main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Official Mutants and Masterminds Thread!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by MoronDude, Jun 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    I would like to invite you all to the:

>>> OFFICIAL MUTANTS & MASTERMINDS THREAD <<<

[image=http://www.rolemancer.ru/sections/180/mutants_masterminds.gif]

It's a bit overdue, I know, but this is where we'll post all relevent information about the Weekly Mutants & Masterminds Game.

To kick things off, I'd like anyone who is playing in the game and has created a character to post said character here, along with a bio or stort backstory. You may omit anything you do not want to be common knowlege... for example, weaknesses or special powers.

Once that is finished, I'll post the story so far, which will lead us into next week's game.

2. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Okay, fine. If you don't want to post your characters, then just post your Superhero name and a list of Super Powers and Super Feats, again Omitting anything you want to keep hidden.

3. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    Its not that I don't want to post it... I am still working on it!

4. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    Sorry I missed the game this weekened. I said I would be late and that turned into "not at all". I was abducted by Klingons and transported to the 24th century where the crew of the Enterprise D worked to get me and the other people kidnapped back home. I was also on Copernicus station at the edge of the Delta quadrant when the Borg attacked. Luckily admiral Janeway was in the area with the Voyager and she rescued me and the other people with me. Then I had some Italian and it was too late to get to the game.

5. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Ooooh... so how was the 4D?

6. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    4d? Imagine a bunch of hype about a new 3d process that looks just about the same as Captain EO, dont get me wrong I liked Captain EO but I saw no leap in 3d tech. The Borg adventure was good but I found it a little dissapointing. Still fun though.

7. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    I'm glad they still have the original.

Anyways, we missed you Saturday. Draaco also couldn't make it, and our illustrious Talon was GMing the Modern game, so Mega Man and the Dominator got a lot of game time. Oh, and the Dominator went crazy, mind-blasted his pickle-stealing brother, and when Mega Man awoke, he found his guts strewn (correct word/tense???) around their apartment and words carved into his forehead. With his last ounce of strength, Mega Man ENERGY BLASTed his brother in the face. The Dominator's head exploded, taking their apartment building with it... ALL BECAUSE OF MENSA!

8. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    You know.... I dont believe thats what happened, not at all.

9. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Well... technically The Dominator woke up afterwards, and it ended up being all a dream, but that's what happened.

I guess that's the type of thing that happens when you use Rock, Paper, Scissors instead of d20s.

10. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    And what happened to Payton Jade? She worked like a dog all day, mainly because the news and police scanner were very slow, and you have your next issue ready to send to the printers.

11. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Its Peyton Jade, and good for her, such a hard working girl.

12. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Here is the first enstallment of the M&M story. I'll get caught up eventually:

Mega-Man and The Dominator AKA Bill and David Montague: These brothers found themselves in New York City after the murder of their parents by a strange and secretive organization headed by someone known only as Mind Zapper. With no leads to go on, the young men took odd jobs, rented an apartment, and resolved to use their powers for the good of mankind. Bill is a freelance cameraman for various news agencies in the city. David is a computer repairman, with fliers, business cards and even a three-line classified ad in the newspaper circulating the city. These mutant brothers use their powers to stop crime, and they use crime to sharpen their powers for the day in which they will meet the man (or woman) who murdered their parents.

Charm AKA Peyton Jade: This rambunctious mutant grew up in a fairly normal town, with a fairly normal family, and led a fairly normal life? except for the fact that she had fairly abnormal abilities. Her parents knew of these powers, but being the forward-thinking, loving parents they were, they accepted them, and while they cautioned her about showing these powers off, never made her feel different. When she graduated high school, she left for college in New York City. Using her natural talent for drawing and her love of comic books, she began producing a completely solo comic. She made the choice to use her extraordinary powers for good, just like her favorite comic book heroes, and she uses her real life experiences as inspiration for her own comic book character, Blyss.

