main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official* Need Help From Fellow Collectors Thread

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, Sep 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    As the title says, this is the Official "Need Help From Fellow Collectors Thread." Instead of posting a thread each time we want to know how much something is worth, where can we find it etc. Post your question here. This is a thread where collectors can help fellow collectors out with information and advice.

2. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Now, I need some help myself. I am searching the web for pictures of Vintage Star Wars weapons. I remember a site several years ago had them, but I no longer have a link for it. The site had pictures of each vintage weapon and the weapons were numbered. There was a table below that listed which figure every weapon belonged to. Thanks in advance for your help!

3. ThePostman

ThePostman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
  4. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Thanks Postman! That helps a lot. I wish I still had the link to the other website though. It had actual photographs of each weapon and accessory that ever came with a figure. *sigh* But the link you gave me will work out just fine! Thanks again!

5. Akela9

Akela9 Jedi Master

Jul 11, 2001
    You might also try this link.

I was trying to find the URL for a list I printed a while back. It's a six-page document that has a picture of each weapon along with a description of the figure(s) to whom they belong. Unfortunately, I didn't adjust the margin settings for my printer, so the URL does not show on the footer. I wrote "www.theforce.net/collecting" on it, but a search of that area got me nothing. Either it's gone or it'll be hard to find.

Hope this helps. If I find the document I'm looking for I'll post that address for you.

6. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    ^ Thanks Akela9 that is very similar to the site I was talking about. I have this tin filled with vintage weapons that I have been meaning to go through and put with the action figures. I know all the usual ones but I have some less common ones I can't figure out. God forbid I put a Biker Scout blaster with a Rebel Soldier! [face_shocked] LOL!

7. ThePostman

May 19, 2002
    If you had a whole bunch of time you could try to use the Rebelscum database. That would take a lot of time though.

8. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    What is the best way/best product to use to take gummy residue from stickers, off of the carded action figures, without damaging the card?

9. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    MJF:
    In response to your last question, I've discovered that soap, warm water and a paper towel are probably your best combination to get rid of the sticky stuff, while preserving the condition of the card. Best of luck!

10. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    MJF what you do is if the sticker is on the card board use a HAIR DRYER to heat it up. It then will peel of and leave no sticky stuff on it.

If it is on the bubble use NAIL POLISH remover and a Q-tip. Dab a little on the Q-tip and rub it on the sticker and no sticky stuff will be left on it.

11. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    ^ Thanks Royal Guard and robert, I have never heard of those ways before. I guess sometimes the simplest and easiest tools work best huh? :)

12. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Hey I want to get another Yoda is 6.99 worth it?

13. ThePostman

May 19, 2002
    OH yeah I'm lookin at picking up another one myself, but why so expensive?

14. LittleGreenMaster

LittleGreenMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 2002
    YEs,YES,YES Drac get another Yoda :p
    You could get it at KMart, Maybe you could find the 2-pk with Clone Commander, 2 figs $10! :) I got it! Your going to need an extra Yoda & Clones when you get the Gunship ;) and I've found that the Clone/Yoda is the Most plentiful of Yoda 2-pks at KMart. :D LGM

15. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    That`s Amazon`s price,for it!

16. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    This may not exactly fit here, but I can't find anywhere else to ask.

Does anyone know where I can find a good motion screen saver for free? I can't seem to find one that I really like. Any help would be appreciated.

17. Droid_Runner

Droid_Runner Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 23, 2002
    Is the Clone Pilot hard to find for you too?
    I gave up (in so. California).

18. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    I haven't seen the Clone Pilot yet. Of course I haven't seen many new figures here.

19. ThePostman

May 19, 2002
    No all the stores near me are frozen on their shipments so no hope anywhere for me at least for the time being.

20. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    I know the shipments down here in North Carolina are two months behind everyone else so no clone trooper yet.

-Universal

21. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    all the stores in maryland have frozen their orders too , God that is annoying

22. ThePostman

May 19, 2002
    Yeah it kind of puts a damper on collecting all the figures now doesnt it...

23. LittleGreenMaster

LittleGreenMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 2002
    Still haven't seen Gunship Clone Pilot here either! :( I'm going for a quick toy hunt in a little while, just a couple of stores, Maybe I'll get Lucky & find something

24. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    Hey we all can go over to Brians toys and buy the Clone Piolt for $15. [face_laugh]

For that price you could buy 3 of them at Wal-Mart or Target

25. ThePostman

May 19, 2002
    If only the Eastern Seaboards shipments wern't froze...

I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.