main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official **NON-SPOILERS** AOTC music discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Sithman, Aug 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GasCabbie

GasCabbie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 28, 2001
    My wishlist for the AotC score:

1)No more than one new theme. It's time to develop ones introduced in TPM, of which there are many.
    2)Not to have a score which has been edited by leaps and bounds since Williams recorded it.

That's really all I'm hoping for. As for how it will evolve stylistically, I'd bet that we're not going to get a soundtrack that sounds like the OT, because the feeling of the film ought to be different than the OT. I'd love to get into details, but hey, I'm spoiled! :(

2. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I guarantee you there will be more than one new theme in AOTC. Just because there are new themes in TPM does not mean they ALL will return in AOTC. Most likely some will remain only in TPM.

3. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    i.e. Qui-Gon's Theme.

4. GasCabbie

Jun 28, 2001
    What? Qui-Gon isn't returning as a holo? :eek:

:p

Anyways, I wasn't assuming that every theme was coming back. Since this is non-spoiler I'll try and be as vague as possible.

Many characters have thier own themes, coming from both the PT and the OT scores. You'd be hard pressed to name many more themes from TPM not returning in AOTC. Again, no details.

After a love theme, I do not think there will be a need for more themes in AOTC.

5. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    A clone theme?

6. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    With the emphasis on "clones" in the title of the film, I'd be pretty surprised if they didn't get a theme or motif of some kind. Maybe a march reminiscent of the one the Trade Federation had in TPM.

As for other themes... well, since I'm a non-spoilee, all I can think of is Anakin and Padme's love theme.

7. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    When are we getting the AOTC soundtrack? When is it schedualed to come out?

!snap

8. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Probably a few weeks before the film. My guess is April 31 or May 7.

9. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Yah. :) I'll probably buy it before I see the movie then hide it away and never look at the titles of the track. Then after seeing AOTC, I'll come home and enjoy sure bliss. :D :D

10. Darth_Potter

Darth_Potter Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2001
    uhm there is no april 31. (30 days has september, april june and november) acording to my calculations its the 30th

11. GasCabbie

Jun 28, 2001
    Alright, I might have been a little extreme when I said I'd like to see no more than one new theme, but the main point I was trying to get across was that having too many new themes will make the score nebulous and rambling. While Williams could chose to do so, I don't think it would work too well.

12. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Yes thank you that was a total typo... I meant April 30th

13. melbatoast

melbatoast Jedi Youngling

Oct 25, 2001
    I really hope to see:

Luke/Leia theme become Anakin/Padme theme to tie it all together, plus I think that song just doesn't fit a brother and sister theme - it's so haunting and tragic - and I've posted this in another thread somewhere - I hear the same notes as Anakin's theme when it becomes Vader's theme (Right where violins transcend from the innocent Anakin theme to Vader's). What an awesome way to tie the whole family together (ok I've ranted long enough about that!) :p

-I hope Padme gets her own theme and I think this would be VERY important for Episode III
    -I hope Obi gets his own theme, but tied in with OT theme
    -I hope Yoda's theme returns and gets played up, but I don't know - his music is so uplifting and the movie sounds dark
    -I hope the Force theme returns

Maybe the follwoing will happen:
    -I think there will a Clone theme
    - Perhaps a Mace Windu???
    -Return of FEtt motif

Of course,
    -A return of Anakin's theme, but many variations
    -

14. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Yah, I agree with the whole Anakin/Padme theme should be more like Luke/Leia than the Han/Leia theme- but for different reasons. :) I think so because when Luke and Leia's theme is played is when they finally revist their past, Padme and Anakin, and their childhood.

Oh, and yes, I would REALLY like the return of Boba's Motif as well as a Clone theme which I believe should sound a whole lot like the Stormies' motif in ANH. :)

15. DarthHomer

DarthHomer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2000
    Am I the only one who would like more themes reused from the OT? For example, I would like it if Anakin's theme segued into Han and Leia's theme. I know Williams could write a new love theme, but I don't think he'd top that one. I'd also like hints of Leia's theme to be used for Padme. That music is really beautiful, and was only heard in a big way in ANH.
    The return of the Imperial March is also essential, IMO, at least in Episode III.

16. Darth_Potter

Nov 2, 2001
    well, i think JW did make a theme for padame but GL didnt want it in TPM so maybe it will be used in AOTC

17. pianoman02045

pianoman02045 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 2001
    Well i hafta ask, is there any music in that new "Mystery Trailer"???

18. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    Yes, the trailer starts with a cue from "The Clash of the Lightsabers" and when Obi-Wan jumps out the window, "Duel of the Fates" starts playing until the trailer ends. There is some other music in-between, but I can't quite put my finger on what it is.

19. Darth_Potter

Nov 2, 2001
    its all old music. ther cant b any new music yet. it hasnt been recorded yet

20. jamesdrax

jamesdrax Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2000
    If I got what I wanted, I'd ask Williams to compose something very Elfmanesque, but that's just me as a spoilt brat.

You should know that Danny Elfman is my GOD! :p

21. DarthHomer

DarthHomer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2000
    Well, the music in Harry Potter sounds slightly Elfmanesque. But I love both those composer's work, so I think they should stick to their own styles.

22. Darth Rayder

Darth Rayder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 1999
    In the "Mystery" trailer, right before DOTF, there's about three seconds of unused music from RoTJ (The Sail Barge Alternate) I think that that piece would be absolutley great for an action cue. Possibly the one shown in the "Mystery" trailer. (I hope that's not a spoiler, to say that.) :confused:

23. Darth_Potter

Nov 2, 2001
    but they already released the alternate sail barge assult music so it wouldnt b new music. i dont want old music in the movie

24. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    See? Yay! I'm so glad they used DOTF! I even said I hoped they did in my original post. :)

25. Darth_Potter

Nov 2, 2001
    i knew they would because it was such a popular song

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.