main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series *Official* Obi-Wan in TCW Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Confederate_Republic

Confederate_Republic Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2011
    Anyone notice out of all the Clone Wars Character threads this one has the least amount of posts?

Anyway, I'm really curious about why they haven't even MENTIONED anything about Obi-Wan in Season 4, let alone in the trailers. In the first 3 Seasons, he was right there at the first reveal trailer and they talked up a storm about him, but now nothing :eek: I know he will most likely appear at some point, I can't really imagine them actually doing the season without such a major character, so I'm sure he will be in the Season. I'm just worried whether or not he will be involved in any of these so-called "Epic Battles"

It would seriously stink for the Season TITLED "Battle Lines" not to involve him in any way, seeing as how Anakin will already be fighting on both Dac, and apparently Umbara, where both feature organic enemies. Seriously, Anakin has already killed enough things, just drop him already and give the more interesting and cooler characters some room. I mean, we haven't really seen Mace Windu in action since Season 1 (No, I don't count blocking a few blaster bolts in "Children") They should have had him on Umbara, it would have been perfect. But yeah, nope, it's the Anakin (Half)Hour [face_plain]

I mean, yeah, we all know he will be Darth Vader, but it is so boring watching him crack one liners and kill everything he sees while they play the Imperial March every now and then as if saying "OMFG ITZ VADER!!11!1!"

Sorry for getting off topic from Obi-Wan (The thread subject) in that last part, just had to speak my mind :p

2. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    It is unusual there has been no mention of him.

I'm hoping he'll have some time away from Anakin & Ahsoka since he's now a 3rd wheel.

Hard to imagine him not being in the Nightsisters stuff though.

3. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
  4. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    He may not have a role at all in any of the arcs were know of so far and he may get a back seat so other characters can get more screentime. But I'm confident Obi-wan will appear and get decent screen time. I can't imagine us going a season without him. JAT said at SWW that Lanter gave a performance that had him and Corey Burton choked up, I imagine JAT had to of been voicing Obiwan for what he's talking about. It seems like the Nightsister's episodes aren't completed so maybe his epic scenes weren't ready for any of the teasers and trailers we've gotten thus far.

5. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    It is clear- Plo Koon took his place[face_worried]

6. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Well, it had to happen sometime. They must have realised that Anakin/Ahsoka/Rex and the other clones are the more popular characters and cut Obi Wan's screen time. But JAT wouldn't lose his job since he can do half the background/new character voices anyway.

7. Confederate_Republic

Jul 21, 2011
    [face_tired]

8. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Obi-Wan is quite popular character- well for example compared to Padmé.... she is still in ....while she shouldn't be....

9. Confederate_Republic

Jul 21, 2011
    When I found out Anakin was going to be fighting on Dac, that was bad enough, but I wasn't surprised in any way. He is the writer's pet, as well as the "Main Character" unfortunately. Besides, I guess he does have an in-universe reason to be there. Whenever I first saw Padmé was going to be fighting on Dac, I lost some serious respect for this show. There is NO REASON in ANY WAY she would be there on the front lines. It's just a complete insult in every sense of the word. If Anakin is going to be on Dac, they should have had Obi-Wan accompany him, not Padmé...

Seriously, I just wish the show would just both Padmé and Anakin completely, but I know that's never going to happen, so I'll have to stick with venting my frustration on internet forums :p

10. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Totally agreed- i was about to throw up when i saw Padmé- Padmé in battle.... PADMÈ[face_sick] :mad: :_|

If they need senator on Dac Mon Mothma would've been perfect choice- but since they obviously need a fighter why to have any senator there- this is shoehorning Padmé in a new way- way that is horrible- hopefully this is last time we ever see her in this series i seriously think so now... maybe Cat Taber could voice some jedi or female admiral so they could left Padmé out without kicking any actors out.....

11. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Mon Montha? To be honest, how about no senator.

12. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    it's Mothma- i meant in case there is need for senator- "diplomatic voyage interrupted by war" or something but yes, if they needed fighter then why to have senator

13. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Actually I've seen before in a panel from 2010 that Dave called Corey Burton the voice wizard of TCW. They probably could run the show without JAT. But I still doubt we'll go a season without Obi-wan and get a season with Plo appearing every episode even if he is Dave's favorite.

14. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    I know, typo. :p

But what I was trying to say is that they shouldn't insert any senator, especially Padme. If a senator wanted to join in, he or she stay away from the frontlines of battle.

Seerow- I would like to see Obi-Wan, but either with Anakin or just alone. For a TCW example, I liked The Deserter with him being alone with Cody and his men.

15. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Of course but what if war comes to senator- surprise attack right when they had diplomatic meeting or something- now there is just senseless Padmé-addition i fear but i hope there is some explanation why senator is in there......

16. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Not stating he has to be with Anakin, I'm all for the Advetures of Obi-wan. I'm merely stating how unlikely it is we'll go much of the season without him. Most of the kids I've watched TCW with like 'Kenobi' as my little niece calls him. I admit that when I have to watch kids I often use TCW for entertainment. It beats 'NickJr' and 'Big Time Rush'.

17. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Yeah, I know, I was stating that I don't mind seeing him with Anakin or just alone. :p

I don't know if anyone has a link, but was it said they wouldn't show him for much of the season?

18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Hell yeah, bring on the Obi-wan episodes. I don't have a link for that, but I've watched all the interviews I've got multiple times and not one ever said he wouldn't be featured in the season. JAT wouldn't be excited for the season if Obi-wan wasn't in it, that's his favorite character and I've always thought he's genuine when talking about what an honor it is for him to play the character. Then again he doesn't have any other important roles that come to mind unlike say Dee Baker who can brag about Daffy Duck, Klaus, Olmec, and now Slythe.

19. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    They've really shoved him off to the side in favor of Anakin-Asoka's relationship. One of the main concerns I had all the way back in 2008 was that Obi-Wan's relationship and any development would be completely ignored besides some superficial "witty banter" between them. Considering how far we've gone, I'd say that assessment was right.

20. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    I'm all for No-Anakin only Obi-Wan episodes.....

21. Confederate_Republic

Jul 21, 2011
    Right from the start I knew Anakin having a Padawan would be a bad idea. I knew all it would do is further push Obi-Wan into the background. Luckily, I've noticed most of the whole Anakin-Ahsoka relationship has slightly died down since the first half of Season 2 Ended. I can barely even watch the last act of Cargo of Doom because it irritates me so much. The Anakin-Ahsoka relationship is one of the worst aspects of the show in my opinion, and I would like to stay as far away from it as possible.

[face_praying]

22. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I think you're pretty wrong actually. The Mandalorian arc proved that Obi-Wan does have stuff going for him at the moment, you just don't see it as much.

@Confederate_Republic: Your claim about the Anakin-Ahsoka relationship being the worst thing on the show is your opinion... Bah! Considering people here like to state their opinions as fact, I shouldn't even bother telling people this.

23. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    I would like to see some more Cody with Obi-Wan as well

24. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Definitely agree. I almost want to say I like Cody more than Rex... I think it's partly because all the marketing for the show centers on the latter, and Cody's been relegated to the sidelines. I hate being "forced" to like a character.

25. Confederate_Republic

Jul 21, 2011
    Read that again and get back to me.