Issue 1: A Vile Plot
    Bill and David Montague are watching the news when a story flashes on the screen that catches both their interests. In a daring daylight robbery of a computer store, thousands of dollars of computer equipment and video games are stolen. Witnesses can not identify the criminals because the entire store was filled with a thick fog. As they escaped, they marked the side of the building. The word ?Disgusto? was seemingly carved through the thick external wall of the store, and under it, the words ?and the Vile Boyz!? was written with green spray paint. On the ground below, a pile of spray paint cans are strewn. David, with his super Intelligence and Wisdom, quickly counts the number of cans? Fifteen. He finds it odd that so many spray cans would be used for four words. Then, he notices that each of the letters look very different, almost as if the person who wrote it kept changing his handwriting style. They brothers decide to go down to the scene of the crime and look for clues.

The two amateur sleuths walk to the crime scene and see that the vandalized store is roped off with police tape. Two police cars and two policemen wait outside. They walk over and speak with the police. The police aren?t too helpful, but do suggest that crime was perpetrated by mutants, due to the strange occurrences.

Looking for other clues, they remember there is a small hardware store down the block from the crime scene. They decide to check out the shop?s spray paint selection. While David goes to check the paint aisle, Bill talks with the clerk about any strange people buying green spray paint. David sees a lot of spray paint, all fully stocked, except the green, which only has one can left. David takes this can up to the counter. The clerk, just as he is saying that an unusual amount of youngsters have been buying green paint today, notices David with the last can. The clerk asks him what?s with all the paint. David just shrugs. Bill tells the clerk about the robbery, and asks if there is any way he can tell them who bought the paint. The clerk tells them that each one paid with a debit or credit card, and he has all the receipts in his computer. He prints them out a list of only the names of the people who bought green spray paint, as the other info was confidential. He also inf

13. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Issue 2: Disgusto Revealed!
    Peyton Jade is up bright and early to work on Issue 10 of her comic book, Blyss, when she realizes that Issue 9 is still in boxes near the front door. So she finishes inking the panel, then grabs the boxes on comics and the order list, straps the comics to the back of her motorcycle, and heads out to make her deliveries. She hand delivers the comics to make sure she keeps a relationship with the owners, since her comic book is still independent.

David Montague wakes up at his normal time, usually about four hours before Bill finally opens his eyes. As per his morning routine, he checks his e-mail and the messages on the answering machine. On the answering machine, he gets a call from a new customer, Mr. Casey McFarlane, owner of Casey?s Comics. It seems he needs David to hook up his newly acquired computer, and help him set up internet access and a way to print out receipts. David writes a note for Bill, grabs his stuff, and heads to Casey?s.

Peyton is coming halfway through her deliveries and next on her list? Casey?s Comics. Casey?s is where she gets most of her personal comic books. She walks in to find Casey talking with David, who is putting together a computer behind the counter. Casey instantly greets Peyton with excitement. He asks about the new issue, to which Peyton replies, ?You?ll just have to read it.? Casey runs to the back room to fetch something. David and Peyton have an awkward greeting followed by an uncomfortable silence? probably because David is mute. Casey returns with a bag full of Peyton?s comic, and a rolled up poster sticking out of the top. Casey unrolls it to show Peyton her favorite comic book character signed by the artist. Peyton, floored, asks how much. Casey shakes his head. ?No, I picked it up for you.? She asks him to hold it for her until the end of the day.

Suddenly, Peyton and David hear something from the back of the store.

?You?re killing me!?

David asks to use the restroom, and excuses himself to the back, finding a back door and looking around? nothing in the alley behind the store. Peyton walks to the back of the store, nonchalantly looking at comic books, and comes to a curtain separating the comic book store from a room in the back. Peyton tries to read the thoughts of whoever?s back there.

?I?m going to die. I?m going to die, I know it!?

She shifts her regular clothes into her superhero outfit, and steps behind the curtain. She sees four men standing around a table, hunched over papers and dice. One of the men says, ?I can?t believe I rolled a 1! I?m gonna die!?

Embarrassed, she steps back out and shifts back into normal clothes. Luckily, she wasn?t spotted by any of the men.

Fast forward four hours: Peyton has returned, and David is still there. Apparently Casey?s knowledge of computers is somewhere between a chimp and my grandmother. He has spent the whole day setting up Galaxies for him, as well as walking to a computer store down the street to buy a printer. Peyton asks for her bag.

