main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon OFFICIAL: Oregon Fans Review of AOTC

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by CountBakufu, May 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CountBakufu

CountBakufu Jedi Master star 2

Oct 10, 2001
    Since the main TF.net boards are long with reviews, especially trolls who have been bashing, I thought it would be nice to hear reviews from us who visit on this board.
    Be realistic, give us a reason why you did or didn't like it. Also use this board for easter eggs, speculations, etc...let's have some fun.

The story, which is what counts, was really good, solid and makes TPM alot more enjoyable to watch.
    The FX were fantastic and the best I've seen in a film to date. There were a few lighting issues but I overlooked them.
    This film is the most action packed SW films to date, and the action is top notch! Nothing pleased me more than seeing a group of Jedi ignite their lightsabres and commence to kick some a#@!
    The love story overall worked to some degree although it got REALLY hokey and unbelieveable but it did work I guess.
    The music in this film dd not have the impact it should have, hardly memorable and I think alot of scenes sufferd for it. Not bad but could have made them better than they already were. I was a bit diappointed I guess more in the lack of..and the placement of...rather than the quality of the music.
    Acting overall was good, especailly Obi-wan and Anakin, the scene in the beginning where Obi-Wan puts him in his place was great.
    Next

2. LoadedWord

LoadedWord Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2002
    I thought it was a very good movie, both times I've seen it so far. The fans for the midnight showing were just having a riot-like blast and it was great fun.

The movie had some really great scenes and a great story. The acting was alright for most of the movie, really good for a bit, and really bad for a bit. The action was amazing. Lucas has quite the imagination.

The most magical scene involved Yoda teaching the younglings. It was just heartwarming to me.

-LoadedWord

3. Jaya_Jedi

Jaya_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 13, 2001
    I've only seen it once, but I really liked it, and I'm sure will only enjoy it more the second time. I thought all of the action scenes were fantastic, now seeing some of the duels in the OT just makes me laugh ;) Some of the dialogue and acting was very cheesy...."Are you ok?" "Yeah!!!" *runs off....* and the Mace's "This party's over" line? I mean, I admit it was very cool, but didn't seem very SW-y to me, but oh well.
    Some things I really liked were:
    *Anakin's delivery of the post-slaughter lines
    *Obi-Wan was great throughout the whole thing
    *Jango and Boba (his kid's laughter is so evil!)
    *Kamino was really cool
    *and of course, badass Mace and Yoda

Besides some scenes that I just winced in, overall I though it was great!!

4. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I loved it and almost everything about it. I am sure I could pick a few lines that were not my favorite, not to say they were bad, they just were not perhaps what I'd have chosen. Nonetheless, that's pretty minor given that I loved most of the screenplay, as always, and the story (as we all already knew it would, I suppose) rocked.

I have seen AOTC 9 times so far. Going for 50+ overall, as I did with TPM (50 even), so I can't wait to notice even more in my future viewings! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.