main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA **OFFICIAL O C Fan Force Collecting Thread**

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by SRB_Jedi_Knight, Aug 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JangoFett23

JangoFett23 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2003
    I just picked up the Yoda and Jedi Council chair... :)

Fett23-

2. BobaFett-MP

BobaFett-MP Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2001
  3. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    Did you go by any comic or collector stores? The scalpers probably beat you to the figures. I swear, you either have to know someone at the store or get there the moment they open.

Heck, maybe even check out some of the other threads around here, see if you can make friends with someone on the east coast. Figures that are hard to find out here are usually really easy to find on the east coast. Or maybe Droideka knows some people in Alaska that can give us a hand :)

4. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    Unleashed Luke Skywalker here.

Yeah! This one looks very awesome! I must have this one!

5. CaptPanakaBacca

CaptPanakaBacca Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 16, 2002
    Any news yet on shops in the area similar to !Gotta Have It! collectibles on Beach Blvd ??

6. JangoFett23

Feb 5, 2003
    I totally like the Luke Unleashed and that is a must have for my collection. The three pack of Clone Troopers is so cool I am really glad Hasbro is putting it out... :D

As for the vehicles I'm not to sure about them I will just have to wait and see them in person or better close ups in order to tell if I want them or not. ?[face_plain]

The Yoda figure looks alright I guess; but I'm not really feeling the outfit.

I just can't wait to see all of the great things to come in the future for the toys!

Fett23-

7. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Aaron-Wan-Kenobi Temp CR Orange County, CA star 3 VIP

Dec 8, 2002
    K B on Yorba Linda Blvd in Placentia is closing and everything is 50% off including the star wars toys. They have the darth vs. obi and the leia and luke 25th anniversary things. they also have a bunch of aotc action figures. To get there go to the 57 and get off at Yorba Linda Blvd. Head east and it is right next to Mervyns about a half mile down the road.

8. JangoFett23

Feb 5, 2003
    My most recent buys!

4-Packs:
    3 Super Battle Droids
    2 Endor Rebel Soldiers
    1 Yoda Jedi Council
    1 Battle Droid
    1 Geonosian Warrior

EP 1:
    Jabba Glob

9. Kaui-Gone-Jim

Kaui-Gone-Jim Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 19, 2002
    Lord Jedi, I agree that the Luke Unleashed is very cool and a 'must have'! :D

Anyone see the Aayla Secura figure yet? Post here if you do...

Peace,
    Jim

10. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
  11. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    What happened to Padme's face on that figure? She doesn't look very good. I'll have to wait till I see the actual figure to give final judgment, but that face doesn't look good at all.

12. MALICE_MIZER

MALICE_MIZER Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 10, 2003
    Okay, how lame would this be...C-3PO/R2D2...UNLEASHED!!! They could, um...stand around, and stuff.

I kind of like the unleashed figures, and I think a Padme Unleashed would look great next to my computer. Are they hard to find?

13. BobaFett-MP

May 13, 2001
    Is that padme or Shimi? :-D Face looks very weird! Looks like Shimi in Padme's wedding dress.

The Padme unleashed is easy to find, especially right now. I've got her standing next to my computer at home :)

14. Princess_Skywalker_

Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2002
    Padme's face doesn't look good...blah blah blah...picky picky...

Ok I watched this episode last night about Urban Legends on MTV....They tell you whether they are true or false...

Apparently there is one about a certain extremely rare C3PO card where he is a little excited??

Apparently this is TRUE. They showed the card last night. Hilarious! And kinda sick :p

15. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Ok I'm mad and going to rant here a bit! Why is it that we in So Cal get squat for new figures when they are released? It always takes several months longer for anything to reach us. For those that think its scalpers, I'm not so sure. I do collecting runs almost weekly and have some good connections. The figures just aren't here. I guess I'll have to make another run to Frank and Son's to get what I want because the stores never have them. Is it so hard for them to fricking restock the darn shelves! I mean come on people all I see are the same peg warmers that have been there since before x-mas.

