main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX **OFFICIAL** New Members Welcome to Houston FanForce!

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Queenie Amidala, Jun 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crystala

crystala Jedi Master star 1

May 7, 2002
    Welcome to the Houston FanForce Nathan.

We have several things going on this and next month and hope you will be able to attend at least a couple of them. This Saturday we are having an informal luncheon and then next month we are busy! We will be going to Moody Gardens on the 1st to see the opening of AOTC at their IMAX, on the 2nd we are going to have one heck of a Halloween Party. We also have a trip to the Renaissance Festival planned, the Star Wars Beginner's game RPG, and more than likely an official meeting sometime late in November.

2. Grand_Duchess_Olga

Grand_Duchess_Olga Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Hi folks,

I'm a librarian and I live by Intercontinental Airport. The first time I've seen ANH in the theaters was with the special edition in 1997, but I saw ESB and RotJ when they first came out. I've been a fan a long time, but I don't have much in acquisitions. I've been trying to make gowns (based on the movies) of Padme/Amidala with some Amidala dolls I bought. I also own some Marvel comics of Star Wars. I don't like the Dark Horse series for Dark Empire I and II, since the characters were so abstract.

Anyway, I'm glad I finally am posting on this board.

3. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    Greetings and welcome.

4. Slowmo

Slowmo Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2002
    Well welcome to our little part of the world. We're glad to have you aboard...no pun intended.

5. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    Welcome, Grand_Duchess_Olga. I hope you'll come to a future FF activity. We should be planning a new one soon.

6. AlexiAlexander

AlexiAlexander Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2002
    Hello, you're much braver than me if your attempting any of those crazy epI dresses.

7. AlexiAlexander

Jun 3, 2002
    Then again I made eight SW costumes for Holloween this past year and that includes a failed attempt at Aayla Secura I came so very close but alas it was too far. For next year I'm starting early on an epI handmaiden dress for myself and the Tatooine Padme dress,the pretty one with the bare mid-riff, and I'll probably make another princess Leia and a random Jedi. I hope we can share tips. Sewing is one of the few things I love more than Star Wars so when I can combine the two I'm in hog heaven.

8. Slowmo

Slowmo Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2002
    Whoo hoo...we have a few more costumers in the area! Buck...we gotta recuit these two!

Doug

9. Bladecarver

Bladecarver Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 26, 2002
    Hello, my name is John Millner. I live in Kingwood. I'm 28. Lived in Kingwood area since I was 7. Married 1/9/99, and wife in USAF moved to Dover, DE. Came back in July '02. Just stumbled into this board, and according to the map, thought Houston was in SouthWest. Anyway, I have been a huge SW fan since I saw ROTJ at the theatre. Read most of the books. Would love to find group in are to RPG with. Have most of SW games for PC, PS, and PS2. Very much looking forward to SW Galaxies, and would love to be able to form some sort of Houston community on the game. How could we get that started I wonder. If you wanna talk, email jmillner@wholesaleelectric.com or bladecarver@hotmail.com. Have MSN messenger at home.

10. bebo_lokk

bebo_lokk Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 16, 2001
    Welcome to the group John. It stays pretty quiet here until an event or controversy comes up >:D

Doug, the more the merrier in our little costuming world! How's that jet pack coming along?

11. Cerina_Warlu

Cerina_Warlu Jedi Youngling

Dec 4, 2002
    Hey y'all!! My name is Reese, or you can call me Cerina Warlu (it's my Jedi name).I'm 20 and live in the Jersey Village area, about 2 miles from Sam Houston Race Park. I moved (back) to Houston about a year ago. (We lived here until I was 12 then my mom uprooted us to Austin)I'm soo very happy to be back in Houston. I love it here. I've been a Star Wars fan since I was about 6 and my dad told me that "we're Star Wars fans, not Star Trekkies. Remember that." (No kidding those were his exact words, I'll always remember them.) But I've become a "Star Wars freak" only in the past 2 years. Thanks to my ex and my old roomies.

I love Star Wars because it has so many levels. You can love it no matter what, there's something for everyone. I don't collect anything, nor do I ever attend any conventions or anything. I really just like to sit and talk about it and analyze the hell outta it. Everything from Luke's real influence on his father to whether Palpatine wears boxers or briefs. (I think he goes commando, but my friends disagree)

There isn't anything I won't talk about. And I'm really looking to interacting with fellow "freaks" in my neck of the woods. Since I left all my buddies in Austin. Anyways, I'm on aol (Moonchilde00) and yahoo (cereese82) and MSN (Cerina_Warlu) so feel free to gimme a "ring".

