main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA **OFFICIAL O C Fan Force Collecting Thread**

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by SRB_Jedi_Knight, Aug 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    During my trek last night to find figures for the kids (they're not on sale at Toys R Us and Target's selection sucked), I managed to find and pick up a couple of figures. They are a Luke Skywalker with a removeable hand and a Han Solo with throwing/punching action. They're probably fairly old, but I didn't have them and I thought they were cool. I don't have pics of them yet and I can't find anything about them online, sorry.

I am about ready to get the R2-D2 droid and the Yoda lego statue. And I really want the lego Rebel Blockade Runner and Star Destroyer (I just need a place to set them up :))

2. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    SUNDAY at TRU they will have the silver R2D2 silver aniversary edition. Free with a 20.00 purchase of Star Ways merchandise.

3. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    Just another reminder about the 25th anivaersary Silver R2D2. Free with a 20.00 purchase Sunday at all Toys R US stores!

4. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    After a long day yesterday with little sleep the night before and then getting up ealry to be at TRU at 8:30 this morning waiting. I have my silver R2! He is totaly awesome. The sculpt used for this figure was great! While there I also picked up Jango Pilot, Watto, Lott Dod, Anakin TA and Lamu Su.

5. Kaui-Gone-Jim

Kaui-Gone-Jim Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 19, 2002
    SRB, thanks for the 'Heads-Up!' on the Silver R2....

"Help me, Obi-Wan!"

I looked around (yet again!) for a Clone Pilot, and no luck. They had a million Episode 2 Jar-Jars -- why doesn't Hasbro make more of the figures we ACTUALLY WANT! (like the Clone Pilot?) Of course, there is 2 pages of them on eBuy (e - for 'evil'?), but don't want to go that route if I can help it.

If anyone sees some, or has one to spare, please PM me. Thanks!

PEACE,
    Kaui-Gone-Jim

6. zhi-don_aquintas

zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2002
    this just goes to show that i need to check these threads more often. shopping on monday at the TAU in la mirada. i bought the anakin and padme extreme action figures. these are more like very detailed statues. nice! then what to my suprise i get a free silver anniversary r2d2. wow! SRB...no luck on finding your figure yet...will keep looking...cant find a 12 inch anakin anywhere either...anyone know where?

7. dustinbrewer

dustinbrewer Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 8, 2002
    hello,

i'm new to the group, good to see some folks interested in star wars toys. i'm on the "rip it open soon as i get it" side of collecting :p

just scored tusken raider w/ massif, ki adi mundi, watto, yellow clone and lott dodd at wal mart h.b. woooohooooo :)

anybody seen elephant mon anywhere???

--dustin

8. jedi_janie

jedi_janie Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2002
    Is that TRU special still going on?

9. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    To my knowledge as long as they have the Silver R2 to give away with the 20.00 purchase the promotion will continue to run.

10. BobaFett-MP

BobaFett-MP Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2001
    Hmmm, maybe I have to ask for it? I spent about $30 buying some figures (I picked up the Clone Pilot and Lott Dodd and a few extra Jango Pilots for photo referencing on my site) and they never mentioned anything about the silver R2. If you're all looking for figures, I've found that the Toys R Us next to South Coast Plaza really has a nice selection. I visit them about once a week.

11. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    i'm looking for the Clone pilot. If you see one by the meeting on Sunday pick it up and I'll gladly pay you for it.

12. Kaui-Gone-Jim

Aug 19, 2002
    Good luck SRB! I saw a set of 3 Clone pilots for sale on ebuy (seller in Chino Hills!) -- but I had to pass. But that is an option: some of us going in on a deal like that and splitting the cost?

Are Unleashed Padme and Anikin still available in stores, anyone? I looked at the pix of them (again) and they are starting to say "Buy us!"

As the captain said in Das Boot, "Good hunting!"

13. BobaFett-MP

May 13, 2001
    Sorry SRB, I wasn't able to find one in time.

As for the Padme and anakin released, I've actually got the Padme one (bought a few weeks ago at the Toys R Us near South Coast Plaza) and I saw the Anakin one at the Main Place Mall's Kay-B-toys.

