I'm still hooked, more than ever because I want to see what will happen, but I feel as if a part of it died.

Aside from that. I liked the Red better (happens to be my favorite color). :-D

Just some venting on the latest episode....

3. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    I thought the ending was a complete shock as well. Looks like Sloan intends to rebuild the Alliance from the ground up, with himself at the head. And I have a feeling that Dixen and Marshell will end up working with Sydney and the rest of the CIA (they can't get rid of Marshell, he's so cool). And I must admit, I also liked the red one better :D

4. Kaui-Gone-Jim

Kaui-Gone-Jim Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 19, 2002
    Yes, the Super Bowl Alias ads were 'red-hot'! :p

Saw 'Blade II' for first time last night. It has good action and some new toys, but I liked the first Blade a whole lot better.
    The best scene was when Blade took the girl vampire to see the sunrise - very well done.

5. Princess_Skywalker_

Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2002
    Gee Barry I thought you WEREN'T going to see Final Destination 2. :p Didn't you make comments about the first one, even though you HAD NOT seen it?

I told you 2 looked BAD. The first was actually a decent horror flick. It was creepy and funny, but not truly scary like The Shining, etc. I thought it was kinda creative.

Most horror sequels never are as good as the first. You already know what's gonna happen so the excitement is pretty much gone. I still do not plan to see the 2nd one. It looks boring. Plus the cast was better in the first. Kerr Smith meow! And Stiffler's in it. He alone made the first movie enjoyable to me. But I did enjoy most of the rest of the cast in it as well. And as for funny, it is funny, but not as cheesy funny as Evil Dead, etc. Although the John Denver thing is pretty cheesy, but in a good way. :p

6. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    Well, I wasn't going to see it, but all it cost me was a little bit of time (about 1.5 hours), so I didn't mind to much.

7. BobaFett-MP

May 13, 2001
    Although, knowing now what Sydney thinks of the Red one, if I was in the same room as her I'd say the black one looks just fine ;)

I'm still in shock. I just can't believe it. :-D Talk about starting it anew with a new plot. Last night, on the official Alias Message Boards, there was a record of a post every second for 4 hours straight.

8. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    "there was a record of a post every second for 4 hours straight. "

Does no one have a life? Just checking... :p

9. MALICE_MIZER

MALICE_MIZER Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 10, 2003
    I love it when people "hack" in TV and movies...and they use a MAC. Hilarious.

Anyway...Who's watching Joe Millionaire tonight? It's on in a few minutes, and Joe's down to the final 4...*Rubs hands together evilly*

10. Droid_Runner

Droid_Runner Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 23, 2002
    Malice, do you refer to MAC-hacks, as in ID4? :p (that's the most fun AND silly sci-fi film in a looooooong time!)

When does Joe M. finally spill the beans to the 'lucky' girl? :D

What was everyone's favorite SuperBowl ads?
    For me, the best:
    The Zebra referee and Horses
    Ozzie & 'family'
    Yao Ming ("Yo" "Yao" Yo!" "Yao!!")

D_R

11. MALICE_MIZER

MALICE_MIZER Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 10, 2003
    Most of those SuperBowl commercials were great. I saw the majority of them post-SuperBowl. The one with the Chinese basketball player annoys me (?Yo!?, ?Yao!?), and I had a major argument with my girlfriend about it. The Chinese dude in the ad says ?Can I write a check?? over and over again in the most broken English I?ve ever heard; he sounds like Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer?Anyway, my girlfriend was all amazed, saying, ?I can?t believe they taught him English so quickly!? C?mon?He uses ONE English phrase! I tried to tell her just because I can say, ?Domo Origato Mr. Roboto?, doesn?t mean I?m fluent in Japanese?

Oops, sorry to rant like that. Anyway, ?Joe Millionaire? was pretty disappointing last night. He is making some pretty bad decisions. So far, he?s voted off some smoking-hot redhead, and in this episode, voted out probably the one girl that would have loved him with or without money?Granted, she was a bit scary (she wrote herself a check for $1 million), but I thought he had her pegged wrong. He?s down to three girls left, and they are total GOLD-DIGGERS. I think Joe?s going to be the one in for a shock.

12. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    lmao at [face_laugh] :
    "Domo Origato Mr. Roboto?, doesn?t mean I?m fluent in Japanese"

Did anyone see that Bridezilla thing? I normally am not into reality tv but that was hilarious. That and I am getting hooked on that reality celeb show with Corey Feldman & Webster. lol The "talent show" was classic!

13. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    Haha, Corey Feldman. Mister "I think eating meat is wrong, but doesn't this leather jacket look great on me?"

And there's nothing wrong with hacking using a Mac, as long as it's running OS X. Can we say BSD anyone (unix to those that don't know)?

Who cares which one he picks (Joe Millionaire). Their going to be in for a shock when they find out he's not worth 50 million anyway.

And my favorite commercials during the SB were:

The Matrix
    Alias (I like the red one :))

14. BobaFett-MP

May 13, 2001
    Ah yes, I agree. I loved the Red one too. But that's just a color preference, I guess I don't mind it in any color ;)

I loved:
    Fed Ex (Cast Away)
    Budweiser (Clown Drinker and Sea Shell)
    Trident (Squirrel: "NOOOOOOOOOO!")
    That 'refreshingly lemon lime' commercial with the monkeys was pretty good.

15. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    You guys are too funny. If you ever get a stand up of her, please don't tell me what you do to it ;) Cause I just don't wanna know :p

16. BobaFett-MP

May 13, 2001
    Oh, if I could find one of her in Red, BAM I'd buy it. In a heartbeat!!!

17. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    Don't tell Padme that, she'll be jealous! ;P

18. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    We could always just paint Padme's outfit red :p Britt, you're the photoshop expert, I'm sure you could come up with something, um, nice :)

19. DEWGOD01

DEWGOD01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2002
    Oh my gosh...how can you mention Super Bowl commericals without mentioning the Pain Train???? Come on now... The Reebok Terry Tate commercials were the best non-use of a girl in a skimpy outfit to sell something there was at the Super Bowl. It is kinda sad when a show which everyone agrees is good (I don't watch it but hear it's good) has to lower itself to the lowest common denominator to sell itself. But I guess that's what it takes to sell anything these days...

::::walks around in a thong::: who's buying? who's buying???

lol

20. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    Ok......I am scared now.....

**runs away screaming "AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"**

21. BobaFett-MP

May 13, 2001
    I checked e-bay and google, no Jennifer Garner standups yet :( Not even any Electra ones from DareDevil.

22. Droid_Runner

Droid_Runner Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 23, 2002
    Watched "American Idol" last night just for laughs. :p

Man, I could not believe how terrible many of the contestants were -- and how some of them vowed they would still become big stars, after being voted off by the judges.

23. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Aaron-Wan-Kenobi Temp CR Orange County, CA star 3 VIP

Dec 8, 2002
    Read it here folks.

Daredevil will be the best superhero film of 2003.

Matt Murdock is the greatest Marvel superhero ever.

Best Superheroes of all time.

1. Daredevil
    2. Batman
    3. Spiderman
    4. Wolverine
    5. Gambit
    6. Mr. Fantastic
    7. Iron Man
    8. Silver Surfer
    9. Captain America
    10. Rogue

24. BobaFett-MP

May 13, 2001
    http://www.allposters.com/GetPoster.asp?APNum=334647&f=c&fid=12812&P=1&PP=1

Whoo hoo, that's the cloest I've found yet :-D But it's not a standup. (Nor will I be purchasing it, yet).

25. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    *drool*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.