**OFFICIAL O C Fan Force Collecting Thread**

Discussion in 'Orange County, CA' started by SRB_Jedi_Knight, Aug 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_avery Jedi Master

star 3
    as well you should be!
  2. darth_avery Jedi Master

star 3
    i'm in a sticky situation:

i knew that i had some sw stuff from ep 1 in a box some where so i went looking for it...but...when i started recording all of the stuff so i could tell you guys i noticed that some of the items were sticky...one of the soda cans had sprung a leak and now my kitched sink is covered in stick sw memorabilia.

i'll get back to you on my revised list of sw collectables.
  3. droideka27 Manager Emeritus

star 7
    oh no! how sad for you!!! that sucks.

I went to a new (to me) Kay-Bee yesterday. At Harbor and Adams. it SUCKED though. i was sooo dissappointed. They had hardly anything and it was just lame. plus everything was more expensive than target. I LOVE Target. And the KB at the westminster mall. I am going to try to get over there soon. :)
  4. darth_avery Jedi Master

star 3
    i'm telling ya...cosmic comics is the best place for collectables! you'll be supprised how much they can jam into that small store!
  5. SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Master

star 4
    The best KB I know of is in the Brea Mall. I will be calling over there this morning to see if they have any of new figures in yet. If I find out any good info I'll post here and share it with all of you.

Edit: Called and found out they have nothing really new to report to you guys here. I was hoping to find the clone trooper pilot figure and the Padme Coruscant Attack figure, but no luck. Also they have run out of the yoda deluxe figures.
  6. droideka27 Manager Emeritus

star 7
    I went to the Wallmart on Beach and Talbert today. Their SW merchandise is not that extensive, but the do have the JANGO FETT ROOM ALARM, which besides being a very cool looking figure... maybe like 10 " tall or soemthing, it a very fun thing to have. I have a droideka room alarm. it's sooo much fun to leave on because it scares everyone who comes in my room! :p

Anyways, also, if any of you collect 3 and 3/4" action figures, i would definitely recommend getting the CREATURES to go along with them. The REEK, and the ACKLAY. they finally have it at Target now! I bought mine two months ago, when i found it in Montana on a family vacation. Also the NEXU, but it is just a "deluxe figure"

Also, if anyone needs any information just let me know by PM, I'd be more than happy to answer andy Qs or look for information.

:) I am going to bed soon, so good night everyone!
  7. droideka27 Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Ah, wait i found some more stuff :p\

Checking out Toys R Us.com (it's like 30mins away from my house, i don't get over there often)

They have an exclusive 3 and 3/4" Landspeeder with luke, that looks really cool. This will be realeased only at Toys R Us on September 5, which, btw is my birthday! yay me. :p

If you are interested in getting the "Star wars Episode II AOTC FX Edition Anakin Lightsaber" which i am seriously considering buying. it's list price is $129.99. at Toys R Us, it's only $99.99, so theres a heads up. But it is not realeased yet.

Also, for those of you who collect 12' figures, Toys R Us will soon be getting a LOT of new ones (Dooku, Zam Wessel, Leia disguised as bounty hunter, dengar, etc). I personally have none. they are too expensive for me and i like the quality and detail of 3 and 3/4" figures.

Also the electronic Jango fett. Which looks very cool, is coming out Sept. 1 at Touys R US. it's like $35 though.

FInally, two things i am VERY excited about and HAVE to get ASAP.

REPUBLIC GUNSHIP

ARENA PLAYSET

I saw both of these in a preview at COMIC CON and i have to say i was very impressed. Well, more so with the gunship. Anyways, these will be available on Sept 10 for the Gunship, and Oct 1 for the Arena playset. They are both $39.99 but the Gunship is well worth it. Keep an eye out for those. The second i see one i am buying it. :p

Night all
  8. darth_avery Jedi Master

star 3
    if only i had mula!
    gosh darn!
    i hate being to young to work anyplace deicent.
    everywhere else you get paid dirt and i'm already getting that from my parents.

as i'm typing my dad is looking over my shoulder and laughing at me and saying that i complain to much...but then again what does he know :p
  9. droideka27 Manager Emeritus

star 7
    I work at a SUBWAY (sandwiches). And all of the moeny I make usually just goes into my bank account with a few exceptions.

clothes, food/"hanging out" $$, and SW stuff. which i spend a LOT on. Ah, well.

I still am putting money in my savings account, not loosing it, so that's good. But we'll see in the fall, when i am only working three days a week :eek:

10. darth_avery Jedi Master

star 3
    if i had a job i would only be able to work 3 days a week also. tuesdays wednesdays and fridays are the only days i don't have soccer. (not to mention i have school). i usually babysit. (does ne1 know justin fox? the musician. i babysit his children.) i also house sit for $5 a day for my neighbors. but that's only around holidays.
  11. Kaui-Gone-Jim Jedi Knight

star 3
    Anyone know of good discount toy stores, to look for cheap SW booty? I heard a rumour of one in Westminster, but didn't get the name.
    Reread SRB's and D_A's lists - the collecting gods have been very kind indeed.
  12. SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't know of any cheep discount toy stores. I have found some of the vendors at Frank and Son's collectables to have some good deals. You just have to search them out when you get there. If you ant info on Frank and Son's Collectables just let me know.
  13. darth_avery Jedi Master

star 3
    even though i already posted this on the social thread, a few of you have been asking me where cosmic comics is. well here ya go:

cosmic comics
    3333 bristol st.
    costa mesa, ca 92626

hours

monday-saturday : 11a-7p
    sunday : 11a-630p

by Mcdonalds in the sears lot
  14. droideka27 Manager Emeritus

star 7
    I am going to go check out cosmic comics, soon. It's like 10 mins away from my house. I am also trying to make it out to Toys R Us, but the closest one is over 20 mins away, and I am pretty busy.