12. Crunchy

Crunchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 29, 2000
  13. AlexiAlexander

Jun 3, 2002
    Hello, and Hello. I agree about Palpatine but since that is a messy subject I'll refer you to the thread about support garments in the lit. forum.

14. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Welcome, John & Reese! :D

Sorry I'm late. Glad to see new faces around & I hope to see y'all soon at future events!

15. shadesaw

shadesaw Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2003
    Hi, everyone in the Houston forum. I have been looking around the forum. There is so much to look at. I live in the Hillcroft and Richmond. I watch the fan films and read the fan fiction. Like everyone else here in the forum I try to get as much SW as possible.

16. yodaboy

yodaboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 5, 2001
    i have a question: who are these high council people and what do they do?

17. merlin

merlin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]They are Fan Force Officers and are supposed to make decisions for the Fan Force as in Activites and whatnot. Also to organize things such as how to promote the Fan Force and all that. [/color]

18. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    The Jawa is correct.

And welcome to the FanForce, shadesaw! I hope you'll be able to get some of your Star Wars fix here with us. ;)

19. Master-Omaj-Kadub

Master-Omaj-Kadub Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 22, 2000
    Welcome Shadesaw.....I believe you live down the street from me.....
    "watch out for the black and white"

20. Nephizul

Nephizul Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2003
    Hello fellow Fans!!!
    I have not been apart of the forums for very long, however I have been a fan since as long as I can remember. A little information about myself: 24 years old and in Orange, not married, and interested in Star Wars, RPGs, books and various other things...
    My AOL IM name is WranglerRacer24 feel free to send a message.
    Also looking foward to meeting everyone at some event in the near future.

21. JediJasen

JediJasen Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 15, 2002
    Hello Houstonites. [face_plain] Ummm....*goes blank*

First time posting here. My name is Jason. I am living in Nacogdoches where I am attending school at SFA - majoring in Art and Art History. I'm originally from Pennsylvania and a member of the S.W.A.P. (Star Wars Association of Pittsburgh - Three Rivers, One Force). I guess I'm posting here because its the nearest FF. I think it is anyway. Well I've been here for nearly a year now so I really dont know.

I'm 24 years old and have been a SW fan pretty much all my life. I never saw ANH or ESB in theatre cause I was still a cute widdle baby. ^_^ But I did see RotJ in a drive-in theatre when I lived in California. Only problem was, was that I fell asleep and the only thing I remembered from the movie was Jabba's face. And thus, the seed was planted.

My infatuation with SW didnt peek until the trilogy was re-released in 1997. Anyway. I was psyched to hear Lucas was adding scenes to the movies and so I bought the trilogy again. THEN I heard he was going to make three more movies? My infatuation had come full circle.

I love the movies. I collect the figures. (I have all the Ep1 figures with the Maul card) I've only read three SW books and tried the X-Wing series but just didnt get into it. I'm not too big on the EU though (btw, Boba Fett is dead), but I'm hoping to start reading the NJO books, especially since they are coming to an end. I've played just about every SW video game and wish I had them all but oh well. I like the TCG but two reasons I dont play it:
    No money
    No one to play with.

And yes, I do know there is a Jacen in the EU. But I wanted my name to be my SN so I just kept the 'e' and I've used this name so long, being my email address, chat name etc, that I've thought about officially changing it to that. Who knows.

Anyone here a member of the 501st? I've been pondering joining it - to be a Royal Guard.

Well I think thats a lot for a first introduction. Sorry to make you read so much on such a hot day and fry your brain.

Jasen

22. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    Welcome Shade and Jasen. Nacogdoches? Yes, I am very familiar with that town, though I have not been there in a number of years.

And yodaboy, yes, as Laura said, the Jawa is correct. Our officers are myself, Queenie Amidala, Crystala and Fingorfin. Weaves was also, at one time, an officer. We act as a group to plan events and make various decisions regarding the HFF. As CR, I'm sort of like the chairman, simply put.

23. merlin

merlin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 1999
    "As CR, I'm sort of like the chairman, simply put."

[color=663300]Don't you mean Emperor? :p[/color]

24. goldbubbly

goldbubbly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2002
    david DID say simply 8-}

welcome newbies to the HFF :)

25. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    I live about 50 minutes away from Nacogdoches.I was wondering which FF group would I fall under here in Texas? Or can I just pick which group I want to join with? There is about 3 or 4 Texas FF groups that are about the same distance apart from me.

Since I live East Texas I was thinking that I should start a Star Wars group in my area I have already come up with a cool name.

Star
    Wars
    Enthusiasts of
    East
    Texas or S.W.E.E.T. for short.

Unfortunately I don't know anybody around here that is a big Star Wars fan.

I also don't know if I want to join any groups right now. I'm just kind of looking around. Some infomation about your group would be hot. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.