**Official OC Fan Force Costuming help and advice thread.**

Discussion in 'Orange County, CA' started by SRB_Jedi_Knight, Aug 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_avery Jedi Master

star 3
    ok...what should we collaborate on?

Dang I Did It Again!
    I HATE YOU 1 MESSAGE PER MINUTE RULE!!!
  2. darth_avery Jedi Master

star 3
  3. darth_avery Jedi Master

star 3
    !!!CALLING ALL JANGO/BOBA FETT FANS!!!

here is a guy who did a great job on his jango/boba costumes. the first one is a link to his yahoo photo album and the second one is a lind to his thread where you can learn how he made it.

photo album

thread

his stuff is prety cool. i would definately consider making it myself. (one thing at a time!) :D
  4. SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Master

star 4
    Great work D_A. I know you will do a great job heading this up.
  5. Tri-Som_Gare Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hello all!

Even though I am not new at TF.N, I am very new to this board. I am a member of the 501st, SCGarrison, and Rebel Legion. I am in the Long Beach area. Aside from having trooper armor, I have a Jedi costume, and a sith. I am going to start on a Jango Fett, but was thinking of maybe doing my own color scheme. My wife thinks she will be able to sculpt, so we are going to try to make a custom jet pack. She is also a seamstress, so she makes jedi robes, full costumes, etc. I make real leather Jedi belts and some sabres.

Anyway, here I am!

Gare
  6. darth_avery Jedi Master

star 3
    i'm dying to be a part of the 501st.
    i'm an actress (kinda) and i love volenteering.
    i'd do anything to me a member! (with in reason of coarse)
  7. darth_avery Jedi Master

star 3
    hey SRB!
    di i get to have a nifty heading under my name now that i'm the OCFF director of costuming
    that would be really cool! :cool:
    that would be better than cool...
    that would be shway! (do ne of you watch Batman Beyond?)

y do i get the feeling i'm the only one posting with the same enthusiasm?
  8. droideka27 Manager Emeritus

star 7
    darth avery:
    yeah i want a title too :p (I'm director of collecting!) wishful thinking. awwww

anyways, the pattern for the jedi robes.... which i am actually very interested in because i want to make some for my boy friend (if i can convince him to wear them :p) came up as a pattern for bandanas. Can you check that for me?? thanks so much!
  9. darth_avery Jedi Master

star 3
    um...i don't think i understand. what is it you want me to check on?

sorry-i thinki'm just tired...i'll go to bed now
  10. Tri-Som_Gare Jedi Knight

star 3
    So, you'll do anything to be in the 501st huh? Would you stand on one foot and bark like a dog? :) J/K

Honestly, all you need is a Imperial or Bounty Hunter, general bad guy costume and that is it. It is great fun and a great bunch of people. Do you have any costumes like these? If you have a Jedi or something good, have you joined the Rebel Legion?
  11. darth_avery Jedi Master

star 3
    i'm working on a jedi costume right now along with a padme costume...but i'm not joining the rebel legion cuz i that way i have to show my face (i like the idea of wearing a helmet. i don't have to put on make up)

my dad and i were trying to decide weather to buy a stormtrooper costume (they go fot $5000 or to make one. making one sounds like it costs considerable less than buying one...but then again, all i have to do is save my pennies.

i've decided i wouldn't join 'til i got my drivers lisence next year (that way i can drive my self to events) and between now an the time i started driving, i'd either work on the costume or work on raising the money. it sounded like a good plan to me.
  12. SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Master

star 4
    That sounds like an excellent plan D_A. Very wise.
  13. zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Master

star 4
    hi guys;

latest update...my jedi robe should be ready by next week...i will bring it to the next meeting so you all can check it out...anything i can do to help anyone...let me know...oh and DA i meant if anyone needed both of us on something...and yes you really are enthusiastic on posts..but thats a good thing...
  14. SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Master

star 4
    Zhi-don,

What was the name and address of the leather shop you talked about at the last meeting. If you can post it here I might take a drive this weekend. :D
  15. darth_avery Jedi Master

star 3
    OOOOOPPPPPSSSS!
    i copied the wrong pattern # for the simplicity patter on jedi robes.
    it's actually:

16. droideka27 Manager Emeritus

star 7
    thanks! Those jedi robed look GREAT. I am definitely going to have to head over to Joann's soon and get the pattern.

I am excited! :)
  17. zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Master

star 4
    SRB:

wish i had an address for you, however i can give you directions...its kinda between fwys so you can go 91W or 405N...in any case get off at atlantic...go south towards the ocean from the 91 or north to the mountains from the 405...look for carson street...if coming from the 405 go about 2 blocks and its on your right along with a lot of small shops...park in back if you cant in front...if coming from the 91 if you see carson street..turn around...youve come too far down...i havent been there since i worked on my sisters xena costume...see if they have belts 1 1/2 inches wide and 3/4 inch and how long and how much...also look for holster studs...you need 8 for the belt...i still havent located the buckles unless you want anakins or mace windu's if so i can help you there...it depends on the type of buckle which small belt you want...good luck...
  18. darth_avery Jedi Master

star 3
    i'm thinking about making my jedi robes with a leather over vest like anakin's instead of the over tunic they had on the picture. i'm using dark colors (mostly browns, big duh!) i'm not sure if i'm gonna buy boots at the army/navy surplus store in Newport or if i'm gonna take the soles of some old doc martins and attach some leather for a mre realistic look...i'm lazy so i'll prolly buy 'em.
  19. zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Master

star 4
    hi DA;

you dont have to do brown...check out the lady jedi in blue from the AOTC scrapbook...
    that why i love that movie...really no set style for jedi gear....this allows you to do your own thing...but it all looks similar...so you dont have to do brown...unless you like it...i do
  20. darth_avery Jedi Master

star 3
    i saw a lady who made here jedi costume w/ a creme under tunic, a forest green over tunic, brown boots and accessories, and a dark red cape. she looked like dhe jumped right out of Rivendel

or robin hood (either way it looked funny)
  21. zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Master

star 4
    sounds pretty cool to me...hey SRB...did you find the leather shop?
  22. SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Master

star 4
    No Zhi-Don. I didn't have time. I'll try next weekend though. Too busy today.
  23. Kyps-dozen Jedi Knight

star 2
    ok...which is tackier....a jedi costume withe a terry cloth bath robe or a jedi costume with those retractable lightsabers.

i say if ur gonna make a jedi costume you might as well make it accurate! am i right?!
  24. SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Master

star 4
    I personally would say both are quite tacky. The tunics and robes are quite easy to make with the correct patterns and as for the saber...make one yourself. You can get designs from the big yellow box and just some simple things from like home depot or any hardware store. A little paint and there's your saber. I personally would use one that didn't retract all the way. It would not look right hanging from your jedi belt. Well thats my 0.02 i'm sure some will diagree with me, but they're entitled.
  25. zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Master

star 4
    i think youre both right and wrong...you gotta go with the best you can do...a lot of people cant afford parks sabers...or custom made costumes...the adult rubies costumes are not bad with a little modification...the retractable sabers [the new ones, not the old ones that that blade falls out off] dont look too bad...the ones with sound are nice although a litte big...a bathrobe would look bad if terry, but might look ok if plain fabric was used and a tabbad and obi added...ya gotta use what youve got...dont be ashamed if its the best you can do...and dont be afraid to ask for help...from us your friends at the OC fan force...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.