main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series *Official* New Season 3 Trailer Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Sable_Hart, Dec 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Engelhast-

-Engelhast- Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2010
    ^
    Nice. Thanks for the Link.

2. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    I'm not sure where I stand on dark, beyond the fact that I prefer 'light' but recognise many good stories can come from 'dark'. I'm not even sure if my definition of dark fits with that of what we're thinking of in this topic. All I know is that I hope it doesn't overcome the cores of fun, adventure, heroism and characters that we've come to expect from Star Wars.

But then again, to quote a much revered EU text...
    So yeah. I'm pretty sure this'll make a lot of people happy. :D

3. Amdrag

Amdrag Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 26, 2008
    The "political" episodes should be vital, but they have neither been good or all that political. That has always been my major problem with the "political" episodes. Nothing but sloppy, hamfisted writing, with characters I can muster no concern for.

4. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    veeeeery funny o_O
    you know i meant in that trailer :_| also "alien" is specistic term that depends from one's point of view[face_shame_on_you]

5. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    I guess I didn't get what you were saying. ;)

6. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Have any of these characters appeared in the EU?

7. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Can we please stop trashing the fantasy parts of this trailer? It's seriously getting on my nerves. It's like when people talked crap about "HOBS" and then after watching the episode, most people were "Wow! That was a great episode!" :rolleyes:

Overlords: "Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Ahsoka Tano are drawn to the mysterious planet of Mortis. As Anakin learns about his destiny from a family of powerful Force users?the Father, Son, and Daughter?he faces his most difficult challenge yet. Can he bring balance to the Force?"

Altar of Mortis: "As the Jedi attempt to escape Mortis, Ahsoka is taken captive as a lure to seduce Anakin Skywalker to join the dark side. As Anakin battles against dark forces, the Father attempts to stop a confrontation between his children, which threatens to unbalance the Force completely."

Ghosts of Mortis: "Anakin Skywalker must choose between the light and dark side of the Force as he gains a disturbing insight into his own future. Meanwhile, Obi-Wan and Ahsoka prepare for a decisive confrontation in their effort to unravel the mysteries of the planet. Can they ever escape Mortis?"

Red-Eyes is the Son, the Angelic Woman is the Daughter, and presumably the Wizard Dude is the Father.

8. Executor_of_Order66

Executor_of_Order66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 2009
    ^^^ Interesting don't know where you found that but I hope these episodes come after the Savage Arc cause I want to understand this whole mystery.

9. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    "Overlords" is next episode after "Witches of the Mist"

10. sithreaper

sithreaper Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 8, 2004
    Interesting, can?t wait to see this ark. To say they look powerful is an understatement they look extremely powerful, how can they unbalance the force??? This has to be the episode that Anakin finally starts coming into his own. I?m 100% with the group that think that the father is the shaman of the Whills.

11. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Good that you are here to tell us these things[face_tired] let's talk about "How Plo Koon is NOT awesome" would that be better?o_O I think we are free to share our opinions if we won't offend anyone personally -what you are saying is that everyone has to like this fantasy and that's not fair and it's seriously getting on my nerves[face_not_talking]

I admit i misjudged HOBS and i shouldn't judge this yet either[face_peace] but i have a bad feeling about adding these kind of gods to the Star Wars-universe[face_worried]

12. Tordelback

Tordelback Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 14, 2008
    Witches of the Mist trailer on You-Tube, for those of us without Cartoon Network's 'favoured nation' status:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il0r4ejwbNM

13. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    I'll avoid that- thanks for the warning[face_peace] ....still i'm gonna watch all spoilers of mortis-arc -better to be spoiled if episodes are bad as i fear.....

14. Darth_Tarkus

Darth_Tarkus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2011
    Hahaha a very fascinating policy my friend.

15. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    Who says they are gods? You're always jumping to conclusions.

16. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    they are either stupid overkills or mystics above normal people- (technically gods then from a certain point of view) ok ok "Overlords" i hope they're not any gods though- let them be just poorly designed overkills....

17. FistoFan93

FistoFan93 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 27, 2009
    why is everything that's not normal poor?

18. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    Maybe they're just wise sages or shamans. (shamen? nah) Maybe the father is a prophet. Who knows? Mystics aren't always god-like beings. In fact, most aren't.

