main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA **OFFICIAL O C Fan Force Collecting Thread**

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by SRB_Jedi_Knight, Aug 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Ah... Mind what you have learned, save you it can. :D .

I keep saying Frank and sons is great!

We have to take a trip!

2. zhi-don_aquintas

zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2002
    hi guys;

just wanted to let you know you can stop look for a darth maul unleased for me. i found one today at a kmart in long beach. it was in bad shape externally so it was 50% off. thanks for all those who looked for me.

3. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    Good news I think. I have heard that shoppers did such a great job on Black Friday that they reduced the inventory of all the older stuff on the shelves. So you should start seeing some of the newer stuff out when you're out there looking.

4. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    tsk tsk, bad me, i keep forgeetting to post the new collecting info i find out in here. :p

SO, here's some new stuff:
    Unleashed Vader, with removable helmet, unleashed slave leia (wowie!)

New figures coming out in 2003! And yes, one of them pictured is Aayla Secura!!! Wow :p

UG! and I really really want #48, the droideka! I have not seen it anywhere, though. I am going to Alaska for christmas, to be with family, and usually I am able to find a lot of older stuff there, burried in the back at KB Toys and the like. yay!

5. Kaui-Gone-Jim

Kaui-Gone-Jim Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 19, 2002
    Great pics, Tracy! Can't wait for Aayla and Coleman figs to be in stores! :D

On the main collecting forum, saw that the Action Fleet Republic Gunship is supposed to be released in January -- "Yippeeeee!" :p

Peace,
    KGJ

6. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    See THis JC Thread for a LONG list of all that Hasbro will be putting out in 2003! t all sounds so great, but I thought I'd save room and just post the link.

7. BobaFett-MP

BobaFett-MP Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2001
    DROIEKA ALERT! I just picked one up at the KayBe Toys in the Orange Mall!!! They had about 6 of them in 9 (almost) unopened cases of figures. the one person they didn't have, Elefant Mon :( There was one figure missing from a few of the boxes (someone had figured out that the boxes were there for the customers before me) and I think took all the Elefant Mon. But they have loads of clone trooper pilots, Droidekas, Darth Maul, Anakin (Hanger Duel), Padme Pilot, that Pod Racer guy, Luke, Vader, Han, Royal Guard, (Yoda 1st one), and a bunch of the Jedi.

8. darth_avery

darth_avery Jedi Youngling star 3

May 22, 2002
    has anyone ever gone to Cosmic comics to check out the toys they have there. i remember telling ppl about it but i don't recall anyone telling me they actually went. they have some really rare (not to mention expensive) figures.

-avery

9. Skabbard

Skabbard Jedi Youngling

Sep 24, 2002
    Hello again;

I had previously posted a photo of a Marmit 12" Boba Fett; here's a photo of the Marmit 12" Sandtrooper (White Pauldron).

Sandtrooper

and a link to Boba Fett...

BobaFett

10. Kaui-Gone-Jim

Aug 19, 2002
    Skabbard, those are AWESOME pics! :D

D_A, I might be going to SC Plaza later this week (possible job) - if I get out there, I'll be sure to give Cosmic Comics a look-see! Thanks for the reminder.

11. BobaFett-MP

May 13, 2001
    Some collecting news.....

- KayBee Toys in the Orange Mall has a bunch of 4 packs for $9.99 (comes with 4 random figures).

- K-Mart (Near the Orange Mall) has a few 2-packs for $9.99 (hidden in the very corner of the store where the toy department is.

- Suncoast and Sam Goody at the Westmenster Mall had the 12" (All plastic? Static, non movable) Jango Fett, Darth Vader, Mace Windu, and a couple others for $12.99

That Marmit Boba Fett is one of the Fett items I really want but don't have. Any ideas as to where I can find it?

I just read the first page of this topic here, and I'll chime in saying that I've got just about every single figure produced since 1995 minus the Expanded Universe seies (never was able to find them!). I've got many of the vehicles, but not all (I really wanted to get the AT-AT and TIE Fighter, but never got around to doing that). I've got most of the deluxe/3-set/playset figures. A few of the figures I went ahead and bought 2 or 3 of for one to open and maybe another variation.

12. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    OK, here's the full list of the AOTC new line figures: (listed : Year, # and then title)

13. '02 #1: Anakin Skywalker Outland Peasant Disguise
  14. '02 #2: Padme Amidala Arena Escape
  15. '02 #3: Obi-Wan Kenobi Coruscant Chase
  16. '02 #4: C-3PO Protocol Droid
  17. '02 #5: Kit Fisto Jedi Master
  18. '02 #6: Super Battle Droid
  19. '02 #7: Boba Fett Kamino Escape
  20. '02 #8: Tusken Raider Female with Tusken Child
  21. '02 #9: Captain Typho Padme?s head of Security
  22. '02 #10: Shaak Ti Jedi Master
  23. '02 #11: Battle Droid Arena Battle
  24. '02 #12: Plo Koon
  25. '02 #13: Jango Fett Kamino Escape
  26. '02 #14: R2-D2 Coruscant Sentry
  27. '02 #15: Geonosian Warrior
  28. '02 #16: Dexter Jettser Coruscant Informant
  29. '02 #17: Clone trooper
  30. '02 #18: Zam Wesell Bounty Hunter
  31. '02 #19: Royal Guard Coruscant Security
  32. '02 #20: Saesee Tiin JedI Master
  33. '02 #21: Nikto Jedi Knight
  34. '02 #22: Anakin Skywalker Hangar Duel
  35. '02 #23: Yoda Jedi Master
  36. '02 #24: Jar Jar Binks Gungan Senator
  37. '02 #25: Taun We Kamino Cloner
  38. '02 #26: Luminara Unduli JedI Master
  39. '02 #27: Count Dooku Dark Lord
  40. '02 #28: Mace Windu Geonosian Rescue
  41. '02 #29: Luke Skywalker Bespin Duel
  42. '02 #30: Darth Vader Bespin Duel
  43. '02 #31: Jango Fett Final Battle
  44. '02 #32: Qui-Gon Jinn JedI Master
  45. '02 #33: Endor Rebel Solider
  46. '02 #34: Massiff
  47. '02 #35: Orn Free Taa
  48. '02 #36:eek:bi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Starfighter Pilot
  49. '02 #37: Han Solo Endor Raid
  50. '02 #38: Chewbacca Cloud City Capture
  51. '02 #39: Supreme Chancellor Palpatine
  52. '02 #40: Djas Puhr Alien Bounty hunter
  53. '02 #41: Padme' Amidala Coruscant Attack
  54. '02 #42: Darth Maul Sith Training
  55. '02 #43: ANakin Skywalker Tatooine Attack
  56. '02 #44: Ki-Adi-Mundi Jedi Master
  57. '02 #45: Ephant Mon Jabba's Head of Security
  58. '02 #46: Teemto Pagalies Pod Racer
  59. '02 #47: Jango Fett Slave I Pilot
  60. '02 #48 - Destroyer Droid - Geonosis Battle
  61. '02 #49 - CLone Trooper Republic Gunship Pilot
  62. '02 #50 - Watto - Mos Espa Junk Dealer
  63. '02 #51 - Lott Dodd - Neimodian Senator
  64. '02 #52 - Tusken Raider with Massiff
  65. '02 #53 - Yoda - Jedi High Council