Thanks for the address though
  15. SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll be psting info on Frank and Son's Collectables tomorrow. I don't have the address with me, but I'll have it up soon.
  16. droideka27 Manager Emeritus

star 7
  17. darth_avery Jedi Master

star 3
    Update!!! here is my updated collectable list!!! just imagine the rest of my list with it, k? ok...good.

soda cans

PEPSI-MOUNTAIN DEW-
    obi-wan kenobi
    destroyer droid
    ric ole
    ruune haako

DIET PEPSI-
    battle droid
    queen amidala

PEPSI-
    jabba the hutt
    watto
    anakin skywalker
    r2-d2
    senator palpatine

pez dispensers
    darth vader
    stormtrooper
    boba fett
    chewbacca
    wicket
    yoda
    princess leia

happy meal toys
    jar jar squirter
    swiming jar jar binks
    sith probe viewer
    amidala's hidden identity
    anakin's podracer
    anakin skywalker transformation bank
    planet tatooine
    darth maul sith speeder
    *mace windu cup and cover collectables (pizza hut)

action figures
    RotJ -
    Luke Skywalker made-1999
    Darth Vader made-1999
    TPM-
    Obi-wan Kenobi made-1999
    Qui-gon Jinn made-1999

calendars
    2000-2001 18 month EP1 obi-wan
    1978 12 month Star Wars
    1979 12 month Star Wars

other
    Original Soundtrack Vinyl Record 1977 amount-2
  18. SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Master

star 4
  19. Kaui-Gone-Jim Jedi Knight

star 3
    SRB, thanks, big-time, for the F&S link.
    Took my figure of Jabba's dancer Lyn Mei and painted a black outfit on her and gave her a pink light-sabre (a red one that faded). Now she is fighting next to Shak-Ti and Mace Windu on the bookshelf.
    Can't wait for the Clone Trooper Pilot, Aayla Secura, and Ralph McQuarrie Concept Stormtrooper figs to get into my grubby little hands!!! (ooops, some drool on the keyboard)
  20. SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Master

star 4
    ok, If anyone is looking for the

Dooku,
    Anakin Hangar Duel
    Palpatine

they can be found at the Orange Wal-Mart off Tustin Ave. They have quite a few so if you need them get them while you can.
  21. Kaui-Gone-Jim Jedi Knight

star 3
    Will February just get here, so I can get an Aayla Secura, and the newest Boba Fett figs!
  22. droideka27 Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Has anyone seen this around yet? I am not sure if it's out yet
    [image=http://starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/repnews_content.cfm?showlg=131]

It looks very cool. actually i haven't seen even the padme unleashed around. the are a very cool set of figures, though. :)
  23. SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Master

star 4
    I know you can probably pick this up at the Kay-bee in the Brea Mall. They usually carry quite a bit of stuff there.
  24. LordJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    This is a little OT, but oh well. Is it just me or is the packaging for the LOTR figures utter crap? Me thinks Toy Biz just doesn't know how to package figures. I was in Walmart tonight and I almost picked up a twin set of Frodo and Sam (the package looked fine) but Frodo's sword was bent in the package. And I've been collecting long enough to know that that sword is gonna stay bent until it's either worked back into shape or heated and bent back. That, and the way they tape those things shut just looks atrocious.

Now for something a little more OT. This is in no way meant to offend our younger members, but I swear, kids today have no imagination. When I was a kid, we didn't need little pieces of plastic that look like blaster fire to imagine the scenes we set up. The blaster fire and deflected shots (for lightsabers) just looks really lame to me.

Ok, I'm done now. I think I'm just mad because my cable modem is running reaaalllly sloooooooow tonight. Actually, for the past 3 nights. Slower than a dial-up modem. But I'm done now.

So what are everyone elses thoughts on what I mentioned?
  25. droideka27 Manager Emeritus

star 7
    I agree... the blast/force effects are stupid... with a few exceptions. I think that the blast effects that attach onto lightsabers, like for Shaak Ti, are cool. While they do NOT enhance playing whatsoever, they really do enhance the figure, as it sits on my book shelf.

[image=http://collectibles.echostation.com/toyfair02/IM000050.jpg]

And i do not collect any LOTR figures, but i saw the Mountain Troll at Wallmart, the last time i was there, and it was really cool! I am pretty impressed witht he detail of the figures and everythign (admiring them from in the packaging).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.