main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official **NON-SPOILERS** AOTC music discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Sithman, Aug 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JJDF413

JJDF413 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 24, 2001
    we'll wait for u to think :) ..............

2. XackAttack

XackAttack Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2001
    Do ya think there will be an Attack Of The Clones Ultimate Edition CD?

.........Do ya ?

3. jamesdrax

jamesdrax Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2000
    I hope an Ultimate Edition is the first and only one they release.

Johnny better learn.

4. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    No. I want RCA (or whoever did the OT SE ones) to do it and release it all in order with all the extra music! Source music, alternate ques.... EVERYTHING!

Sony has failed once, and then got a bad grade on it's second try.

5. jamesdrax

Aug 30, 2000
    Well anything's better than a mixed up mish-mash release like the first one.

6. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Yah, I agree. But the RCA Victor ones are the best. I loved reading the musical analysis for the RCA Special Edition CDs and considering the symbolism in TPM, I wish they woulda done it for TPM too. :(

7. jamesdrax

Aug 30, 2000
    Just look at Sony's Rear Projection TVs and DVD Players, they're not really ones for quality, let alone their CDs but it's enough in my opinion. [face_plain]

Funny how they did such a fantastic job presenting the Planet of the Apes soundtrack. :)

8. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    "Just look at Sony's Rear Projection TVs and DVD Players, they're not really ones for quality, let alone their CDs but it's enough in my opinion."

You're a strange man, drax. My Sony DVD player rocks. And while they may not get everything right, at least Sony Classics' CDs have consistently good sound quality.

But that's another topic entirely.

9. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Uh yeah Sony makes some of the best DVD players on the market. They also make some of the best HDTVs period. And what CDs is Drax refering to? Just their soundtracks or all Sony recording artists? Cuz Pearl Jam is Sony Music and them's fighting words. :D

I am sure they will stick with Sony Classical. It seems that John Williams has some sort of contract with them, like James Horner. I am fine with this because the recording quality from them is consistantly outstanding and this concerns me more in the long run. Even if we have to wait, we eventually get the Ultimate Edition of the films. But a bad recording, ala Return of the Jedi, NEVER gets better. So Sony can do it, so Shawn Murphy can record and we can have great sound quality.

10. jamesdrax

Aug 30, 2000
    Sorry if I was a bit vague, their CDs I meant in general, some of them are good and some leave me underwhelmed. But that's just me.

btw

PIONEER DVD PLAYERS RULE!!!!

:D

11. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    I've always hoped the love theme would be entitled, "Anakin Skywalker and the Queen," as a kind of parallell to "Han Solo and the Princess," but there is a spoiler that will probably dispell that possiblity.

12. RONDC20

RONDC20 Jedi Master star 1

Feb 10, 2001
    Well everybody I want to hear Familiar Themes in AOTC such as The Force Theme, Yoda's theme Anakin's Theme the Main Star Wars Theme and more. I get really excited when I hear a familiar themes used in the context of the film itself. I remmember getting really getting excited when I heard the Star Wars main theme as Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon strike down those Battle Droids in the opening scene of The Phantom Menace or when I heard hints of Darth Vader's Theme at the end of Anakin's Theme or everytime they played the Force Theme. I even got excited when they played Yoda's Theme near the end.I like my Familiar Themes and I want to hear them in the next 2 films. I take Star Wars Music and it's themes very seriously so this is very important to me.

Ronald C

13. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Yah, I hope AOTC has more classic themes with a splash of new ones, instead of TPM's more new ones and a splash of old ones. :)

14. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    I think that the more new music there is in AOTC, the better. The last thing I want is to have waited all these years for a new SW score only to have it be a rehash of the last four scores.

15. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    I said classic "themes", not music. I love new music, but I would like to hear my familiar *themes*.

See?

16. JJDF413

Aug 24, 2001
    actually "anakin skywalker and the queen" isnt a spoiler. there is some game (i dont remember what is was but it asked questions) and one question was "who does anakin skywalker marry?" and the answer was, "queen amidala in star wars 2" and that game was from a long time ago.....

17. Well_Of_Souls

Well_Of_Souls Jedi Master star 5

Aug 26, 2001
    Anyone here think that the finale will be more like the OT, with a fanfarish conclusion, or more subdued, like TPM?

18. JJDF413

Aug 24, 2001
    its the wedding

i think

19. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Thank you for keeping this thread spoiler free. :)

20. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Come on, that's obvious... ;)

Anyways. I think that some pieces of DOTF should be used in AOTC - in battle scenes with the Sith. After all, it was also used in other battles in TPM, not just Qui/Obi/Maul. I think Anakin's theme will return, although a modified one, with even stronger resemblance to Vader's theme. I guess there will be a major "March of the Clones" or something like that, as well as other action music sequences. [face_devil]
    I think that the love theme for Ani/Padme should resemble slightly the Luke/Leia theme from ROTJ, with more romance and love added to it. :) I also think that Obi should have his own theme - the Force theme combined with something else, I guess. And of course, the Emperor's theme will return, just as it did in TPM. [face_devil] And having Boba Fett's theme in AOTC would be VERY cool.

Personally, I think that the only themes we can be sure that will be in AOTC (or at least, their hints) are:

Main SW theme (duh... ;) )
    The Force theme
    Emperor's theme
    Anakin's theme
    Vader's theme
    Yoda's theme

21. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Technically, Boba only has a "motif", but oh well. :D

22. JJDF413

Aug 24, 2001
    whoops sorry [face_blush]

23. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    OK, motif then. Maybe if the Fetts are more explored, maybe the motif will evolve into a theme. :) Who knows? God, Williams, and Lucas. ;) :D

24. quillan

quillan Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 28, 2001
    you could imagine that the imperial march that was hinted at in tpm would become much more pronounced this time round, and in the same context duel of the fates would be reworked a little too if its used at all. the hairs on the back of my neck stood up when the imperial march theme kicked in near the start of tpm trailer b!!!

25. Darth Angst

Darth Angst Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2000
    The major themes will be there, don't worry and a few new ones as well. Yeah we might hear a little more "Darth" in Anakin's theme this time but that can't be promised because he is STILL won't go to the dark side in this one. It's still not there yet. Yet it could a much bolder and herioc working of Anakins tune.

I want to bring up how the style may be progressing from TPM to AOTC. What stylistic decisions do u speculate Williams will make? Is the sound going to resemble that of ESB, without the military style marches? Or is he going to rely on less brassy fanfares, more string heavy icy atmospheres?? Or hey he might just mix it all in there!

I would say for starters that it is going to be a bit less organized in structure than say the score for ANH but I hope we get some definate character themes that are used in the score and lengthier pieces of score that is played out....such as chunks like the one used as the escape pod is released to Tatooine at the beginning of EP IV.

~Angst

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.