On another note I have looked at entertainment earth and you can order the figure collections by the case. Are there any other 3 3/4 figure collectors out ther who would be willing to go in on a case and split it? The cost is around 79.00. Let me know if anyone is interested if we all chip in then it won't cost us as much.

16. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    It's amazing what a quick google search can get you. I thought I had a scanned image of that card (I'm sure I do, but I can't find it), so I checked google. Good old google, there was a copy of the card on snopes.com, the urban legends reference pages.

Shawn: I'd be willing to go in with you for figures. I just got the latest entertainment earth catalog and it's got a ton of stuff in it. My only theory about the lack of figures is that Hasbro took a lot of crap for not getting enough out during the POTF2 series. Then, during Episode 1, it seemed like there were to many. Now we're back to the same old junk. It's like they under ship to the West coast and over ship to the East coast. Anyway, I'm sure we can split the cost and then sell whatever figures we have left on ebay, especially since the cases aren't evenly packed.

17. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    It's amazing what a quick google search can get you. I thought I had a scanned image of that card (I'm sure I do, but I can't find it), so I checked google. Good old google, there was a copy of the card on snopes.com, the urban legends reference pages.

Shawn: I'd be willing to go in with you for figures. I just got the latest entertainment earth catalog and it's got a ton of stuff in it. My only theory about the lack of figures is that Hasbro took a lot of crap for not getting enough out during the POTF2 series. Then, during Episode 1, it seemed like there were to many. Now we're back to the same old junk. It's like they under ship to the West coast and over ship to the East coast. Anyway, I'm sure we can split the cost and then sell whatever figures we have left on ebay, especially since the cases aren't evenly packed.

18. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001

EDIT: Crap, triple post. Sorry everyone :(

19. BobaFett-MP

May 13, 2001
    Hit the send button one too many times? ;)

Okay, people, new place alert!!

Puzzle Zoo - It's located in South Coast Plaza. I was in there today getting my year pass from the Disney Store. It's on the lower level and is in the spot where Toys International used to be. It's an AWESOME store!!! When you first walk up, you'll se a life sized Spiderman in the window and a life-sized Yoda wielding a saber. They have figures from 1995! Han Solo, Lando, Leia, etc.! They have lots of figures in between as well. More of the abundant ones, but some ones I've not been able to find. The highest priced one was the 1995 Han Solo (they had a lot) with red card no hologram for $9! If you want to go fancy, they have SIGNED figures, like Carry Fisher! They have a bunch of the Master Replica and Icon Graphics Lightsaber/Blasters including a Dooku saber signed by Christopher Lee! THey have some other really cool statues/props form differen movies in there. They even have original figures! I saw the orginial Slave 1 vehicle in original 80s packaging! They also have the ultra-rare import wind-up SW toys (But at $2,000!).
    If you get a chance, check it out. It's really cool! Also, be sure to look to the right as soon as you walk in and move forward a bit. You'll se a case full of some SUPER detailed Aircraft including an awesome B-17 (Memphis Belle) die-cast model with the crew clearly visible on the inside with detailed paint jobs!

No new SW figures at the place though, but they have all the peg warmers you would find at Toys R Us right now, so they are up to date. And I agree with you Shawn, I check 1 Wal-Mart, 2 Toys-R-Us, 3 Targets, 2 Kay-Bee Toys, and a K-Mart every week with no new figures!

20. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    I got my entertainment earth catalog today and i was going to order stuff too. so I may be interested in splitting stuff with you guys, too :)

21. BobaFett-MP

May 13, 2001
    Adding, I'd be interested in splitting as well...

22. JangoFett23

Feb 5, 2003
    Last buy:
    Battle Droid X3
    Super Battle Droid

Fett23- [face_devil]

23. BobaFett-MP

May 13, 2001
    What's a battle droid x3?

24. SRB_Jedi_Knight