main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official **NON-SPOILERS** AOTC music discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Sithman, Aug 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Has anyone thought about how the music and themes will fit into Episode IV? The Imperial March did not show up until Episode V so why would we see it in Episode II and III? I think that to have all the films use the Imperial March except IV seems a bit odd. So maybe use the Empire's theme from ANH for Episode II and III to provide some consistancy.

The only other option is to rescore parts of ANH with the Imperial March melody and I can hear the purists freaking out already.

2. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Heck, it won't bother me if JW uses Vader's Theme in AOTC & epIII and then it's not used in ANH. I dunno, it just doesn't bother me.

~Sithy~

P.S. Though I would like to hear some of the stormtrooper motif, the Imperial motif, and Boba Fett's motif in AOTC & EpIII.

3. The_Emperors_Foot

The_Emperors_Foot Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 16, 2000
    Vader's theme was used in TPM, when Yoda says to Obi-Wan, "But grave danger I sense in his training." That leads me to believe that the Imperial March will be used in AOTC, and especially in Episode III.

But that leaves the problem of the Imp. March NOT appearing in ANH... I always thought that was a bit awkward and unfortunate. The Empire seen in ANH never really satisfied me the way it did in TESB or ROTJ. The Imperial theme used in ANH never really made me feel afraid or gave it a sense of grand scale. Awww, well...

4. Erela_Skywalker

Erela_Skywalker Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2001
    Well, I think it's possible that DotF might be seen in traces among other themes, but I tink it's pretty unlikely it will be played full out. I think that for the lovers theme between Anakin and Amidala JW might combine Anakin's theme with Princess Leia's, maybe a hint of Luke and Leia's too. I think also, for forshadowing purposes, the imperial march might be stuck in a little more obviously than it is in Anakin's theme. Who knows?

5. Angel_of_Naboo

Angel_of_Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2000
    Anakin's theme will return for sure, probably with a more mature twist to it. Padmé and Anakin should get a love theme and it'd be cool if Obi-Wan got his own theme(some people aready like to thing the Force theme as Obi-Wan's, but we'll see).

6. Darth_Overlord

Darth_Overlord Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2001
    I would like to hear more vocal chanting in AOTC. It fits the mood of the film perfectly. Also, there has to be an Anakin/Padme love theme. Perhaps this will have hints of the Han/Leia love theme in ESB.

7. El_Emperador

El_Emperador Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 18, 2001
    I hope Sony doesn't release a stripped down CD like they did for TPM....

GRRRRRRrrr

8. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Ditto. I want the AOTC soundtrack to be like the UE, not the stupid single CD one. :mad:

~Sithy~

9. Ternian

Ternian Jedi Youngling star 4

May 16, 2000
    Circusboy, I hope Luke and Leia's Theme starts out as the Love Theme. The same way as Anakin's Theme is the beginning of Vader's Theme.

I am also looking to the Trade Federation Theme enhanced again.

But I think the big question will be if DotF returns...

10. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Ja, like I said, I want it in the trailers but not in the movie. I'd light the action sequences to have their own new music.

I'm really looking forward to hearing Boba Fett's Motif again though, it's such a cool little motif.

11. El_Emperador

El_Emperador Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 18, 2001
    Yeah, I bet we'll hear the TF theme again. We didn't hear it enough for people to recognize it in TPM. Which is a shame, it's really good.

12. pianoman02045

pianoman02045 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 2001
    I hope theres no DOTF in the trailer. I mean there can be like a hint of it there but i don;t want the whole thing to be it cause i think we want to hear what JW did as new music and the type of preluding that he did. Also I read that somebody wanted to hear a prelude to Han and the Princess becuase of Anikan and Amidala. I think tahts a bad idea because Anikan and Amaidala r not Han and Leia! Each couple should have thier own theme.

13. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    You want to hear JW's new music in the trailer? I sure don't! They didn't do that with the TPM trailers, and I hope they don't do it with AOTC also.