66. '03 #1 - Obi-Wan Kenobi - Acklay Battle
  67. '03 #2 - Mace Windu - Arena Confrontation
  68. '03 #3 - Darth Tyranus - Geonosian Escape
  69. '03 #4 - Padme Amidala - Droid Factory Chase
  70. '03 #5 - Droids 2-Pack
  71. '03 #6 - Tusken Radier - Tatooine Camp Ambush
  72. '03 #7 - Anakin Skywalker
  73. '03 #8 - Boba Fett
  74. '03 #9 - R2-D2
  75. '03 #10 - Lama Su with Clone Boy
  76. '03 #11 - Aayla Secura
  77. '03 #12 - Barriss Offee
  78. '03 #13 - Han Solo in Hoth Gear
  79. '03 #14 - Chewbacca - Mynock Hunt
  80. '03 #15 - Yoda & Chian 2-Pack
  81. '03 #16 - Ashla & Jempa 2-Pack
  82. '03 #17 - Luke Skywalker (ROTJ)
  83. '03 #18 - Darth Vader (ROTJ)
  84. '03 #19 - Snowtrooper
  85. '03 #20 - Padme Amidala in Wedding Dress
  86. '03 #21 - Wat Tambor
  87. '03 #22 - Coleman Trebor
  89. BobaFett-MP

May 13, 2001
    Thanks! That one is a lot cleaner and less paper!

90. Kaui-Gone-Jim

Aug 19, 2002
    Wow, Tracy - that list got me very excited. :cool: Only wish there was a Leia-Hoth Gear coming in '03.

Britt, where do you find room for your collection. :p You someday might need a Death Star to hold everything! :D

I just have to plug 'The Toy Mine' again (in Anaheim, on Ball Road - just West of Beach Blvd.) Monday, I picked up a carded Episode 1 Anakin for only $4.
    They have lots of hard to find new and older figures, 12" dolls, vehicles, and other cool toys from our collective childhood days. The prices are a bargain too. Bray, the owner/manager is a cool dude - and his dog is friendly as an Ewok.

91. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    I agree that is a very nice list. I am also fearing I will spend more money than I should this next year. :D

92. BobaFett-MP

May 13, 2001
    I agree SRB. I can't WAIT for that Unleashed Boba Fett as well as the new Classic Fett figure! Even the Jango Fett 'Clone War' (how does that happen?) figure sounds cool. I also like the fact that they will be re-releasing the Action Fleet Slave 1.

As for where I put them, best way to describe is to show (plus it's a slow morning with not much to do):

'The Wall' (Latest Figures. Two F4U Corsairs 1:18 scale are near the top)
    [image=http://www.bobafettmp.com/Temp/wall.jpg]

Boxes 1-3 (boxes can contain up to 60-70 figures, sometimes I can squeeze in more)
    [image=http://www.bobafettmp.com/Temp/boxes-1-2.jpg]

Boxes 4-7 (Same as above. Note - Not all boxes carry figures, some carry a figure/deluxe/small vehicle mix. The aircraft partially in the frame is a German Stuka, 1:18 scale)
    [image=http://www.bobafettmp.com/Temp/boxes-4-5-6-7.jpg]

Then finally, the loose stuff and Boba Fett/Jango Fett things. (Note - This is the dogpile I was talking about!)
    [image=http://www.bobafettmp.com/Temp/shelves.jpg]

I picked up the R2-D2 Interactive Droid from K-Mart on Saturday. He's REALLY cool!! Got him for a great sale price too. Watch out, he takes 4 'AA' and 4 'D' batteries! I love his responce when you ask him if he remembers Jabba the Hutt or Darth Vader. He's pretty smart, and can avoid most walls, but has a hard time juding corners. The weirdest thing is that he head knows where you are when you call for him, and he'll 'watch you' as you move around the room. It's really weird.

93. jedi_janie

jedi_janie Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2002
    Man! Aren't those R2-D2's like $100? That's how much I've seen them for. If only money grew on trees!!!!

94. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    I so want an R2 for x-mas, but I know there is no way my wife will get that for me.

95. BobaFett-MP

May 13, 2001
    I can bring him to the next meeting if you all would like. I'll have to keep his wheel lock on otherwise he'll start patrolling Lampost Pizza. It may also be hard for him to hear commands if the place is noisy. The coolest part about him is the fact that you can tell him how to move.
    You say:
    "Hey R2!" (He looks at you) "Command mode" (he beeps) "Move Forward" (he beeps again) "4 units" (He'll beep and move forward about 2 feet, you can say from 1 to 5 units). Then you can say "Turn around" and he'll do an amazing 180. You can tell him to turn left, right forward and turn around.
    He's got a bunch of games, like 'Spin the Droid' (he useses his head to point to someone at random using an inferred beam to find the people), 'Laser Tag' in which he turns around and counts to ten then rolls around the room trying to find you. When he finds you, he beeps a little triumphant tune.
    One neat thing is that if you say 'Play Message', he'll play Leia's message from ANH (only the last part) and his light beam will flick on as if he were projecting it in a hologram.

He's a fun little droid, a bit hard to control at times, so what you do is hit him on the head (REALLY! The manual says so!) and he stops what he's doing and pays attention to you.

96. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    If I get a bonus here at my work. I will be getting an R2. If the wife doesn't like it then she can take the same amount out of the bonus and spend it on whatever she likes.

97. Kaui-Gone-Jim

Aug 19, 2002
    Britt, that R2 sounds SO COOL! :D And your pix are great also. (Is the 'Dog Pile' a football game between Vader's Raiders and the Jedi Jets?) The Boba shelf is super - I have similar one of Vader's.
    Those 1/18 scale planes look awesome - who makes those? Are they flyable or static?

I picked up the Bart Simpson watch at BK, and it is very cool. Press button and he says: "Cool your jets, man!" (Do you think he's referring to Jango/Boba?) At only 2.39 +Tax. Is very sturdy and a bargain! :p

Peace,
    Jim

98. BobaFett-MP

May 13, 2001
    The aircraft are the BEST line of WW2 craft I've ever seen. They are Toys R Us exclusives as of right now and have really struck a big hit in the warbird community. I LOVE them! I've got 2 F4U Corsairs (One US Pacific Theater, One RAF European), 2 P-38 Lightnings (One Pacific Theater, One European Theater), a P-51 Mustang "Pete's IV", an ME-109, and a JU-87 Stuka. I'm still missing a second P-51, ME-109, and Stuka that I plan to pick up at some point. They are made by Ultimate Soldier line, and are called Xtreme Detail (XD)
    My brother collects the armor and infantry side. The same company makes Sherman Tanks, Willys Jeeps, Tigers, Panthers, etc (all 1:18 scale). He's also got a bunch of infantry from both sides (German and US). The next series to come out will be battle of bastone infantry and tanks. I'm waiting for the rumored Zero, Spitfire, and ME-262. They are a bit expensive, the Stuka costs like $46, and the Corsair can be $39.

I used to have some shots of all the aircraft, not sure if they're still up... Checking....
    I have some old 'diorama' shots I did with the P-51, The Pilot (he was the only pilot not to scale!), Willys Jeep, and some infantry which we titled 'Pilots, man your planes':
    [image=http://www.bobafettmp.com/Temp/pilotsmanplanes-2.jpg]

[image=http://www.bobafettmp.com/Temp/pilotsmanplanes-9.jpg]

Here's some of the main 4 aircraft minus the stuka (the other versions of each are just repaints)
    [image=http://www.bobafettmp.com/Temp/group-2.jpg]

[image=http://www.bobafettmp.com/Temp/group-4.jpg]

Back to Star Wars for a sec, has anyone spotted the Christmas C-3PO and R2 set?

99. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    I haven't seen it yet, but others on the collecting forum have picked it up.

100. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    Hey everyone, Check this out

it's the new deluxe figures Obi-wan and Jango in the Kamino Rain Battle. :)

101. BobaFett-MP

May 13, 2001
    I got to rant a bit.... I HOPE that the colors on that Jango are not the final. Since when did he get a BLUE jumpsuit?? The top of his antenna is blue, not silver! His vest (that holds the chest armor) is not THAT grey. As far as I can remember, the cheek area of the helmet did not have any blue at all.... I thought the boots where black. They didn't even bother to color the rocket on his left wrist gauntlet. And finally, they make that firing anti-vehicle missle from his jetpack so long that it looks like he's got a tail.
    Aside from that, looks great!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.