main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA **OFFICIAL O C Fan Force Collecting Thread**

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by SRB_Jedi_Knight, Aug 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zhi-don_aquintas

zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2002
    thanks, barry that would be great. send it to dontrim@aol.com and also to don.trim@westin.com

2. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    Just one reply before I work on that capture for Don. Looks like they'll be taking the action features out of the newer figures. Personally, I say good riddance. Nothing like a good imagination to build creativity.

You can read the story here

3. Kaui-Gone-Jim

Kaui-Gone-Jim Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 19, 2002
    Do you believe the Force guides us when collecting? Or a collecting angel/deity? I sure do!

I went to Gotta Have It recently, and almost bought one item (that was nice, but not exactly a 'must have!') - put it down, then was 'guided' to a display case, where something I didn't know existed stared me in my old mug (that is now on my diplay shelf).

On eBay, I've had similar occurences - got outbid on one thing, then won a better item a day/week later! :D

Peace,
    Jim

p.s. - also believe in the 'driving-safe angel'!

4. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    I just got my LEGO UCS Star Destroyer! I'm so happy!! I don't know how to post a picture of it though.

5. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    I just picked up both Death Star scene packs while here on vacation! I have never seen these back home and saw shelves of them here.

See you on Sunday when I'm back in California. I have more trench runs to make while I am here.

6. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    It's just typical. Can't ever find anything out here in California, and then you go off on vacation some where and find all kinds of things. That's exactly what happened to me when I went to Virginia to see the Star Wars exhibit at the Smithsonian. It's absolutely infuriating to see things you want to take home, but you have no way of getting them there. :mad:

7. Kaui-Gone-Jim

Aug 19, 2002
    I don't get it. We pay more for gas and everything else here, and we in Calif are the last to see new SW stuff on the shelves.

Man, just like Rodney Dangerfield, we don't get no respect! :mad:

I found some 'Space:1999' vehicle collectibles at Gotta Get It on Beach and Ball, Anaheim (the Eagle and Hawk spacecraft) -- just a tad bigger than the SW Micro Machine vehicles.

Man, I need to get a digital camera to post all my shelf displays and mini-dioramas!

8. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Yeah isn't Southern California one of the largest economies in the world? And a huge chunk of the countries population? Why can't we get some toys & action figures?

9. Princess_Skywalker_

Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2002
    I just found something on ebay that I never saw in the store. It was a Holiday 2002 R2D2 & C3PO set??? Anyone ever see these at Xmas time?

10. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    I found out from a friend of mine in San Gabriel, I think he goes by SgtOok around here, that those were a Walmart exclusive during the Xmas season. There were also difficult to find. I think they're going for around $20+ on ebay. He mentioned it a few weeks ago when he was asking me if I had it. I had never seen it before then either.

11. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    So apparently we don't get ANYTHING around here. :p It just passes us all by.... It does make it difficult to be a collector when you can't find anything you are looking for at the stores. I never saw them around here at all. What a bummer :(

12. dustinbrewer

dustinbrewer Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 8, 2002
    hi everybody,

i am going to frank and sons collectibles tonight after work to find my wife some stuff, and myself too :) does anyone want me to look for anything special??? i will be at the meeting on sunday, so if you need anything let me know.

i will check this board at about 4:30pm today before i leave work.

--dustin

13. zhi-don_aquintas

zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2002
    yes, could you please look for a princess leia unleashed. thanks

14. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    If you see the holiday r2d2 & c3po for $10-$15...If it's more than that, then don't worry about it. I don't think it's worth spending $20 on.

15. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    I second the holiday r2 and 3po. That is, if you find more than 1 :) And no, I don't think they're worth $20 either.

16. dustinbrewer

Nov 8, 2002
    ok i'm going to keep an eye out for "unleashed leia", and "holiday edition droids $10-15"

i'll see what i can find, and scope out any other hard to find items.

17. dustinbrewer

Nov 8, 2002
    well there were no unleashed leia or holiday droids :(

one vendor had 3 3/4"
    1. aayla secura-$20
    2. research droids-$20
    3. padme factory-$10
    4. barris offee-$20
    5. tusken raider/camp-$20
    6. lama su-$20
    7. ewok-$15

more than a little steep if you ask me :( i did get an unopened potf grand moff tarkin for $2.50 and a unopened bib fortuna too, so that was ok.

seems that these vendors are getting a little out of hand with the prices, seeing how everyone is over at the anime card thingy shops and no one at the star wars type shops. oh well.

18. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    I pretty much don't collect the figures and accessories yet, but I found a Slave 1 that retails for $24.99 for $6.24 at the Manhattan Beach Target....There is one left...Pretty Beat up box but it's cheap....I hid it in case someone from the boards wanted it, so it would still be there :p ;)

It's behind some other action figure boxes(not Star Wars) NEXT TO the Star Wars display, on the very bottom shelf...SO if you go, look on the bottom shelf, just to the right of the end of the Star Wars figures(ie get on your hands & knees and look wayyy back behind stuff)......Oh and I finally saw the Luke Bespin there...go figure

19. dustinbrewer

Nov 8, 2002
    we just got back from target in huntington beach on adams and brookhurst. they had 1 new anakin/with speeder bike and 1 new count dooku/with speeder, $12.99 each.

20. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    The K-mart in Carson off Hawthorne has EVERYTHING Star Wars and Harry Potter Clearanced. (Well everything but the standard size action figures). The stuff I saw on sale was Legos, Ships, 12 inch dolls, games and more. They also have some Figures in green packaging that looks practially identical to the Power of the Force series. I think this one is called Power of the Jedi?? Something like that. I haven't seen these anywhere else so I don't know if they are brand new or just old supply....

21. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    Is that K-Mart by chance one of the ones being closed?

22. Kaui-Gone-Jim

Aug 19, 2002
    Anyone see the 3&3/4" Aayla Secura figure yet? She is the last jedi I need for my Arena battle scene on my bookshelf!

Peace,
    Kaui GJ

23. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    I'm not sure Barry but I think it's actually the one staying open. They just keep marking down all the legos and HP and SW stuff.

24. dustinbrewer

Nov 8, 2002
    Anyone see the 3&3/4" Aayla Secura figure yet? She is the last jedi I need for my Arena battle scene on my bookshelf!

yes, but it was $20!!!! at frank and sons collectibles show in walnut. one venfoe had it, along with a few other new figures.

25. Kaui-Gone-Jim

Aug 19, 2002
    DB - 20 bones for Aayle? F&S had decent prices when I was there - what happened!

Amy, did you see any new figs at those stores?

Kaui

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.