Official **NON-SPOILERS** AOTC music discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Sithman, Aug 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Seagoat
  1. Mar17swgirl Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    That's what I'm saying. A modified version of DOTF as a music for the Ep.III Anakin/Obi battle.
  2. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Yah, maybe more heavily gothic ala FOTR, and not quite quite so upbeat, but with a rythmic bass or something.

3. pianoman02045 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I think that it would be wicked cool if there was a new faster kinda versoin for the EPIII duel. Only because its between 2 Jedis and their like the best Jedis in the Galaxy (fighting wise) and unless there is someone stronger than them i think it will be at a faster pace then when Obi and Maul fought. But like some one above said ya never know.
  4. Mar17swgirl Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    No, no. The two best fighting Jedi are Yoda and Mace! ;) Remember what Samuel L. Jackson said: "There is only one saberman in the galaxy who's better than me, and he happens to be a little green guy." (something like that) :cool: :p ;) :D
  5. GasCabbie Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I don't know. After watching FOTR, I'm getting a little sick of the choral pieces. It seemed at least 60% of FOTR's score had a choir in it, and that's bordereing on too much, IMO.
  6. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Well, you're in luck, Gab, JW isn't exactly known for using choral music extensively. :)
  7. Mar17swgirl Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    That's true. We've seen only a few choral pieces in SW music:

TPM - DOTF, Qui's funeral, a short piece of women's choir when the Jedi and Jar Jar swim to the Otoh Gunga, and the children's choir at the final parade.

ANH - none that I can recall right now.

TESB - a short piece of choir when the Falcon flies to the Cloud City

ROTJ - men's choir in Emperor's theme, the end of Luke/Vader final battle (when Luke is enraged and cuts Vader's hand), and the final victory parade (SE).

They're all either in an ancient language (DOTF and Qui's funeral), or they don't have words at all (all the rest). And I must say that they fit in those places PERFECTLY. :D Especially DOTF and Emperor's theme... [face_devil] ;)
  8. Mar17swgirl Jedi Grand Master

star 7
  9. Darth_Potter Jedi Youngling

star 3
    EDIT:
    Spy reports don't go outside the AOTC Spoilers Allowed forum.
  10. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    GAAAAH! DUDE! Don't tell me anything!!!!
  11. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
  12. JediBeowulf Jedi Youngling

star 3
    What do I want to see (hear) fot AOTC? MORE brass ,futes & piccolos doing crazy runs up and down the scales, and stacatto notes...LESS strings, clarinets & engish horns holding out lengthy phrases, and slurred notes (as was the style for MOST of TPM). Overall, less of the general sense of lethargacy in the music.

Example: More "Asteroid Field", "Imperial March", and "Duel of the Fates"

Less "Anakin's Theme" (although I liked this one!), "Journey through the planet core", and other like tracks.

Don't get me wrongo, I loved TPM's score. It just didn't fit in with the rest of the OT. But then again, it really is the beginning right? And nothing after it will be the same, herego maybe that is the reason for difference of style used in TPM. Anyways, I'm not worried though, I have faith in Johnny. :D
  13. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    "...MORE brass ,flutes & piccolos doing crazy runs up and down the scales, and stacatto notes...LESS strings"

You know, Beowulf, I've been trying to figure out what the difference is between TESB and TPM scores, but I could never pin point it. You just have! That's what made the TESB score so great. "crazy runs", piccolos, and especially blaring brass themes, ala Asteroid Field, Imperial March, and so on (nothing at all like that in TPM).

But, I totally agree with you, TPM *is* the beginning and should sound different. :)
  14. JediBeowulf Jedi Youngling

star 3
    :D

Thanks Sithman. John Williams is pure genius...we should have never and never again doubt him! There is a reason why TPM sounds different. ;)
  15. Darth_Potter Jedi Youngling

star 3
    THERE IS NOTHING SPOILERLIKE IN THAT!
  16. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Darn right dude...... But only because it's now edited. :p
  17. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    *does not ask what was in that post*

I will remain spoiler free!!!

Am I the only one who is excited by the thought that they are working on the score RIGHT NOW??? Aren't they sposed to record it late January and early February???

:D :D :D
  18. Darth_Potter Jedi Youngling

star 3
    there were no spoilers in it to begin with.
  19. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    Dude if one of the mods plus a longtime regular say there were spoilers, then I trust them. There were spoilers. Let it go. Move on.
  20. Darth_Potter Jedi Youngling

star 3
    ooook, no need to get killed then.
  21. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Basically, Potter, anything in a "SPY REPORT" at TF.N is considered a spoiler. In fact anything that is not officially confirmed yet is a spoiler. :)

And strilo, I actually PMed CA about the spoiler, he didn't see it himeself. :D I end up having to do that a lot because we have no regular mod here to protect us! :(
  22. dolphin Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yes, there is a definite possibility that some devolved form of the "Luke and Leia" theme would be the "Anakin & Padme" theme.
  23. Mar17swgirl Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Sithman, you're EVERYWHERE in this forum. ;) I'm actually surprised that you haven't become a mod yourself... ;)

And yes, TPM was the beginning. I can't wait to see (and hear) how everything will change into the OT stuff we know (mainly music).
  24. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Actually, Mar, I started this forum. There was no Music Forum, but I went through this like several week process of making petitions, getting them signed, presenting them to the administration, and then finally they let us have a forum! So, that's why I'm here so much! Bah, I wish they'd consider making me one too. :)
  25. Vonn Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I think in AOTC, JW should start using the Skywalker theme again. The only time he used it in TPM was during the opening crawl. Since we have more Skywalker story in AOTC, I think it would make sense that we have the Skywalker theme follow him (not the Anakin theme). The Anakin theme seems more to reflect the child Anakin is (innocent, etc). In AOTC, Anakin is not a child and instead he's more active and vigorous. Therefore, I think a transition to the Skywalker theme is in order.
Moderators: Seagoat
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.