Chill, dude. You're so anxious about it, you're making me laugh all the time. [face_laugh] In a good way! :p

19. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011

I am NOT saying everyone HAS to like the fantasy part. I reread my post and I don't see it anywhere. All I'm saying is that maybe we should watch the episodes before we trash them. I agree with HumbleJedi, you're overreacting to the trailer and you're overreacting to my post. And if you think Plo Koon isn't awesome, I really couldn't care less. Sorry, but I'm being honest.

20. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
  21. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Is Sy Snootles normal? No still i liked hunt for Ziro- but this is ridiculous what divine creatures these are if their confrontation can "unbalance the Force completely" and Anakin's destiny is -according to movies- to destroy the sith- if that will be changed good bye TCW i don't watch the show that ruins the movies i like:mad:-

whole idea of saga is that- now it seems they invented something new to replace the ROTS and OT- since i cannot see how this could work with them- if it does then i may accept it - of course would be odd if they would say "we will change the timeline and Anakin won't turn to Dark Side"- i think they never would do that, they just "foreshadow" his fate and that's not really interesting we all know it already[face_tired] -

but it's still very distasteful to see how this is obviously invented after the saga and they try to put this to work with it- it doesn't work- at all- this is not Star Wars and it has nothing to do with it- how could it- since SW has no mention of Mortis and this is now apparently the most important place in the whole galaxy.... why this is not mentioned in the movies if it's so damn important?:_| - compared to this Anakin could have had dozen padawans -this is a HUUUUUGEEE plothole that takes the whole TCW with it and makes it very very unbelievable addition to continuity.....

They better have a good explanation to get rid of this Mortis and it's overlords since Obi-Wan happens to forget them at least...

If you don't care- how it is getting on your nerves:confused: I think speculation and talking about eps before they air is ok and these look very bad- i don't know if they are but i cannot believe they would be good- i'm just honest when i say i think so and i think i can share my opinion just as you do

22. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
  23. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Calvin's imaginary tiger?

Or Heroes on Both Sides...

24. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I don't know if spoilers are allowed here or not. I'm just speculating based on the descriptions of the episodes, but the speculation kind of gives away the descriptions if someone has not read them.

I guess I've got to go with the theory that they are Whills now. Towards the beginning of the trailer when Anakin is chained up in the arena the "dragon forms" look to me like statues. I wonder if the "wizard guy" - should he turn out to be a Whill (possibly even a "shaman?") - made the evil guy and good girl statues to bring peace, and maybe he sees that Anakin is the Chosen One and brings his children out of their gargoyle forms in the hopes that Anakin can resolve their dispute?

I'm guessing maybe the idea of love - as is mentioned in the ROTS novelization, but not the movie - might be explored more here. The father might be an impartial chronicler of galactic events, whereas his children have discovered their force abilities with the son opting to follow the Dark Side while the daughter follows the "light" side. The son might be looking for a way to corrupt Anakin or perhaps get off planet and assert his power? The daughter might have an attitude similar to Yoda in ESB, such that she feels her brother cannot be redeemed and must die for the sake of the galaxy? Then perhaps the father does not wish his son to cause further harm, but also loves his son and so not wishing him destroyed puts them in stasis to halt their fighting?

Then Anakin shows up, the chronicler (father) recognizes him as the Chosen One and brings his children out of stasis (gargoyle form) hoping the Anakin can restore peace? Perhaps Anakin is chained up because Anakin is disinterested in helping the father, so the father abducts Anakin out of desperation and forces him to deal with his children?

If that is the case, that the father is looking for a way to redeem his son, as opposed to adopting a Yoda-like attitude that he is lost forever and must be destroyed, then his stance is similar to Luke's attitudes towards Vader. Perhaps this is the shaman that Qui-Gon had met, either in spirit after death, or prior to death? Maybe Qui-Gon will get a mention in this arc? Given the title of the episode "Ghosts of Mortis" perhaps the spirit of Qui-Gon remains in communion with the father on Mortis and makes an appearance? Kind of a large assumption on my part, but here's hoping for it.

25. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    Was that Obi-Wan frozen in carbonite?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.