Meanwhile, Bill is watching TV when the phone rings. It?s Dr. Bracks, and the bank has just told him that his MasterCard was used at a Home Depot twenty minutes ago. He thanks the doctor and calls David. David tells him to meet him at Casey?s Comics and to bring the costumes.

David finishes his job, and gets paid by Casey. Casey hands Peyton David?s business card and gives him a good referral. Peyton leaves, on her way to lunch at McDonalds. Bill meets David, and they realize that the Home Depot is right up the street. As they walk, they also notice that a compute store is a block away from the Home Depot? the same computer store that David had been to earlier in the day. At the Home Depot, they check out the paint section. There is a young man, looking at spray paint. He picks up silver spray paint and walks past David and Bill. They look for the green spray paint? and it?s ALL GONE! They run across the street from the computer store, and inadvertently pass

14. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Issue 3: Hooked Up!
    David gets home and immediately begins to get ready for his date with the lovely and talented Peyton Jade. While he?s in the shower, Bill is watching the news, looking for word about the capture of the Vile Boyz. Peyton, in her apartment, is also watching for the same reason. The report covers the robbery of the computer store and the capture of the Vile Boyz, but no mention of any super hero activity. Peyton curses in her head and resolves that in the next issue of Blyss, that reporter is going to pay!

While David is brushing, Bill knocks on the door asking if he wants to get something to eat. David tells him that he has other plans, but he?d be fine with doing it tomorrow. Bill, crushed, orders a pizza.

David makes it to the restaurant ten minutes early, and waits to be seated. Little does he know that Peyton is planning on showing up 10 minutes late. He waits for fifteen minutes, and then his table is ready. He asks the waiter to have Peyton join him. Peyton walks in twenty minutes late? thanks to the traffic. She asks the lady at the front who has just come on shift, and who doesn?t know which ?David? she?s looking for. Then the waiter whispers to the woman that a Ms. Peyton will be joining David Montague shortly. With Peyton?s super senses, she hears this and informs them she is Peyton. She is shown to the table.

Dinner went well? but it would have went more smooth if Peyton hadn?t ordered lobster? the most expensive thing on the menu, resulting in David almost choking on his water. Peyton had lobster and wine, while David had linguini and water. Then, came a strange smell.

David smelled it first, but couldn?t recognize it. Peyton smelled it next and instantly knew what it was. ?Someone?s smoking marijuana, ?she thought. The smell became stronger, and a mist was covering the restaurant. The sounds of giggling surrounded them. Peyton decided to find out just what was going on. She excused herself to the restroom, and on the way, she saw white smoke billowing out of the kitchen. When Peyton returned, David suggested they get some fresh air. On their way out, the waiter giddily confronted them with the bill? Peyton paid.

Outside, they noticed that there was a purple van running near the door to the kitchen. They decided to go back inside, and investigate the kitchen. When they walked back in, bedlam ensued. People were stoned out of their minds, laughing and talking loud, staggering and knocking things over. Peyton and David made their way to the kitchen. Opening the kitchen doors, they were hit with a blast of the smoke, and both were heavily affected by it. Peyton saw that all the smoke was coming from the corner of the kitchen, and she made her way to it. She looked back at David, and she said, ?Y?know, I never had any intent on a relationship with you?? Then she started rambling on about Taco Bell? she looked back again, and saw David punching things into his phone. ?Don?t even bother, I like girls.? Suddenly, a figure rushed past Peyton and grabbed whatever was causing the smoke. Peyton and David staggered towards the kitchen?s back door, and the figure passed them up ran out the door. As Peyton walked outside, the back doors to the van closed and the figure made his way to the driver?s seat.

Peyton, aware enough to know this guy couldn?t be allowed to leave, used her telekinesis to hold the van in place as he tried to drive off. The wheels spun furiously, kicking up dust and smoke. David walked out as the van stopped. The guy got out of the van and walked around with a bag in his hand. He seemed to be looking for something holding on to his van. Peyton said, ?Having car trouble?? Then she used her TK to pull his bag to the ground and hold it there. The bag clunked to the ground. He tried to pull it, but it wouldn?t budge. He tried with all his might, but to no avail. Then he ran back to the van. Peyton followed him and tried to slam the van door shut, but he was able to jump in, catching his

15. MR-V1N

MR-V1N Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2003
    It's Mega-man

I wanted the spelling to differ from the "videogame/cartoon/toys" Megaman.

