*Official* Online Resources

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT, Jun 3, 2005.

Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
  1. skywalker_1982 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes they are cool over there kathy is such a big help and you can get some good bargains there, I mean afterall they are based in the same city where the kenner factory was, if you ever got to celebration 4 they will be there for sure, they was at C3 and some of the stuff they had was unreal.
  2. BKK Force Ghost

star 3
    I noticed these 3 links, Toyrocket.com, ToyWiz.com, and SWfigures.com, aren't on the list yet, all of those are pretty decent. I've ordered from all 3 without incident. Though as with any online retailer expect a fairly decent markup in price, though the sites I just listed may appear pricey, the items I was looking for and bought were a real decent buy. I'd classify those sites as "depends on what you're looking for" and "how desperate are you?". :p
  3. Padme-Wan_SkyWindu Jedi Knight

star 3
    I have a recommendation for the list and a question.

The recommendation: www.superherotoys.com. I should provide a word of warning that some of their prices are a bit on the high side, in my opinion, but the particular item I ordered was not pricey and the shipment and delivery were incredibly fast.

The question: does anyone know of a decent online source (besides ebay) for buying modern Star Wars line 3.75" figure accessories? I've done some searching and will do more, but the only site I've located so far that sells accessories at all only has vintage ones. Thanks for any help.
  4. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    I know Brians Toys does replica weapons, etc, but I don't know if they do them for modern figures. They are in the list under US - can't hurt to look!

Edit - added Superhero Toys to the list.

BKK - I missed adding your sites in. I will try to get to them tomorrow. When you posted them I had a friend visiting me and my online time was reduced.
  5. Padme-Wan_SkyWindu Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm just adding another endorsement for The Earth Collectible Toy Mall (www.theearthtoymall.com). I placed an order with them on Tuesday and it arrived Friday. Spectacular.
  6. chewykingwookie Jedi Master

star 4
    I have had some good success with bigbadtoystore.com. They are out of WI and have various items for SW including exclusives from EE and swshop.com
  7. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    I've added them in - thanks!
  8. BKK Force Ghost

star 3
    Had my order for Wave 4.4 canceled from Entertainment Earth. I would have thought that would be a popular one as it had Commander Cody, Clone Trooper, Scorch, in it. In the email they sent they said the manufacturer wasn't going to supply that case number etc... anymore. So yeah my first expierience with EE wasn't good, even if it's technically not their fault.

Bummer.
  9. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    That's a shame. I haven't used them in awhile but I never had any problems with them.
  10. BKK Force Ghost

star 3
    *Shrugs*

Yeah I'm not totally blaming them as their email said it wasn't being shipped to them because it got canceled on the Hasbro end. Working in a retail environment I can understand completely, still kinda sucks though. :p

I'd still give them another try though, in fact I'll probably be ordering the online exclusive "Kir Kanos" from them in the next couple of weeks. :cool:
  11. SithAboveAll Jedi Master

star 4
    i'm kind of suprised these arent on the list. unless i read it too fast and didnt see them

www.nsidecollectibles.com
    www.mostwantedcollectibles.com
    www.razorsedgecollectibles.com
  12. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    Probably because no one has recommended them here. When I started the list I began with sites I had personally used. All the other additions/deletions were recommended in this thread. If you have used those sites without problems I will add them.
    Are they all US-based?
  13. SithAboveAll Jedi Master

star 4
    all are US sites and all have awesome prices and service
  14. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    OK - I've added them in...
  15. Rebel_Spook Jedi Master

star 4
    I was wondering if anyone has had any dealings with MovieSword.com? They mostly deal with knives and swords, but also carry a lot of replicas for Star Wars and other sci-fi franchises.
  16. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    I'm afraid I haven't. They have some nice-looking stuff though!
  17. Cappy97 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Is there a good online price guide that anyone knows of?
  18. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    I've got a few of the books. I think most people check closed Ebay auctions for the item(s) in question to get a rough idea of what people are willing to pay for something.
  19. Cappy97 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thanks. I haven't bought any figures since I was a kid and now I'm just going to collect the Yoda figures and wanted to make sure I don't overpay.

20. Jedi_Riibu Jedi Master

star 4
    Would anyone have any recommendations of UK sites in terms of shipping to the US? I'm wanting to import some Doctor Who stuff and am trying to get the best deal on shipping. I like Forbidden Planet's prices, but they don't tell you what they're going to charge for shipping. Another site I was looking at was going to charge me more for shipping than the item I wanted to buy (£18!). I'm hoping to do a lot better than that...
  21. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    You can try The Entertainer, but I think they do mostly toys/action figures - not pricier statues and stuff like that. They are reliable - they are a store chain as well as an online site and I know they ship internationally. Unfortunately r2dtoys don't do Dr Who or I would recommend them. I shop at the London Forbidden Planet store but I have had mediocre experience with their online service. I ordered 3 items last year in November and was still waiting for them in January. One was a calendar that was not made, one was a book that never came in stock (despite it being available on Amazon in Dec) and one was a Fett plate. I had to chase them up by phone several times before they told me about the calendar. Of the order the only item I got was the plate. I finally asked for the remainder of my money back and ordered the book from Amazon UK.

What Dr Who items are you after? I can tell you if I have seen them locally.
  22. Jedi_Riibu Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks for the tips!

I ended up placing an order through The Entertainer as at this point I am just looking for action figures/toys. I dunno if I want to dive into another genre of high-end collectibles. They say to have the Rose figure in stock, which seems to be impossible to find for a decent price, so hopefully that'll work out.
  23. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    Let us know how that goes. I have ordered from them quite a few times (and I have a store locally, though it is a small one). Normally the response time is very quick here so I am curious how long it will take for you to get your order. They are already in the resource list under UK.
    I was in there yesterday and they had a few items, as did the local Woolworths.
  24. Jedi_Riibu Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I got my package a few days ago. It shipped within 24 hours of when I made the order and was here (the West Coast of the US, no less) in about 4 days. I can't say there's much to complain about there!
  25. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    That's pretty good. Glad you got your order OK. My last order with them was for Scorch and Cody (at £7 each, no less!). I ordered on a Tuesday night and it was delivered Thursday morning. Can't fault that!
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT