Official **NON-SPOILERS** AOTC music discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Sithman, Aug 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Seagoat
  1. Basil_Hennington Jedi Padawan

star 4
  2. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    No it will not. And just for clarification, that CD cover is fan art... not the real thing.
  3. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    LOL, I know that, stri. :p
  4. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    I know YOU know... I was clarifiying for Basil...

5. jamesdrax Jedi Master

star 6
    I wonder if they'll officially release any short mp3s from the soundtrack a few weeks before it's release.

Sony did it for Planet of the Apes. I'm just so eagar to get this one, I'll take as little there is available.
  6. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    I bet the "Across the Stars" music video will be released before, just like DOTF was. :)
  7. Darth_Potter Jedi Youngling

star 3
    well how long before the TPM soundtrack did they release DOTF? maybe we can find out when ATS (my atempt to try to make an official abreveation for across the stars) will come out before AOTC soundtrack
  8. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    I dunno, I think it was like a month or 2 for DOTF.

I bet it'll be the same for ATS.
  9. Darth_Potter Jedi Youngling

star 3
  10. JohnWilliams00 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I did a quick google search and found out DotF came out on May 3rd. I sure hope AtS comes out earlier.

--------------------------------------------
    VH1 Presents "Phantom Menace" Video

VH1 will premiere the first video from "Star Wars: The Phantom Menace" Monday, May 3 during the net's 2 p.m. music hour. The video features images from the film set the instrumental song "Duel of the Fates" from soundtrack composer John Williams conducting the London Symphony. "Phantom Menace" opens in theaters May 19.

--------------------------------------------
  11. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    DUDE! May 3rd is the first day of the Star Wars Celebration II! Maybe they'll show it there!

That'd ROCK!
  12. PloKloon1138 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Yes, Sithman, that would be great! :D
  13. jamesdrax Jedi Master

star 6
    Sounds like we have an interesting few weeks ahead of us.

:D
  14. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    Few weeks? Sounds like an interesting few MONTHS ahead of us... :D
  15. dolphin Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The way Harry describes the love theme gets me excited. Especially how the love theme CONTINUES as they enter the arena and even as they're being bound!
  16. PloKloon1138 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Yes, it will definitely be a beautiful scene! :)
  17. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    Yeah I am stoked. But I don't much trust Harry Knowles. He gushed and gushed about TPM when he saw that early and then has spent 3 years backpedalling further and further.
  18. dolphin Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I doubt if he would lie about where certain themes took place.

The scenes in question(accompanied by the love theme)JW are what I call the Jurassic Park effect. If you remember, the JP soundtrack was mostly elegant, grandiose, epic sounding. Not what many would have thought(more Jaws like, hard sounding). JW chose to emphasize the beauty of the island and the creatures and not give us the typical "danger" score although it did appear from time to time. During the scene where Ani and Padme are being carted out and tied up the love theme is continued to be played. One would think that a "foreboding" score would begin once the scene(as seen in the trailer) of them being led into the arena appears. JW instead chose to focus on the love and intimacy of the couple, once again going against conventional wisdom.

Can't wait!
  19. PloKloon1138 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Yes dolphin, "can't wait" pretty much sums it up! :D
  20. dolphin Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  21. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Dude, PLEASE. This thread is NO SPOILERS allowed. I've already accidentally read some of the stuff in here and gotten pretty aggravated. Please, for the sake of us non-spoiled, keep the track discussion to a separate thread.
  22. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    Where are there spoilers?
  23. jamesdrax Jedi Master

star 6
    Spoilers go in one ear and out the other for me. I like to think of myself as a non-spoileree but everytime I accidently read a spoiler, I easily brush it off.

If it's nothing serious about the plot, it doesn't worry me.

;) :)
  24. Darth_Potter Jedi Youngling

star 3
    the spoiler was about the love theme going when they go into *** ***** just take a guess, u know what is it. and sithman, are we allowed to talk about the stand they will have at music stores for the soundtrack here, it doesnt seem like a spoiler.....
  25. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Sure, talk about. :) But I'd appreciate it if it wasn't done here. Many people consider the CD cases/stand and especially track listings as spoilers. New people come to this thread expecting not to get spoiled. BAM. They're spoiled. Oops, right?

Well, how about you talk about certain things in the "track listing thread" or something? Just not here. :) This is the speculatory thread. :)
Moderators: Seagoat
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.