*Official* Need Help From Fellow Collectors Thread

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, Sep 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
  1. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    As the title says, this is the Official "Need Help From Fellow Collectors Thread." Instead of posting a thread each time we want to know how much something is worth, where can we find it etc. Post your question here. This is a thread where collectors can help fellow collectors out with information and advice.

2. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Now, I need some help myself. I am searching the web for pictures of Vintage Star Wars weapons. I remember a site several years ago had them, but I no longer have a link for it. The site had pictures of each vintage weapon and the weapons were numbered. There was a table below that listed which figure every weapon belonged to. Thanks in advance for your help!
  3. ThePostman Jedi Master

star 4
  4. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Thanks Postman! That helps a lot. I wish I still had the link to the other website though. It had actual photographs of each weapon and accessory that ever came with a figure. *sigh* But the link you gave me will work out just fine! Thanks again!
  5. Akela9 Jedi Knight

You might also try this link.

I was trying to find the URL for a list I printed a while back. It's a six-page document that has a picture of each weapon along with a description of the figure(s) to whom they belong. Unfortunately, I didn't adjust the margin settings for my printer, so the URL does not show on the footer. I wrote "www.theforce.net/collecting" on it, but a search of that area got me nothing. Either it's gone or it'll be hard to find.

Hope this helps. If I find the document I'm looking for I'll post that address for you.
  6. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    ^ Thanks Akela9 that is very similar to the site I was talking about. I have this tin filled with vintage weapons that I have been meaning to go through and put with the action figures. I know all the usual ones but I have some less common ones I can't figure out. God forbid I put a Biker Scout blaster with a Rebel Soldier! [face_shocked] LOL!
  7. ThePostman Jedi Master

star 4
    If you had a whole bunch of time you could try to use the Rebelscum database. That would take a lot of time though.
  8. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    What is the best way/best product to use to take gummy residue from stickers, off of the carded action figures, without damaging the card?
  9. royalguard96 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    MJF:
    In response to your last question, I've discovered that soap, warm water and a paper towel are probably your best combination to get rid of the sticky stuff, while preserving the condition of the card. Best of luck!
  10. robertyodarugenstein Jedi Master

star 4
    MJF what you do is if the sticker is on the card board use a HAIR DRYER to heat it up. It then will peel of and leave no sticky stuff on it.

If it is on the bubble use NAIL POLISH remover and a Q-tip. Dab a little on the Q-tip and rub it on the sticker and no sticky stuff will be left on it.
  11. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    ^ Thanks Royal Guard and robert, I have never heard of those ways before. I guess sometimes the simplest and easiest tools work best huh? :)
  12. Drac39 Force Ghost

star 6
    Hey I want to get another Yoda is 6.99 worth it?
  13. ThePostman Jedi Master

star 4
    OH yeah I'm lookin at picking up another one myself, but why so expensive?
  14. LittleGreenMaster Jedi Master

star 4
    YEs,YES,YES Drac get another Yoda :p
    You could get it at KMart, Maybe you could find the 2-pk with Clone Commander, 2 figs $10! :) I got it! Your going to need an extra Yoda & Clones when you get the Gunship ;) and I've found that the Clone/Yoda is the Most plentiful of Yoda 2-pks at KMart. :D LGM
  15. Drac39 Force Ghost

star 6
    That`s Amazon`s price,for it!
  16. JediJunkie247 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    This may not exactly fit here, but I can't find anywhere else to ask.

Does anyone know where I can find a good motion screen saver for free? I can't seem to find one that I really like. Any help would be appreciated.
  17. Droid_Runner Jedi Knight

star 1
    Is the Clone Pilot hard to find for you too?
    I gave up (in so. California).
  18. JediJunkie247 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I haven't seen the Clone Pilot yet. Of course I haven't seen many new figures here.
  19. ThePostman Jedi Master

star 4
    No all the stores near me are frozen on their shipments so no hope anywhere for me at least for the time being.
  20. UniversalDestiny Jedi Master

star 4
    I know the shipments down here in North Carolina are two months behind everyone else so no clone trooper yet.

-Universal
  21. Master-Fett Force Ghost

star 6
    all the stores in maryland have frozen their orders too , God that is annoying
  22. ThePostman Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah it kind of puts a damper on collecting all the figures now doesnt it...
  23. LittleGreenMaster Jedi Master

star 4
    Still haven't seen Gunship Clone Pilot here either! :( I'm going for a quick toy hunt in a little while, just a couple of stores, Maybe I'll get Lucky & find something
  24. robertyodarugenstein Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey we all can go over to Brians toys and buy the Clone Piolt for $15. [face_laugh]

For that price you could buy 3 of them at Wal-Mart or Target
  25. ThePostman Jedi Master

star 4
    If only the Eastern Seaboards shipments wern't froze...

I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe.
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.