Yes, Megaman still exists in our M&M universe, even though the "Megaman" videogame,cartoon, and toys has never been mentioned in our game yet.

... He may, or may not.

16. MR-V1N

MR-V1N Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2003
    >Bill, crushed, orders a pizza.<

Mega-man is NOT gay! ;)

17. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Issue 4: In Search of Disgusto & MENSA Troubles

Bill and David couldn?t sit around and wait for Disgusto to strike again. David rationalized that with the Vile Boyz behind bars, Disgusto must need to recruit another gang of miscreants. So Bill and David don their superhero costumes and head to the bad part of town, a place that is frequented by street gangs, drug dealers, and prostitutes.

As they make their way down the street, they notice a group of young hoodlums dressed in blue, sitting on the steps of a tenement building. The group is made up of mostly African-American males ages 16-22. It is a slightly larger group than The Dominator would like so they pass them by on the other side of the street.

Suddenly, they see another, slightly larger group of Latino youths dressed primarily in red walking towards the group of ?blues?. The Dominator and Mega-Man find a hiding spot to watch what happens. The two groups begin with name-calling and jokes, then it turns to yelling, and finally gun shots are fired. Chaos erupts, and all The Dominator and Mega-Man can do is hide and watch. One of the reds notices Mega-Man?s blue costume and starts running over. The Dominator mind blasts him, sending his crashing to the ground, and then lifts him and floats him to the alleyway. More gunshots and screams of hate and pain. They seem to be killing themselves. Another two reds spot Mega-man and run towards him. One is mind blasted by The Dominator, but the other is running at full speed towards Mega-Man. Mega-Man flies low to the ground, a little too low as he scrapes against the concrete, tearing his Mega-Man outfit at the chest. Mega-Man flies straight for the man?s legs, grabs them and flings him towards the building. Unfortunately, he tosses him high, and he crashes through a window and into a civilian?s house, who begins to scream at the dead gang member.

Mega-Man with the Dominator and the 2 unconscious gang members in his arm flies up to the top of the building. They wake one up and begin to interrogate him about whether someone who fits the description of Disgusto was recruiting young thugs to be in his group. The Latino is uncooperative, until Mega-Man holds his hand up and threatens to energy blast him in the face. This loosened his tongue a bit. He mentioned that there were new guys who didn?t fit in coming around. He said they wear business suits and are buying large sections of the Ghetto. After realizing that the guy knew nothing of Disgusto, they let them go, but not before taking their money, and their jewelry.

They head to another part of town, a place frequented by teenagers out way past their curfews. There was a rave going on in a condemned bar, and young people were coming out of the woodwork. The Dominator and Mega-Man land on the roof, and look for someone who fits a Vile Boy profile. They see a young punk with a girl heading to the party. The Dominator lifts the two up to the roof, and knocks out the screaming girl with a stunning mental blast.

Again, they interrogate the youth, and again Mega-Man threatens shoving an energy blast down his throat. But this time, the youth knows Disgusto. His brother was killed by a fallen piece of ceiling in Disgusto?s last robbery. He wants revenge, and he knows someone who might be able to find him, but first, he wants some compensation for his help. Mega-Man shows the large, gold Gang symbol necklace he took from the Latinos. Mega-Man tells him he can have it after he gets them information. The kid says he wants something now, so Mega-Man gives him earrings he took from the gang member. Mega-Man starts to give him his cell number, but The Dominator tells him that would be bad. They tell the kid to meet back here tomorrow at midnight. And then, they head for home.

David wakes up the next morning and goes through his morning routine. While checking his e-mails, he comes across a message from MENSA, a well-known group for individuals with high IQs, asking to ta

18. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    I'd like some feedback on the stories I'm posting, including (but not limited to) pointing out errors, thoughts on how the story is progressing, if you notice some detail that you missed when we played that game, and just an overall take on the where the story is going and where you'd like to see it go. Plus, I wanna make sure everyone's actually reading it ;) .

19. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    I for one am glad you're posting the stories, It helps me keep up to date and I am enjoying reading about what is going on.

20. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    I'll try to have the Death of Disgusto up today, but no guarentees.

21. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000

22. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000

23. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Issue 5: The Demise of Disgusto

Mega-Man and the Dominator make their way back to the rendezvous point. The kid is there on time, and they lift him up to the roof. He tells them that he found out Disgusto is not recruiting another gang, but is looking for a bodyguard to protect him from ?costumed freaks?. There is supposed to be a meeting at a small Italian restaurant with the potential bodyguards the next day at 8am. The kid says he?s going to try out for it, so he can kill Disgusto. Mega-Man and The Dominator decide to watch the meeting to protect the kid and arrest Disgusto. The head home to get a little sleep before the meeting.

Peyton Jade, spending all of yesterday working on her comic, decides to go out early the next morning and stop some crime. She patrols New York City, starting at 7am.

Mega-Man and the Dominator camp out on a rooftop next to the meeting point. On the street, two men stand outside the restaurant, waiting. The Dominator spots their informant walking up to the men and joins them in waiting.

Charm happens to be flying over this part of town and notices the two heroes on the top of the roof. She lands to see what?s going on.

?We?re waiting for Disgusto.? , Mega-Man says.

?And who are they??, Charm says, pointing to the now 5 men standing outside the restaurant.

?Disgusto?s bodyguards.?, Mega-Man answers.

With a smile, Charm telekinetically pinches off a vein in the biggest one?s brain. The man slumps to the ground. The rest of the men look around nervously. One checks his pulse, while another just kicks the body. Charm does the same thing to him, and he falls to the ground, dead as well. The Dominator eyes Charm suspiciously. Suddenly, a black Hummer pulls up, and a door opens. The windows are tinted, but Charm can tell there is only the driver. The three other men file into the Hummer, and it takes off.

Charm looks at Mega-Man. ?You sure this is where Disgusto is??

?That?s what we heard.?

Charm holds the Hummer in place, as the tires squeal and peel out. ?Let?s see if Disgusto is in there.? Charm begins to telekinetically crunch the Hummer in from all angles. Then she lifts the vehicle up to their level. Mega-Man aims to shoot a hole through the Hummer, but The Dominator stops him, in fear of him hurting the people inside.

Mega-Man flies up to the Hummer to peek inside. He tries punching a hole through the windshield, but only ends up making a spider web-like crack. He goes to punch again, just as Charm tries pulling the windshield out, causing Mega-Mans arm to go through the window. He looks in? no Disgusto. Mega-Man asks, ?Where?s Disgusto?? The driver says he?ll say nothing to ?you costumed freak!?

Charm hears this and sends the van up into the air until she can?t reach it anymore. Mega-Man follows, telling them to tell him where Disgusto is. Charm lets the van down fast, then stops it, and The Dominator sets it down on top of the Italian Restaurant. Mega-Man and Charm look inside at the freaked out passengers. The driver pulls out a gun, but Charm sees it and pulls it from his hand and sends it flying. The other passengers are more cooperative. They tell them that they don?t know where Disgusto is, and that they were only told to wait outside the restaurant at 8am.

Charm realizes the driver may be the only one who knows anything useful, so she grabs him and takes him for a flight. After a lot of threatening, he finally tells her that he was supposed to pick up the bodyguard applicants and take them to a warehouse where they would be tested. He gives her the location.

The three of them fly off to confront Disgusto. They land near the location and come up with a plan. The Dominator and Charm begin to argue about Charm?s use of force when dealing with what she calls ?bad guys?. The Dominator believes that, like police, a hero should apprehend and only resort to violence and killing when the hero?s life is being threatened. Charm believes that killing bad guys makes the worl

24. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    I am amazed at your ability to recall all of that.

BTW, did you delete my post? ("We've heard that before...")

I wasn't trying to be antagonistic, I was trying to make a (lame) joke because you posted the same exact thing a second time, it looked like you just copied and pasted it, and didn't bother correcting the spelling...

Just a joke... a bad one I guess... I should have put in winky smileys or something... Sorry!

25. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    I did copy and paste it each day... but I didn't delete your post, you must not have posted it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.