14. dehrian

dehrian Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    None of the SW trailers have used music from the film it was promoting. None. Re-release trailers, yes, but not pre-release. Don't expect to hear any AOTC music in the trailers for the film. It won't happen.

15. IFA_BaronFel

IFA_BaronFel Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2001
    OK... hows this.
    1. DotF will return but slightly modified (think Imperial march, emporers theme, force theme, yodas theme, all of which changed as the movies progressed)
    2. There has GOT to be an attack of the clones piece - this has to be somewhere between the Attack piece in Ep. 1 and some of the battles in the originals
    3. There WILL be a new piece for this new bad guy Sith - anyone else notice how Imperial March and Darth Maul's Theme have the same tempo and structure?
    4. Anakin's theme will become less innocent and will become more rebellious; a different form will be used for fight sequences
    5. There will be a new love theme based on anakin's original theme - this will remember their love in ep. 1 and make you wonder if anakin has changed
    6. There should be a more full Mandalorian style theme cos I understand that mandalorians were supposed to be in the clone wars so... Anyway, it would be good to hear Boba Fett's theme from "Attacking a Star Destroyer" and think, yeah....

These are just speculations but I think listening to the Star Wars pattern and knowing John Williams music these might be good guesses. Oh, and I iumagine that the credits will contain a Mandalorian theme and EITHER Anakin's new theme OR the new love theme. Again, just speculation. Someone write this down, I want to see if my guess is right :)

16. Erin Kenobi

Erin Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2000
    Okay! *scribbles down IFA_BaronFel's predictions* :)

17. dehrian

dehrian Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    I disagree with number 5. I don't think the love theme will evolve from Anakin's Theme. It's possible JW has already composed it, actually. He wrote a Padme theme for TPM that GL asked him not to use. It's possible it could turn up as a love theme in AOTC.

As well as number 6, just on principle.

18. slavegirl

slavegirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    Speaking of the Anakin/Padme love theme, what instruments would you like to hear playing it? (brass/strings/woodwind etc.)

19. forcefeeler

forcefeeler Jedi Youngling

Aug 7, 2001
    I've composed some Attack of the Clones themes,including a new sith theme and a love theme for Anakin and Amidala etc...check them out at.
    http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/233/neil_lawrence_gregory.html

20. pianoman02045

Aug 7, 2001
    Since Leia is the herione of the OT and she has her own theme wouldn't Padme (who is the heroine of the PT) have her own theme?? i think it would be cool to see a differenct version or varitaion of Leias theme as Padmes theme

21. JWK

JWK Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    It will open with the main title and the begining location setting as always.
    Then Clone's Attack theme
    Anakin's new theme
    Anakin sees Padme
    Love Music
    Obi-wan's theme
    Anakin's training
    Duel of the Fates
    Jedi Council Theme
    Celbration/Sourfully (depends on the ending) music and the end credits which will have the Clone's Attack melody plus something else possibly the Love theme again.

We'll also get some miscellanous stuff that goes with the movie like special event music (Astoried belt in ESB and Pod Race in TPM).

Just my opinion.

22. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    WOO HOO!!!! John Williams has begun the process of writing the score for AOTC!! According to a new article on the official site, John Williams went to the Ranch this week to begin the process of going through the film with George and Ben Burtt to determine where music is needed and what the music will convey.

Before too many months, they will be flying to London to record! I am excited already.

23. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    YAY! I can't wait! Let's hope GL keeps JW's original work this time and doesn't edit too much of it. :)

24. pianoman02045

Aug 7, 2001
    Thats Great news! i can't wait to hear it

25. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Man, I'm so hoping for the Stormtrooper and Boba Fett motifs! Now, I have no idea if the clones are stormies or not, but even if they aren't it'd be neat to see some sort of connection between the two. :)

P.S. There's something I've been wanting to say about AOTC music but I can't remember now! Argh!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.