main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series *Official* New Season 3 Trailer Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Sable_Hart, Dec 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    I really hope it isn't TC Carson. In the Gennedy series his Saesee Tiin voice is almost identical to his Mace Windu voice. The similarity was only really hidden by the lack of dialogue. In this show, where things are a bit more talky, voices need to have much more individuality. I still double take during Mandalore Plot when Matt Lanter welcomes Obi-wan to Mandalore in his Anakin voice.

2. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Mace Windu voice=Yell from back of throat.
    Saesee Tiin voice=Yell from front of throat.

Or something like that. [face_laugh]

I guess it's the easiest possibility, but I do hope that they take the time to develop Saesee Tiin's voice the way they did for all the other Council members so far. Of all the members we've seen, only Plo Koon and Obi-Wan share a voice actor. :D

3. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Saesee sounds like a bad joke in old cartoon- i cannot help but laugh when he yells ATTAACCKKK! he is so overacted and ridiculous- like Mace Windu would be drunk or something:p not even admiral Dao was that bad in this -even though i disliked the way Dao was obvious James Arnold Taylor (speaking with himself) and his accent was very odd too.....

they better have a good voice for Saesee.... Plo is changed enough not to sound like Obi-Wan, but it's still recognisable- i wonder why they don't change some of Dee Bradley's roles a bit- so there wouldn't be so much these "clones"- little change of pitch does miracles to the voice- but all Bakers sound same, Ord Enisence, Bossk, clones and half of the random characters it really pisses me off.... another overused guy is of course Tom Kane

4. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I dislike him voicing Anakin. [face_tired]

I agree, but knowing TCW, any type of character development is basically gone once the story arc ends.

5. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Lanter don't sound Hayden, but character of Anakin is not very interesting anyway and i like Lanter's voice more..... But i disagree about character development- Ahsoka is developed in this series- but she is pretty much only one- now would be good chance to develop Anakin....

6. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I like TCW version of Anakin better then the movie version. No disrespect to Hayden Christiansen, who is wrongfully accused of bad acting, its not him, its George Lucas's writing. TCW Anakin is more along the lines of how I pictured him when Obi Wan was talking about him in A New Hope.

7. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    I accuse Lucas' directing not his writing - there is not enough takes filmed and some scenes just went bit wrong - that happens to all actors but Lucas should have directed them better since his writing is hard to act but with great director like Irvin Kersher or Steven Spielberg PT would have worked better even with Lucas' writing.... ok this is bit off-topic

8. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    I don't think it's the beard's fault at all. Hayden was only marginally better in Jumper and that was directed by Doug Liman. If Hayden can't act under the director of the Bourne movies then he just can't act, end of.[face_tired]

9. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Hayden can act. He's better than Matt Lanter, though, in terms of portraying Anakin. He's Anakin in my opinion, not Lanter. Ignore the AOTC Anakin, and go to ROTS. Much better acting from Hayden, and I think it's just Lucas' directing has to be a part of it. If Hayden can't act, I don't see why people would bring him in for a part in a movie. I feel Lucas' writing and directing may have been an issue for Hayden in the prequels. It's not only Hayden, but other actors as well.

10. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    Tell me then, if we are going by this line of logic, if Lanter can't act why would someone hire him for a TV show?o_O

Hayden is a bad actor. He has almost no range in his voice and his movements are extremely stiff. That's not something a director or screenwriter can impart on to an actor. The only time in the franchise I can think of where he doesn't just give his monotone mumbling is on Mustafar where you get a brief flash of insanity, which is bizare because I thought the tragedy of Darth Vader was that he was completely sane and sober when he commited the atrocities in the name of love.

And like I said before, Hayden isn't just wooden in Star Wars. He is flat in anything he does, no matter how great the director supporting him is.

11. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Not in my planet.

12. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    'Lanter vs. Christensen' needs thread of it's own - this one is for that trailer guys![face_peace]

13. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Did I say he can't act? I did not. I said Hayden is better than Lanter for portraying Anakin.

14. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    It's funny, but I actually don't want either actor to voice Anakin. Though Hayden did a fantastic job of playing a dark, angsty Anakin, that isn't the type of Anakin that is in the show. On the flip side, Lanter gives the character a little too much Han Solo-ness for my tastes.

But if I had to pick between the two, I would still pick Lanter.

15. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Go watch Shattered Glass, then come back and say that again.

I dare you.

16. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I liked that movie. It was probably his finest performance.

17. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    I am so looking forward to Liam Neeson and Pernilla August in the next arc! It would be nice if they got more of the original actors on. To be honest though, I'm more excited for the last 5 episodes of the season than the Mortis trilogy. Clones, carbonite, Trandoshans, Even, Saessee, and Ahsoka on Felucia and later going twisted! After "Corruption", I had almost lost hope for the series really. But things are back up!

18. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    ^ I'm pretty sure those are spoilers, plus they have nothing to do with this particular trailer.

Then again, the episode thread was spoiled as well, so almost everybody knows already.

19. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    The only things I see as spoilers might be the Liam Neeson and Pernilla August thing. Sorry about that. As for the other stuff, it was fairly obvious in the trailer.

20. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    You could, you know, black out the names.

21. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Appropriate thread would be the main discussion thread. :p

22. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    I already apologized for that.

23. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I've blacked them out for now. Not like it matters at this point -- I think most folks were caught unawares yesterday when Lucasfilms dropped the bomb in the middle of their promo article.

"Secrets Revealed" indeed... you don't even have to wait for the show to air to learn every last detail.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.