main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series *Official* Obi-Wan in TCW Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm telling ya, the TCW folks have done a great job setting up the personal conflict between Maul and Obi-wan this season. Its going to make the big arc coming even more weighty.

2. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    I agree.

Without that, I'd really be hating on Maul's return... it has to really mean something.

3. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I just thought of something (yeah, yeah) - Obi-Wan could have mentioned Adi's death after Palps goes back into his office and Yoda could incorporate that into his "it's personal" lines to Obi-Wan. Not just Qui-Gon, but Qui-Gon and Adi.

4. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    I wonder if Kenobi even reported that she died, if it's such a "personal matter."

5. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    :confused:

The death of a fellow Council member, seriously? You think they wouldn't notice?

Mace, looks around: "Hey, Obi-Wan, where's Adi?"

Obi-Wan: "Oh, ah, she decided to take a break - long vacation, you know - somewhere. Said she'd be in touch, maybe..."

Yoda: "Flighty she was. Appoint Stass Allie to replace her we will."

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  6. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I think they're worried that this might turn into an Obsession. Yes, I went there.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  7. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    :D

Good one, Garth Maul. I agree. Let's see how obsessed Obi-Wan becomes after Adi
    then Satine.

8. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Honestly
    I could see Obi-Wan not stopping until he's made sure Maul is dead several times over!!! I actually quite like the conflict between them. I think its been handled quite well so far. It's just the matter of whether the pay-off will be good. I just hope Obi-Wan is the Jedi that gets rid of Maul for good. At least it re-establishes him as someone who can kill a Sith :p

9. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    I think you mean "if" then it reestablishes him. From what spoilers I've seen, your wish is not going to be. Instead, Obi-Wan will be only be the Jedi who sliced and diced a Sith in half yet failed to kill him.

10. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    So if I'm following this thread correctly...

Obi-Wan's going to get the reputation as the anti-chivalrous twerp who hides behind women in a fight? :p

11. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    :eek:[face_phbbbbt]:mad:

Oh, Barriss, Barriss, Barris. First he's a punching bag; now you dare to call him - I can't repeat it. Not our Obi-Wan. (Wouldn't surprise me if Filoni picks up on that, though - Force spare us.)

12. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Oh, so this is how Satine is going to die.

13. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Sorry -- no offense! Obi-Wan's always been one of my all-time favorite characters! So I subsequently take a jab at his good name once in a while.:p

Grievous ties her to a hovertrain track, twists his invisible mustachio, and hacks in glee as he watches Obi-Wan fail to rescue her in time from a crazy train driven by Maul & Savage.

Of course clever fans will point out Satine could quite possibly survive being run over by a hovertrain. Until Filoni clarifies in a video Q&A that she is in fact, quite certainly, dead.

Seerow likes this.
  14. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Good one, Barriss! ^

I was just twisting your chain (I expect the Obi-haters to spout such - such - demeaning thoughts. ;) You, however, went for the sucker punch just knowing how it would be received, right?)

15. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    There is a trend going.

Anakin always ends up with all the powerful and cool people on his side in a fight
    Obi wan always ends up with all the ladies on his side
    Ahsoka always ends up with the pathetic weaklings

16. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Nah, Ahsoka is so strong and wonderful that everyone else appears to be pathetic weaklings next to her.

Except Obi-Wan. Even she can't diminish his awesomeness (but Filoni can).

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  17. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Yeah I mean 'if'.
    I don't think the spoiler we know about regarding Maul will be his final end, IMO. I'm still going to hope that Obi-Wan gets the chance to lop his head off and succeed :p

18. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Nice.=D=

19. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Indeed. He earned that peace and quiet. Speaking of which...

[​IMG]

http://blog.farawaypress.com/2012/10/my-new-hardcover-for-2012-star-wars.html

20. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Great cover.

Seerow likes this.
  21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Beautiful.

22. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Sweet. Can't have too much Kenobi.

Too bad we can't get rewrites (by that, I mean adult versions) of Obi-Wan's padawan years, and his early years training Anakin. JA & JQ don't really cut it for characterization (I've seen far better reimaginings in fanfic for a few of the stories).

cwustudent likes this.
  23. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I actually liked JA, I even have the two Special Editions, but I skipped JQ, so I do understand wanting a JAT/I, Jedi scenario for Obi-Wan's early years to a certain extent.

24. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    JA had its moments, but the stories were fairly simple and mainly involved Obi-Wan constantly hero-worshipping his master and trying to win his favor while the seeming star of the books was Qui-Gon (who the author admits is her fav character so she wanted to focus on him a lot). Then in JQ Obi-Wan was always trying to figure out what Qui-Gon would do so he could do better, and Anakin was always one foot in the dark (author admits she does not like Anakin as a character).

25. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Got to agree with Seerow on the Obi-Wan and Maul personal conflict.

Maul is Obi-Wan's arch enemy, the only clear arch nemesis in the Star Wars saga, with one singular and real motivation, to kill one of the main heroes. Dooku didn't have a vendetta against Obi-Wan, he even regarded him as a grandson of sorts, Grevious just wanted to kill Jedi - period. Ventress was an arch enemy, but she's somewhat switched sides, she's a dynamic and evolving character, somewhat like Prince Zuko from the Avatar animated series, Obi-Wan has done nothing to her other than best her in combat. Vader is well.. a whole different issue entirely. But Darth Maul wants to ruin everything Obi-Wan loves and cares about. For one, he murdered Qui-Gon right in front of him, and goaded him about it years later. Then, Obi-Wan sliced Maul in half, forcing Maul to become a cyborg monster, living like a wild animal for over 10 years.
    And to add to all that, from what we've gathered with the spoilers we've found, Maul is going to murder Satine, the woman that Obi-Wan would have even left the Jedi order if she said to be with her, right infront of him.
    Maul is pure evil, just like Sidious. He is a true Sith Lord in spirit, he is the bane of Obi-Wan's existence.

I'm looking forward to the Maul arc very much, given how much will be going on, plus the guy who wrote the Umbara arc is at the helms. So much has to happen in those episodes, but it's clear those are going to be the highlight of the season.

SithStarSlayer, hlc88 and Seerow like this.