main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA **OFFICIAL O C Fan Force Collecting Thread**

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by SRB_Jedi_Knight, Aug 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Princess_Skywalker_

Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2002
    Can anyone post the figures that are new and that everyone is looking for?? Also if everyone would post some of the hard to find current ones they are still missing.

I don't really collect the figures so it is hard for me to remember which ones I see. If I had a list with me, I could let you guys know if they had rare ones. I don't think I saw the $20 one though. And I have been looking for Leia unleashed and have been unsuccessful so far finding her...Is she even out yet?

2. dustinbrewer

dustinbrewer Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 8, 2002
    yeah these vendors are getting a little out of touch, i've seen figs that are peg warmers at TRU and walmart/target, going for $15-$20 too.

jim, the new figs were $20 smackers, heck they are getting over $30 for the free silver TRU r2 figure :(

3. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    Oooh guess what, everyone! I found the four new 2003 figures finally!

I got:

Imperial Officer(ANH)
    2002 series #55

Padme Amidala Droid Factory Chase (AOTC)
    2003 series #04

Tusken Raider Tattoine Camp Ambush (AOTC)
    2003 series #06

Eeth Koth Jedi Master (TPM)
    2002 series #56

I am so excited. and I had just gone out to lunch with, my grandma and we stopped by target, so she bought them all for me! SO they were free, which is totally awesome.

Unfortuantely, they only had one of each of the four figures listed above, and only those four. BUt keep your eyes open, guys! My target is usually the LAST to get the figures of the stores by me, but I guess I just got lucky this time. :)

------

On a different note, I went to waldenbooks in the Westminster Mall, and they have the STAR WARS Increadible cross sections books for $4.99! I picked up two, and there was only one left, but if anyone wants on, they can have it for $5 the next time I see them. If noone needs it, I'll just keep them and donated them to the Comic-Con baskets. :) PM me if you're interested, because I only have two extras.

EDIT: added the number of each figure and the yr series

4. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    I am almost positive that I saw this one when I went shopping last week/weekend:
    Tusken Raider Tattoine Camp Ambush (AOTC)
    2003 series #06

....So I am pretty sure they had some of the new ones out. I didn't recognize a lot of the figures at the time, so I thought they were prob new or just rare....
    Problem is I went to sooo many stores, I can't remember which were where! Darn!

5. dustinbrewer

Nov 8, 2002
    on a diaper run tonight to target, i found a tusken raider-camp ambush & teebo ewok. they were the only two so i got them, sorry guys :p

BUT, they also had one rebel soldier-tantive assault left. so it looks as if OC is starting to get a little trickle of new figs.

target in fountain valley
    brookhurst & adams

6. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    [image=http://www.galactichunter.com/absoluteig/gallery/events/hasbro_press_event_2003/basic_figures/image1.jpg]

Pics of new figures!!! Very cool :)

(click, it's a biggie)

7. DEWGOD01

DEWGOD01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2002
    What is everyones opinion of the green starfighter? I like it..my roomate doesn't..but he likes the black gunship whereas I'm indecisve about it. Also, saw pictures of Anakin's speeder/starfighter today. I don't know if that's what he would actually build but I think it's a nice combo of his pod racer and the starfighter. I have a question for everyone. It seems everyone is on the extremes as far as collecting goes anymore. People either are dumping all thier stuff or they are hording it more then ever. I find myself not going out so much (no job, no money) but even so I don't find the new stuff coming out that 'gotta have it'. It could be that I've realized I spend so much time going to these stores every weekend, afternoon, etc.... and never find anything but then six months down the road they are on clearance pegs. I kinda feel the same way about McFarlane's Sports Picks figures. They are really cool but so hard to get any that you are looking for because the cases are so different and varied. I know I'm rambling here but my point is, is anyone else getting burned out on never finding anything? I mean a figure here and a figure there is nice, but my roomate has never had a problem finding his Muppet figures or the new TMNT figures. And with a little effort I got all of the new He-Man figures, so why can't Star Wars follow suit? If none of this makes and sense then just please go on and write about something else. If you want to put your two cents in and try to get me fired up about collecting again I'd love to hear it.

8. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    Which is why a few of us are going to start ordering from Entertainment Earth. That way we don't have to drive all over town and we get exactly what we want.

9. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Yes to LordJedi you listen....hmmm.

I can feel your pain, but in reality thats part of the fun of collecting. Trying to find the figures running all over town, marking calanders for ""Trench Runs".

But again I feel your pain.

10. BobaFett-MP

BobaFett-MP Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2001
    AGHHHH!!! That's not fair you guys!!! I've been all over town and I still haven't found the figures!!! :( The best I've gotten was today I found the Dooku and Anakin speeder sets...

11. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    Anybody want to go to Frank and Son's this Saturday with me?

12. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    I will probably see you there as I still need that poster for Grand Slam....What time are you going? I may be busy in the afternoon... What time does it open?

13. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    It opens around 9 I think. I'm looking at getting there around 10am.

14. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    That's cool...I will probably go in the am...I also have to hit Joann's Fabric for costume stuff.

15. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    but in reality thats part of the fun of collecting

Not to be nasty or anything, but I never really had a lot of fun running around to 5 different stores, 3 times a week, trying to find figures. It got to the point where I was getting worn out and I wasn't getting anything done at home (cleaning, homework, etc.). Sure, it was always good to find a lot of figures I didn't have, but it only happened about once a month, maybe less. That's probably the main reason why I only hit stores that are on my way home or are near my home now.

16. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    Oh well without a smilie beating his head against the wall my post didn't really come off sarcastic enough LJ. I do concur!

17. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    Oh, you mean like this?

[image=http://www.bobafettmp.com/ocff/phpBB/images/smiles/banghead.gif]

In case you're wondering, I simply found the image on our boards and linked to the image.

18. dustinbrewer

Nov 8, 2002
    for those interested....

http://www.fs-collectibles.com/

19. dustinbrewer

Nov 8, 2002
    walmart fountain valley
    beach blvd & talbert blvd

1 tusken raider camp ambush(new)
    4 tantive rebel soldiers(new)
    1 yoda high coucil repaint
    1 yellow clone pilot
    several destroyer droids
    several jango pilots(of course)
    2 anakin hanger duel
    3 count dooku hanger duel

1 yoda/battle droid deluxe

20. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    And here I thought I'd be able to sleep in tomorrow :(

21. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    Sleep in you'll probably get there and they will be gone. :banghead:

I'm not good with images =(

22. Kaui-Gone-Jim

Kaui-Gone-Jim Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 19, 2002
    SRB, LJ,
    I also did some headbanging in the past - LOL! Now, I only look if I find myself in the store for the usual bare necesseties ("those mother-nature recipes... forget about your worries and your strife...") Sorry - couldn't help myself! :p

Wish I could be with you all at F&S Saturday, but I'm broke from too much eBaying the past month. :(
    Have fun - and 'good hunting'! :D

Peace,
    Kaui

23. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    My trench run was SUCCESFUL!!!

I picked up the following:

Mara Jade
    Eeth Koth
    Padme Droid Factory
    Analysis Droids
    Count Dooku w' Geonosian Speeder Bike
    Vintage Admiral Ackbar
    Vintage Weequay

I didn't get to get Barris or Ayala, but that was obnly because the vendor that had them was closed up today. All in all a great run. Total cost for everything $40.00. For those that I have heard say that F&S is pricey. Remember you have to be able to negotiate deals. The vendors will work with you when you buy more than 1 item from them.

24. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    That's very cool that you found your Mara Jade, Shawn. How is she dressed? ?[face_plain]

My attitude on the action figures, since I'm not a big collector, of anything, really, is similar to Jim's. If I'm shopping at Walmart or Target, I'll go look at what they have, and if I see a figure I don't have, I'll buy one.

But now I have that song stuck in my head! Dammit Jim! LOL

How did you do that link, Barry? I can't figure it out! :(

25. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    Just do an image link. Go to our other message boards, click the more icons link, and copy the "image location" link. I use Netscape 7, so I just right click on the image and select "copy image location" and then I paste that into the image= tags on here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.