main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official* Pablo's Hyperspace Q & A Drop Box Summaries Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Garth Maul, Feb 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    The nightmare DOES have many excellent possibilities.

I'm reminded again of ESB, with Luke's vision of the city in the clouds and his friends in danger.

"It's you and your powers the Emperor wants, Luke."

"...And sacrifice Han and Leia?"

I wonder if Yoda is warning Luke about the dangers of visions because they had a similar experience with Anakin?

Who would be in danger? Padme, Palpatine, and Obi-Wan are the only obvious choices, and Padme being the strongest.

"We could keep it a secret."

"We'd be living a lie. I couldn't do that, could you, Anakin?"

"No, you're right. It would destroy us."

[face_devil]

BTW, Hyperspace chat with Rick McCallum early Tuesday morning. :D

2. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    RS is right, the name of Sifo-Dyas was used so that there would be a real Jedi who ordered the clones. In ROTS, it might be mentioned that the Jedi placed an order for the clone army and that might lead to the persecution of the Jedi order. Sifo-Dyas won't have to be mentioned, but it's quite possible that Palpatine will say that he was behind it.

Star Wars is six, two and one
    /LM

3. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    That Palpatine was behind it, I mean.

Personality is the key to art
    /LM

4. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    new update!!!

- a lightsaber was broken in an animatic, but the final shot may just be a cut on the arm.

- the novelization was definitely different than the finished film - it was handed in before the final cut, so some things will be different. But it seems they purposely wanted Matt Stover to go deeper into some things and not as much into other things.

- there are some tear-jerker scenes, but Pabs did not tear up. "Too much message board exposure." [face_laugh]

- Darth Plagueis is pronounced "Play-gee-us."

- the ROTS official movie poster is done by Drew Struzan, and is almost done.

- more on how Palpatine steals the show, and how Pablo is not denigrating Hayden's performance: Now don't go spinning every positive into a negative. If someone asks who my favorite is, it doesn't necessary mean they didn't have competition. Hayden's great -- and I really think Ian elevates his performance. The two share a lot of screen time together, and Hayden has to react to the coaxing and seduction that's coming from McDiarmid. I wouldn't think Ian was so fantastic if he wasn't so effectively luring Anakin, and that speaks to Hayden's performance as the one that is lured.

- all the duels are currently pretty much as long as scripted - with the exception of the Mace duel, which is longer after the pickups.

- Luminara Unduli is in one shot.

- it's Moo-sta-far, not Mus-ta-far.

- the Art of ROTS book will NOT contain the screenplay.

- Pablo's thoughts on Grievous using a lightsaber: I think Grievous, thematically, was designed as an insult to Jedi sensibilities, and this has been played up in the EU with Dooku's thoughts about his underling. Whatever gets the job done. He can handle the weapon because his grotesque form is advanced enough to use it, albeit in a blunt, inelegant way.

- Palpatine's specifically weird appearance has (mostly) nothing to do with age and happens to him for a specific reason in ROTS.

- neither the teaser nor trailer have specific titles.

- we don't get to see the giant worms on Mygeeto - that actually WAS just a concept.

- if anyone notices I left out a point about Palpatine, I left it out on purpose. Please PM before posting it, because it's something I don't think everyone should know.

- we don't specifically find out why Sith have yellow eyes.

That's it for now.

5. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    Darth who?

dont tell me.

6. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    You know the Biblical Plagues of Egypt? There's your man. Might I add he's quite a dancer and likes Vanila Coke?

7. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Allow me to clarify my earlier vague comment.

Pablo commented on something about Palpatine that I had heard *nothing* about before, and I think it's something I'd rather let 3NS see for themselves on opening night.

8. Padlei

Padlei Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2003
    Thanks GARTH_MAUL for the summary and leaving the Palps plot point out of the summary...

Pablo didn't cry once? :eek: Maybe the fact he got to see it shot and all has something to do with it too...

9. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    But also recall the music brought a tear to his eye, so seeing it being filmed definitely had something to do with it. He knew what was going to happen, and knew all the jokes and hijinx behind the scenes etc.

10. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    Who is this Darth Plagueis character? I know that arrow said he didn't want to know, but I do.

The only thought that I am having is that maybe Plagueis' name is mentioned during that scene that we saw in the BTH picture in which Palps is giving Anakin a "history lesson."

:cool: Mace Windy,
    too windy for spoilers!

11. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    I'll black this out for the people who don't want to know: Darth Plagueis is Sidious' master. He's mentioned in the novel Labyrinth of Evil, and that's all that's said about him.

12. Mace Windy

Jul 3, 1999
    'Is' or 'was?' I'd assume you meant that he 'was' Sidious' master. Correct?

:cool: Mace Windy,
    too windy for spoilers!

13. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    My mistake, "was". Talking about tenses in a fictional work that covers a long span of time gets confusing.

14. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    what, you think I'm not gonna highlight the black when its right there in front of me?
    Sure, I'm trying to be spoiler free, but I'm not made of stone.

:p

But thats good news anyway. If I had the time, I would know that already & I dont consider that a spoiler. Even if something happens like what Windy suggested.

15. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    As far as I know, it's not going to be a major plot point.

They mention him in Labyrinth of Evil, and that's about it.

16. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Up, lots of gold nuggets in here to pass the time until ROTS.

17. Mace Windy

Jul 3, 1999
    Darn you, GARTH! Here you are simply upping this thread, making me assume that Pablo gave another update! :mad:

:p Mace Windy,
    too windy for spoilers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.