14. Kaui-Gone-Jim

Aug 19, 2002
    The Force was definitely with me Sunday.
    After the excellent meeting, I went to the Fullerton TRU and found Unleashed Padme and Anakin. Snapped them up and got the Silver R2 to boot!

"Oh, Thank the Maker!" :D (3PO in ANH)

15. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    I went to Toys R Us today, at Edinger and Goldenwest. they have a ton of Gunships, and Arena(I bought this!) play sets. Most of the new figures, but no ephant or Clone pilot :(

They were out of the dvds when i went at 12:30. booo.

I found a Padme' Unleashed!!!!!!!!!! Unfortunately, there was only one, adn i snagged it. sorry all! :p

Also, all TRU's sw legos are 25% with the cupon that's available at the door. I finally picked up the cloud city twin-pod cloud car. :)

16. BobaFett-MP

May 13, 2001
    When I was there for the dvd (see the "It's out!" thread), the Toys R Us by South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa had TONS of Anakin, Vader, and Padme Unleashed. They also have a bunch of Silver R2s left from what I heard (I bought a Vader Unleashed and a second Padme Unleashed to open :-D so I got the R2).

I'm still looking for Elefant Mon (sp) and that Pod RAcer Guy (his name escapes me).

17. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    OK, SC Plaza is like 15 mins from my house. Where is the toys r us there??? I need to know this. I really want vader unleashed.

As for Teemto Palgilia (sp?)The pod racer, i saw his at the TRU at goldenwest and Edinger today. That's not too far away, probably for you. And they still have a bunch of R2s, if you want more.

i went to my target today (Brookhurst and Adams) and they had the Gunship! And the Arena, and Interactive Artoo, but that's the only new stuff. everything else is old. I did finally get the Dooku/Yoda speeder bike set, adn WOW are the figures awesome! Yoda is spetacular and Dook even has a curved handle for his light saber! A very cool lego set to have.

(Non sw.... I also got LOTR Special edition, $25 at Target, and the Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets Soundtrack, which came out today, and is awesome, just like all William's stuff. :) )

18. BobaFett-MP

May 13, 2001
    The Toys R Us is right across the street from SCP. It's in the big shopping center at Bristol and MacArthur Blvd. All you need to do is go into the shopping center somewhere near the Washington Mutual at the corner of MacArthur and Bristol. Then, just drive towards SCP through the shopping center. About half way down, you'll suddenly see it next to a Big 5 Sporting Goods.

I put together this map, hope it helps!
    [image=http://www.bobafettmp.com/ocff/tru-map.jpg]

19. BobaFett-MP

May 13, 2001
    Oh, and I picked up the Teemlo or whatever pod racer guy from the Tustin Market Place TRU (my local one). I'm still looking for Elefant Mon. I'll compile a list of the figure numbers I'm still hunting for later tonight. If you can't find the Vader Unleashed, let me know.

20. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    Britt:

Thanks!!!!! I saved the map and will try to get over there this weekend.

Your maps are very helpful :)

21. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    OK who wants to go to make a Frank and Son's run on Saturday? I have some work to get done on my truck and get it registered, but that should be done by 12. So anyone want to go out there with me? I'm only going because I know they will have Ephant Mon and Clone Trooper pilots.

22. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    Awww, i have work until like 4, or I'd go. If you are able to pick up one of each for me I'd be EXTREMEMLY grateful, but i totally understand if you can't. Thnaks!

23. BobaFett-MP

May 13, 2001
    What/Who is Frank and Son's??

24. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    For those of you that do not know what Frank and Sons is. It a toy and collectable show which happens every Sat just off the 60fwy past the 57 fwy interchange. They have tones of Star Wars collectable out there. Some deals can be made also depending on the quanity you purchase. I talked about itearlier in this thread and I even think I linked to their website so go back and check it out. If anyone is interested let me know by midnight tonight.

25. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    OK I will be checking in the morning to see if anyone wants to come with. Meeting place is Boomers in Naheim at 1:00pm. We will leave from there and head out to Frank and Sons. If you're interested in going just show up on time. I will be leaving at 1:15 sharp.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.